• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

He is such a great defender. One-on-one I don't think there is a better right back in the league. If he could only get more early crosses in...

I wouldn't go that far. Fantastic cross yesterday for the goal though. Certainly wouldn't say he is the best RB in the league.

I wouldn't go that far. Fantastic cross yesterday for the goal though. Certainly wouldn't say he is the best RB in the league.

Perhaps but I don't think that there are many ahead of him. I wouldn't have Clyne ahead of him that's for sure, and I sure as hell wouldn't want Sagna. But I am inherently biased.

If Walker was as good as Dani Alves going forward, he would be the best RB in the world. He is better than Dani Alves defensively and Dani Alves has been rated the best RB in the world for a number of years now.

He's stepped up a level finally, after his breakout season he had seemed to stall, but the last few months he looks the player we hoped he could be.

Back to his best going forward, but also a much better player defensively.

He's had a couple of injury ravaged seasons before this one. I think that we are just seeing what he is capable of when he is match fit and on form.

I also think the rotation with Trippier helps him be fresher for games, he can give 100% every game.
Agree. I also think the early cross to Kane in the first minute was straight out of the Trippier playbook. It is a strength of his (Trippier), and definitely something that would make Walker more dangerous if he added it to his game.

Agree. I also think the early cross to Kane in the first minute was straight out of the Trippier playbook. It is a strength of his (Trippier), and definitely something that would make Walker more dangerous if he added it to his game.

Agreed. I think both Walker and Rose get into excellent positions but their final ball more often than not lets them down. If they could improve this aspect of their game, we would have the two best full backs in the league.

Walker the best defending RB? LMAO!! Please stop it.

Walker is very good defensively, big myth that he is only good going forward. Walker's problem in the past was the one or two brainfart/lack of concentration moments he seemed to suffer from every game/every other game.

Over the past couple of months he has not only significantly reduced those, he actually is better at getting back, even covering the CBs more than he used to.

I'm not going to argue that he is the best "defending" FB, but I wouldn't laugh off the suggestion that he deserves to be in the conversation. Our GA column looks good because 6 players are doing their job really well (Walker, Rose, Toby, Jan/Wimmer, Hugo & Dier)

Last edited:
Walker and Rose - both 25 - wouldn't normally be seen as senior players. But proud of the way they have both stepped up this season and matured. Both still young men, with plenty to learn, but they are acting and playing with greater maturity.

Back