• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

He could well be right that Lennon was a better option, at least able to stretch the pitch a little. But Palace were not giving any time or space. We lacked the fast one touch passing we'd seen to release the likes of Lennon in the previous game - that was across the whole team. chelsea and **** lost (at least we got a point) so I think it was a day where top teams who play in europe hit a wall. Just my opinion.

Chelski went all the way up to Saudi Sportswashing Machine, arsanal were away to Stoke, both difficult places to go and play and get results. We were at home to Palace!!

Also, it was our second home game in a week, Chelsea game was in London, the previous EL game was at home.. No travelling excuses, no need for tiredness

Chelski went all the way up to Saudi Sportswashing Machine, arsanal were away to Stoke, both difficult places to go and play and get results. We were at home to Palace!!

Also, it was our second home game in a week, Chelsea game was in London, the previous EL game was at home.. No travelling excuses, no need for tiredness

That's being disrespectful to Palace mate. They have 2 very "tricky" wingers in bolasie and zaha. Perfect for the counter vs a tiring team. Ask liverpool who were beaten a couple of weeks ago. Bolasie tore them a new one. The other 2 lost btw we didn't.

Last edited:
That's being disrespectful to Palace mate. They have 2 very "tricky" wingers in bolasie and zaha. Perfect for the counter vs a tiring team. Ask liverpool who were beaten a couple of weeks ago. Bolasie tore them a new one. The other 2 lost btw we didn't.

Every team has a decent couple of players at least. Do we use this as an excuse every time we drop points at home?

If you think a goalless draw at home to Palace is ok then let's agree to disagree.

Poch has averaged roughly 1.5 points a game and Sherwood roughly 2 yet he got slaughtered because people didn't like the way he talked....

He spoke from the heart and should have been given more time. We have messed up so many times and Levy is culpable. Yes, we are not in debt but we have a collection of players who don't really give a toss about the club.

No real heart and the one recent manager who spoke honestly gets outed. What he said when we capitulated 4 nil at Chelscum was spot on - most of the players will have forgotten the result by the time they get on the coach etc..

Chelscum and scum fans just see our club as a joke and they are not far wrong.

But the rest of the team... It's about putting players out there in the role they excel best and keeping it stable so that telepathic understanding can form. On both counts Poch has failed so far. His pressing style doesn't fit the players, and right now we have a dressing room revolt if rumours of senior vs junior players situation is to be believed.

Further to above..... I am 54 and still play Saturday football against youngsters. We lost 4-3 today, and am still gutted and I probably should have been sent off for some 'handbags' which I started. Not exactly proud of that bit but I effing care..... Our lot..... Most of them hope to go to the next big club just like Pochettino.

So what is your explanation? We played relatively well in the previous two games with a very similar line up.

Could be, the difference is the other teams who play in Europe have had a few good games/performances this season, we have had 1, maybe two if you count against a dire QPR side

Poch is struggling

- No first 11, no preferred formation
- No improvement on our plenty possession, no threat style
- No improvement on our lack of pace/tempo (exception of 1 game)
- No improvement on our results against top 4/5
- Even worse home form
- Football is generally dire to watch

At what point does this change?

-I think Poch has struggled. But he is not building upon much. He has to lay his own foundation. He maybe should have identified a starting 11 sooner. But he thought the likes of Capoue and Kaboul were worthy of a place.

-I disagree that there has been no improvements however. Some of our one touch passing in the previous two games was slick. Today we rarely saw us pass and move in the same way.

-Did you watch the chelsea and everton games? We showed plenty of fast pace and tempo.

-Results have not been good agreed.

-Poch hasn't got the team prepared to play at home. Its a young side, and they need to be mentally prepared for the Lane. They need their game plan and need to feel at home. Rednapp was good at setting the right attitude at home. Sadly Poch has not sussed it.

-We rarely play the same side. Again I thought some of our passing recently has been much improved. Poch is up against a rock and a hard place - he needs to play the same team so they can gel, but he also needs to rotate to allow the players to show the movement and closing down that is required.

Its easy to criticise, harder to create. What would you do? I think you have to give him until the end of the season for him to build a settled team. We had no foundation. Bar Eriksen and Lloris, we had no experienced definate names in our starting 11. It will take some time.

Just read that Poch has said we were tired and it was difficult to manage.... Ahh, what a shame. The other week the pitch was too small.

Why doesn't he just say,,,,,,,,,, " I was rubbish in Spanish football but just got lucky to get the job at Southampton where I was again lucky to inherit a squad of exceptional players who were just about to start hitting their peaks. Most of our current players are just not good enough and I am out of my depth and don't know what to do'...

