• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kyle Walker

I think some people don't realise how long it can take to come back from a serious injury, also how hard it is to play at the top level while not at 100% (especially for a player where pace is one of his biggest attributes).

you can do that with 90% of our player threads.

This is why Walker will never be a top class fullback. He is having one of his headless chicken games tonight.

This is why Walker will never be a top class fullback. He is having one of his headless chicken games tonight.

testing-knee-for-reflex.jpg

I thought he had a decent first half, but the second against Nolito was tough. The whole back line looked poor at times, including the keeper.

He was no worse then most of the players.

For me he still looks a class above Clyne for example

Clyne would have spent most of he game kicking the ball out like hendidnlast time we played anyone half decent (Italy)

Walker got done once for the cross shot that Hart dealt with comfortably

Was a big issue though in front of him as no player looked comfortable there and putting Alli there was just bizarre to me

Walker did alright, especially considering the brick he was playing next to (Smalling and Jones) and the lack of protection in front.

The whole game was a bit ridiculous - the 4 Tottenham players pressing while the rest of the team weren't capable of it, thus getting caught between 2 opposed game plans.

Walker did alright, especially considering the bricke he was playing next to (Smalling and Jones) and the lack of protection in front.

The whole game was a bit ridiculous - the 4 Tottenham players pressing while the rest of the team weren't capable of it, thus getting caught between 2 opposed game plans.

I only had half an eye on the second half but it would be a bit of a worry if what you are saying is true. Our players should be following the instructions they get at an international level rather than following their club tactics for their country.

I only had half an eye on the second half but it would be a bit of a worry if what you are saying is true. Our players should be following the instructions they get at an international level rather than following their club tactics for their country.

Hoddle, Dixon and Wright on the commentary were moaning at Delph, Lallana, Berkely and Sterling for not doing their jobs and supporting Kane's defence from the front. They were saying English teams needs to learn to press to compete with the top teams, but that it's hard to drill a national team (Wright talked about the hours George Graham used to put in to perfecting it).

Dier and Alli replacing Delph and Lallana made us competitive/got us creating chances for the first time in the match, but did create space in front of our back 4 for Spain to exploit, because the rest weren't backfilling their holes.

Hoddle, Dixon and Wright on the commentary were moaning at Delph, Lallana, Berkely and Sterling for not doing their jobs and supporting Kane's defence from the front. They were saying English teams needs to learn to press to compete with the top teams, but that it's hard to drill a national team (Wright talked about the hours George Graham used to put in to perfecting it).

Dier and Alli replacing Delph and Lallana made us competitive/got us creating chances for the first time in the match, but did create space in front of our back 4 for Spain to exploit, because the rest weren't backfilling their holes.

Hoddle, Dixon and Wright talk brick.

If the game plan was to press from the front then they may have a point. I have not noticed England playing a high press before and it would be a bit of a strange decision to implement it because you have a number of fringe players who are familiar with it in the squad. Especially considering that it is a tactic that requires the whole team to be familiar with it and following the same instructions.

Hoddle, Dixon and Wright talk bricke.

If the game plan was to press from the front then they may have a point. I have not noticed England playing a high press before and it would be a bit of a strange decision to implement it because you have a number of fringe players who are familiar with it in the squad. Especially considering that it is a tactic that requires the whole team to be familiar with it and following the same instructions.

Agree.

I wonder though if the balance is tipping? The number of current and ex Poch players in the squad, combined with those who will be working under Kloop, will soon be about half the squad.

IIRC England gradually switched from 4-4-2 to 4-2-3-1 and from orthodox to inverted wingers, not because a particular coach actively decided, but because a majority of the squad played like that at club level

Agree.

I wonder though if the balance is tipping? The number of current and ex Poch players in the squad, combined with those who will be working under Kloop, will soon be about half the squad.

IIRC England gradually switched from 4-4-2 to 4-2-3-1 and from orthodox to inverted wingers, not because a particular coach actively decided, but because a majority of the squad played like that at club level

Hodgson is pretty conservative. I think that there is merit in adopting it but if he did, I doubt he'd do it before next spring when he would have sufficient time to work with the players.

I'm talking about his passing, control and his 1 on 1 with Nolito. Nolito turned him inside out atleast twice by not doing very much at all. I rate Walker i just don't think he will ever be a top, top player.

I'm talking about his passing, control and his 1 on 1 with Nolito. Nolito turned him inside out atleast twice by not doing very much at all. I rate Walker i just don't think he will ever be a top, top player.

A good club player.
As most of the England team.

No more no less.

International football is dying in England. We all know why!

A good club player.
As most of the England team.

No more no less.

International football is dying in England. We all know why!

Pretty much how I see it as well, I have never seen a so called international player give the ball away as much as Lallana does. Personally I have very little time for England nowadays its great to see our lads get noticed but in all honesty the state of our national side is poor.

The classic view for me is would you prefer to see your country win the the World Cup or your side win the league...

The league wins hands down for me. I didn't choose to be English, but I'm proud to be so!

I did choose to support Spurs (my dad didn't give me much choice to be fair) so it has a lot more sprinting attachment for me

And back in subject Nolito right now is one of the top top players in the Spanish league, hence why Barca want him. When he did turn walker where was the back up to help him out as he gets at club level??? No where

And to contra gutter boys comments, I thought jones and snapping were good.

I still can't fathom how Delph gets picked. He is woeful with a football. My 2 year old can't pass better. The difference when Dier came in was noticeable as we passed to England players

I mentioned it in the England thread. Azza would have been a better option than Sterling last night. The latter offered no support to Walker or Kane but just went through the motions. I wouldn't pick Azza but it's more a point about the pressure on him on the right. Oh and I loved the Spurs lads backing up Alli when he had an altercation late on. Great to see

Back