• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

Of course we want to right player to fit our hopes and expectations for the season but let's also look at what our nearest opponents are doing. The goons have been linked with the great names but Wenger has shot himself in the foot stating that players who leave in January aren't club players - oh and he's linked with some kid from Watford...

I suspect there'll be more loans than permanent transfers this window - not great but could be worse...

And there will be plenty more still thinking that at 11:15 tomorrow night, desperately hoping there is a concluded signing that hasnt yet been announced.

Disappointment to follow shortly afterwards....

I'll be one of them.
It's sad I know but there are lots like me. We need a form a support group or something. Transfer Junkies Anonymous.

We shouldnt let Corluka go out on loan. He may want some game time but leaving ourselves with no backup rb would be stupidity of the highest order.

Also talk of selling Bassong, Corluka offers some cover at CB in an emergency.

I think we should keep everyone including Gio till the summer personally, never know when an injury crisis may come. Of course if we can get a replacement then all good but that doesnt look likely now.

Sky dingdongholes understand that Kevin De Bruyne is at Chelsea's training ground and will undergo a medical shortly.

I know we're not going to sign anyone tomorrow, so I'll save myself the disappointment. I guess Bayern fans were most disappointed after the gaffe with the "new latest signing to be unveiled" through their new mobile app. Turns out the fans were the 'newest signing', and for one reason or another, the fans were totally not cool with that.

And I agree with the sentiment that if no one new is coming in, we should hold onto our players until the summer just in case we get a few injuries, which will be more likely if players don't get rotated.

We shouldnt let Corluka go out on loan. He may want some game time but leaving ourselves with no backup rb would be stupidity of the highest order.

Also talk of selling Bassong, Corluka offers some cover at CB in an emergency.

I think we should keep everyone including Gio till the summer personally, never know when an injury crisis may come. Of course if we can get a replacement then all good but that doesnt look likely now.

The european players like corluka and krancjar will stay till after the euros in the hope they have a good euros and then we can get a higher price for them.

you mentioned scholes walking into the team being a kind of indication of where the football level is at right now. the only ting blocking united from fixing problems such as this is money and pulling power. simple.

i agree with the point that big clubs are hoarding and also that we dont get to see the better players, but thats just money doing the messing up.

for instance united tried to buy sniejder. pretty sure he would have walked into the team..no?

the big teams are just jacking good players from everywhere.....it doesnt mean that the player tallies have gone down significantly.

another thing, being an old legend definately plays a part in the auro of greatness. some of these guys you're thinking off are only considered greats because they are old LOL

African,Look at the players the Arse and United had when they were at their best.

Schmeichel Neville Stam Giggs Keane Scholes RVN Beckham
Seaman Campbell Cole Pires Vieira Henry Bergkamp

These are all world class players and those 2 teams would in my opinion any of the top 4 today in their heyday. These are players who could genuinely fit into any team and perform to a high standard.

Look at the galactico's of real madrid and tell me that they couldn't beat the current madrid team.

Cassilias Hierro Carlos Makelele Figo Zidane Guti Ronaldo Raul

There are some of the all time greats in there. I reckon they would beat Guardiola's current Barca team.

Charlie Adam was the 11.45pm present that Levy was offering Redknapp at the end of last Jan's window (thank GHod that Adam's reluctance too join us and paperwork problems prevented the move)

who will be the gift this time round...i predict Kenwynne Jones

Liverpool not only saved us from Adam, they also saved us from Joe Cole. I still think Carroll has the potential to be a good player, but for the money he went for I think he can be included in that list. I think we were linked with Johnson at some point as well.

"Milos Krasic left out of Juventus squad travelling to Parma tomorrow. Not injured & was in Saturdays squad. Moving on? #JuveNews"

Immune, to this now, and not even slightly bothered. I used to literally spend every minute of a month checking for a transfer.

Now, I have no excitement or disappointment about it. A sign of our team's progress, as well as getting sick of all the pure bullsh#t, I guess.

this

The quality of the game has increased so much overall that it's harder for the players to stand out amongst the mass. We have a few exceptions like Messi, but what if the problem is NOT a lack of world class players, but the inflation of them?

I don't agree that the quality of the game has improved so much. Players are far fitter now and have less time on the ball but you see very few outrageous talents like you used to.

[Update 60] JTG on Krasic
Who: Jurgenthegerman
When: 30th January
Where: COYS

Quote: Originally Posted by JTG
Young Milos on his way.....loan deal ?

jungle drums .........not the greatest source but not the worst...................lot of stories being planted by agents etc.. so probably not much in it

Back