That would be closer to the sad effing truth of it all...

Last edited:
Not sure if tiredness tells the whole story. If we were tired you'd perhaps expect that to show up more as the game went on and in the 2nd half. But in fact the game was very slow right from the start, slow pace and tempo. We shouldn't have been tired right at the first whistle. We have some injuries, but we also supposedly have a deep squad. Anyway, the games will come thick and fast over the holiday period so he will need to figure it out, maybe adjust training, get his rotation sorted, etc, and basically do what managers do...manage his squad and games.

Last edited:
Just read that Poch has said we were tired and it was difficult to manage.... Ahh, what a shame. The other week the pitch was too small.

Why doesn't he just say,,,,,,,,,, " I was rubbish in Spanish football but just got lucky to get the job at Southampton where I was again lucky to inherit a squad of exceptional players who were just about to start hitting their peaks. Most of our current players are just not good enough and I am out of my depth and don't know what to do'...

That would be closer to the sad effing truth of it all...

I like you :)

Not great today by the sounds of it although I didn't get to see it. Thought we'd win this one.

I like you :)

Not great today by the sounds of it although I didn't get to see it. Thought we'd win this one.

i bet chelsea thought theyd win.. and probably liverpool fans too. probably the majority of Arsenal too. but hey ho, it happens.. infact all 3 lost.

Every team has a decent couple of players at least. Do we use this as an excuse every time we drop points at home?

If you think a goalless draw at home to Palace is ok then let's agree to disagree.

Do I think it is acceptable? - Certainly not from where we want to be as team and a club? But have we been blowing away teams like Palace over the last 3 seasons even with Bale? clearly not. My point was that Palace are no slouches, who are going to roll over for us. Other than a couple of teams, any team is capable of beating another team. **** it Palace beat Liverpool, WHam beat Man ****ty, Poocastle beat Chelsea. So it is conceivable for Palace to beat us. But seeing as we have not been playing well this was a game we could have lost but we didn't.

But the rest of the team... It's about putting players out there in the role they excel best and keeping it stable so that telepathic understanding can form. On both counts Poch has failed so far. His pressing style doesn't fit the players, and right now we have a dressing room revolt if rumours of senior vs junior players situation is to be believed.

But when Sherwood did that last season fans claimed we were rudderless!

-I think Poch has struggled. But he is not building upon much. He has to lay his own foundation. He maybe should have identified a starting 11 sooner. But he thought the likes of Capoue and Kaboul were worthy of a place.

-I disagree that there has been no improvements however. Some of our one touch passing in the previous two games was slick. Today we rarely saw us pass and move in the same way.

-Did you watch the chelsea and everton games? We showed plenty of fast pace and tempo.

-Results have not been good agreed.

-Poch hasn't got the team prepared to play at home. Its a young side, and they need to be mentally prepared for the Lane. They need their game plan and need to feel at home. Rednapp was good at setting the right attitude at home. Sadly Poch has not sussed it.

-We rarely play the same side. Again I thought some of our passing recently has been much improved. Poch is up against a rock and a hard place - he needs to play the same team so they can gel, but he also needs to rotate to allow the players to show the movement and closing down that is required.

Its easy to criticise, harder to create. What would you do? I think you have to give him until the end of the season for him to build a settled team. We had no foundation. Bar Eriksen and Lloris, we had no experienced definate names in our starting 11. It will take some time.

good post agree completely=D>.

i bet chelsea thought theyd win.. and probably liverpool fans too. probably the majority of Arsenal too. but hey ho, it happens.. infact all 3 lost.

But I don't care about other clubs, I care about Tottenham , and today was once again very poor no matter how many excuses are made.

Poch has a team thats been built across three managers, with three different systems and he's playing with what he has, which isnt very good. Like a wise poster on here once said, the players are on trial this season, not the manager. Im very glad Poch has identified those who are poisonous and rewards those who seem to work hard. I'm excited to see Poch build his own team to suit his vision, itd be pathetic to not give him the oppertunity.

But I don't care about other clubs, I care about Tottenham , and today was once again very poor no matter how many excuses are made.

depends if you expecting a hammering. my expectations are relative to the quality of the team. I will continue to look at the positives.

i cant understand the invert ed wing ers. why did this become a preferred tactic of AVB and MP?

it just doesn't work for us, the amount of times we cut inside and dribble the ball into a mass of 15 players outside the opponents box and then lose it just astounds me.

sometimes we put a right footer on the right and a left footer on the left for a bit and start getting crosses in and creating chances. everything looks better and we look a much better team. but we continually start inverted and only use it sporadically, are these managers not seeing what i see?

Back