• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

Can you name a better one in this league??

people rave about Bellerin but he isn't great defensively

The argument is based on the phrase 'best defensive RB' NOT 'best RB'. I can agree with nominations for best RB. Not very few better offensively in the league but best defensive in the league? We will have this discussion in July. I dont have the energy.

The argument is based on the phrase 'best defensive RB' NOT 'best RB'. I can agree with nominations for best RB. Not very few better offensively in the league but best defensive in the league? We will have this discussion in July. I dont have the energy.
Watch him more closely in games and you will see how tenacious he is and how he outmuscles opponents and either gets the ball from them, or causes them to make a mistake. Especially since we started rotating he has been superb defensively. I barely worry anymore when team are attacking down our right side and Walker is covering. And I'm one who called him an idiot at the start of the season.

We'll he is part of the best defence in the league and I did say Defensively

I think people are clinging to the old guard for comparisons, players like Zabaletta who have been too notch but are now Looking like on a downward spiral

There really isn't a better right back definitely IMO

I'd argue offensively that Trippier is better for a start

It's just my opinion of course

Good interview with Kyle. We don't often hear much of him in the media.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...-it-was-horrible-under-mauricio-pochettino-b/

Lots of good stuff about the team spirit and Poch etc. but this quote stood out for me :
"It’s just a joy to go into work every single day.”

a) I don't really think of footballers as seeing going to training the same as we see going to work, so this is really refreshing; and
b) whether your job is work or a hobby, how many of us can really describe it as a "joy".
Poch is clearly working miracles.

become a bit of an official mouth piece of late - wonder if he's seen/respected as such by his team mates? probably been here the longest hasn't he?

I think in the commentary towards the end of the game I(couldn't hear it properly, probably thankfully) someone (Savage?) said Walker has been the best right back in the tournament so far.
He had another very good outing today. Very impressive - although some of his crossing still lets him down.

Is there a team of the tournament for the euro's or is that just a football manager thing? If there is, Kyle is a shoe in for the RB spot.

Is there a team of the tournament for the euro's or is that just a football manager thing? If there is, Kyle is a shoe in for the RB spot.

There is a team of the tournament but it is a bit premature to say it is a shoe in, it might be harder if England get knocked out next round

Back