• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

TBH Delph was brick for the first 30 mins, didn't look anywhere near up to scratch. After that though he upped his game, but he and Carrick were poor at both creating passing options and passing it themselves.

We started pressing from the front in a structured way after Rooney came on I think. Hodgson likes to keep it compact and not leave much space in behind, so a press high up the field isn't what he wants, which is why we sit back and wait to counter. It's just not what he wants the team to do, which is why we will play like this whilst he is in charge.

TBH Delph was brick for the first 30 mins, didn't look anywhere near up to scratch. After that though he upped his game, but he and Carrick were poor at both creating passing options and passing it themselves.

We started pressing from the front in a structured way after Rooney came on I think. Hodgson likes to keep it compact and not leave much space in behind, so a press high up the field isn't what he wants, which is why we sit back and wait to counter. It's just not what he wants the team to do, which is why we will play like this whilst he is in charge.

It's also why we will never win anything with Woy in charge. We do not have the quality to sit back against the better teams. And I also think our midfield is uninspiring. Carrick and Delph? The Carrick of 3 years ago maybe and the Delph of a parallel universe where he is actually good.

We need a coach with a more defined style/system.
Our pressing was awful - little else seemed to have been planned- it all looked ad hoc and a mess.

We need a coach with a more defined style/system.
Our pressing was awful - little else seemed to have been planned- it all looked ad hoc and a mess.

We have had top managers/coaches over the years and still won zip, its the players who are not good enough to beat the best.

We have had top managers/coaches over the years and still won zip, its the players who are not good enough to beat the best.

We will have to disagree on that one.
Spurs now know you need a style and the players to implement it.
At the moment though England are just picking the so called "best of the bunch" and throwing them into the team.

It's a mess and has been since 1996.

At the moment though England are just picking the so called "best of the bunch" and throwing them into the team.

No problem about disagreeing but Capello won 13 trophys as a manager among them Serie A '( 5 times) La Liga ( 2 times)

Sven won 20 trophys during his time so how they can not be top managers is beyond me. As I say the main problem is our lack of REALLY top players and that includes the circus that were called the " golden generation".

I just don't get all this negativity over England's performance. Surely the whole effing point was for the team - minus a few first-choice - to acquire more experience at top international X! in a game where the result was distinctly secondary. We all KNOW we're still well short of class at top international level, that results against the likes of Estonia, Lithuania, Slovenia and San Marino count for diddly-squat.

Inevitably Spain demonstrated they are still well ahead of us when it comes to team-work and flair, they're hardly current European champions for nothing. Look at some of the names they fielded over the whole piece: Iniesta, Pique, Costa, Busquets, Fabergas, Cazorla, Pedro. What did we have? Rooney? Hart? a misfiring Sterling? Pah!

No, this was always going to be a learning curve and that's exactly what it proved to be. Both their goals were scored following the introduction of Alli and Dier, the former having just 33 minutes under his belt at international level, the latter making his full international debut. Not that either were directly to blame for the goals mind.

So what the fudge did people expect?

The problem that international managers have is that they have very little time to work with the players and implement a playing style.

Back