• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

The problem that international managers have is that they have very little time to work with the players and implement a playing style.

I agree with that which is why I find it interesting that they don't do more to have time with the players. Instead of having these away friendly fixtures, sending our team to all corners of the world, would it not be better to treat it as a bit of a pre-season? Use that time to get tactics right, what style you want to play etc... If we have to play, we can play some friendlies against no-hopers like we do in pre-season.

I firmly believe that the reason why we, as a nation, have not won anything in football is because there is something fundamentally rotton about the FA. From choosing managers, to how they treat the team (read Beckham's autobiography as to how he has to ensure that the England players were getting a fair deal from commercial arrangements) and then to the facilities that are provided (Why is the training centre in the midlands when Wembley is our national stadium???). We have had some good pedigree managers (Sven and Fabio) but without time with the players, with a huge number of our players pulling out of friendlies because of club managers, it doesn't matter. You either pick a system that all of our players are used to (but even then the variations are stupid) or you just get the players together as often as possible and actually make use of their time. Forget the media committments and drill them over and over and over.

Further proof that the England squad isn't selected on merit, but marketability. Fast tracking players at the biggest clubs over less fashionable ones.
He has played a lot of U21 though right? And we always talk about consistency and progress from U21 to full squad. Needed cover for that position, will probably not get on, Speak to Southgate on who he thinks should get experience.

Or it could just be Man U player give him the nod.

He has played a lot of U21 though right? And we always talk about consistency and progress from U21 to full squad. Needed cover for that position, will probably not get on, Speak to Southgate on who he thinks should get experience.

Or it could just be Man U player give him the nod.

Agreed.

I also think it's natural that players from the bigger teams get into the national team "easier" as in with fewer games for their club than players at smaller clubs. LIndgaard is getting game time ahead of players like Memphis Depay. I don't think Jack Grealish at Aston Villa has the same level of competition for his game time. Players at bigger clubs are also involved in big games much more regularly, and play for teams that often look to play a style of football that actually stands a fair chance to dominate smaller teams and stand up to bigger teams. (Something I think England aspires to do). That experience from those games is worth a lot more than game time at smaller clubs as it's more transferrable to a national level I think.

Definitely, I wouldn't dig him out for the goal as he's been playing so well. As you say, can't remember the last rick, which tells me a lot.

Tottenham defender Kyle Walker, speaking to BBC Sport: "It's always good to get a win over your rivals and to get on the scoresheet was even better. My little boy was mascot today as well, so scoring a goal meant a little bit more, too.

"It’s exciting. We've got a young squad, and you can see they are full of confidence and can play football. For English football it’s even better. Full credit to the gaffer, he has come in here and put his stamp on things, and it's rubbing off on us.

"At the start of the season top four was the aim. But we need to keep doing what we are doing, to keep the unbeaten run going would be nice."

On Harry Kane: "It was only a matter of time. H is a proven goalscorer and was always going to continue his form into this year. We all had faith in him but most importantly he had faith in himself. When he is playing well he is unstoppable."

Really impressed with him this season. Crossing improved, positioning improved and has become very important to us.

He must have given up Twitter again? He seems to have rediscovered good form. A very well taken goal today. Just a shame that he fudged up at the end. But he's still having a good season.

What a fudging finish.

I feel like we saw Scott Parker attempting to do that about 100 times when he was here.

Shame he was culpable for one but I don't think it takes any gloss off what has been a fantastic season for him.

He's been incredible. It was a huge huge mistake though, which he is capable of, but ultimately there isn't much better in the whole league than walker.

Been really great all year, and should really be a shoo-in for the Euros if he can keep it up. I'd imagine it's in no small part due to the arrival of Trippier, as he's never really had a highly rated backup to push him into consistency. He can't bugger around with mistakes anymore, and with Poch in and Trippier there he'll know that a few shoddy performances on the spin will see him benched for someone else to have a go. Same situation with Rose. They really look like they're fighting and performing like they're desperate to keep their spot in this side, which is great.

Maybe, but he has shown he can use the outside of it as well !

I was surprised (and impressed) to see Walker on the left wing at points in the first half. He was actually available to take a pass from Danny Rose on one of his rampages.

Inverted FBs.

Walker started out as a CF in the Blades academy, so it's no surprise he can do the business when he gets in the right positions. Ditto Mason (though a #10) - the highest goalscorer in the history of our academy

Back