• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

wpd659 on SC:

Alrite guys this mite make u guys happy

Just heard from my m8 ITK and he has heard today we have bid ?ú17mil for leanrdo!

Archibald on SO:

Corluka loan bayern leverkusen

Peanut on COYS:

My prediction now would be Gio out, nothing else. But things can change very quickly.

WHat the fudge is going on with the corluka business? What happens if Walker gets injured or needs a rest? Kaboul I guess, but why are we thinning our cover?!

If we don't sign a striker then it doesn't show any ambition at all to try and do something this season. Yes we have done extremely well, but we are so close to doing the unthinkable, I thought we'd really go for it. We look weak with Ade (we would have won against City with him); we look so slow and lumbering without Bale and/or Lennon; a speedy winger and a striker would make us so much stronger. A CB would also be nice, but less important.

Farming out Charlie would be stupid. I don't want to see our best centre back this year stuck out on the right if Walker gets injured/Knackered (which he will do if he continues he's lightening speed runs to nowhere)

Farming out Charlie would be stupid. I don't want to see our best centre back this year stuck out on the right if Walker gets injured/Knackered (which he will do if he continues he's lightening speed runs to nowhere)

I think they're looking toward the future, it'll be a loan with an option to buy and naughton will come back next season and be our right back back up...

Walker's physical abilities are second to none as right back, he just hasn't fully learned to make the best use of them...

I think they're looking toward the future, it'll be a loan with an option to buy and naughton will come back next season and be our right back back up...

Walker's physical abilities are second to none as right back, he just hasn't fully learned to make the best use of them...

That's fine and I'd really like Naughton to become part of the squad but I don't want to put ourselves at risk of being short at rb because of wanting to get a few more ?ú?ú?ú from Charlie, if Walkers out and we don't have Corluka than it'll either be Kaboul at RB or Benny switches and Rose goes LB, either way we're taking our best performaners out of position.

I'd argue that Walker's physical abilities are second to Richards but I do see your point.

i cant see Naughton wanting to be back up to Walker next season. He has had a taste of regular Premier League football and id expect him to want this to continue, if not at Norwich then somewhere else.

i cant see Naughton wanting to be back up to Walker next season. He has had a taste of regular Premier League football and id expect him to want this to continue, if not at Norwich then somewhere else.

Maybe he'll get some games at LB too? If he's back up to both and we have CL and Cups he could get more games than he has this season at Norwich.

Prob not but just putting it out there lol

I would imagine Naughton getting plenty of football next season.

We will (hopefully!) have the league to really focus on, as well as CL games, as well as two domestic cups.

Walker wont play every game by a long way, and thats without considering any injury he may pick up.

Naughton has a simple choice, play a key squad role in a team at the top, or play every week at somewhere not half as well positioned. If it were me it would be a no brainer

Redknapp very rarely rotates his favourite players for the most important competitions. If Walker is fit he will play every Prem game, every CL game. If i was Naughton, id want more than than the odd Carling cup or Fa cup game, even if it meant playing week in week out at a mid table Prem team. Footballers should want to play football at every given opportunity, and especially players like Naughton at the age he is.

WHat the fudge is going on with the corluka business? What happens if Walker gets injured or needs a rest? Kaboul I guess, but why are we thinning our cover?!

The guy hasn't been been named on the bench for our last 11 games. Meanwhile Walker has played more minutes than any of our other player this season. He needs resting but Harry doesn't want to play Corluka for some reason. He has even played Livermore and BAE at right back ahead of him in the last few months. All is obviously not right with Harry and Charlie behind the scenes.

Redknapp very rarely rotates his favourite players for the most important competitions. If Walker is fit he will play every Prem game, every CL game. If i was Naughton, id want more than than the odd Carling cup or Fa cup game, even if it meant playing week in week out at a mid table Prem team. Footballers should want to play football at every given opportunity, and especially players like Naughton at the age he is.

This is a sure-fire way of making sure your players don't last the whole season.

I just copied and pasted, but the consensus is Llorente. There's been a few flowery hints.

I don't want to bad mouth anyone here, but it feels more than coincidental that SC are doing a big donation drive and keep posting all this ITK drivel to keep people coming back to check for more. Wonder what it takes to become a certified ITK and how long you get to keep your badge?

That's the way to go, let the other saddos find the hidden/ambiguous meaning. :D

This is a sure-fire way of making sure your players don't last the whole season.

and may have played a part in our poor second half of last season......too many players who had not been rotated lacked that 'spark' after Jan

Obviously not conclusive but interesting none the less.

The UEFA team of the tournament from Euro 2000

GK
France Fabien Barthez
Italy Francesco Toldo

DEFENDERS
France Laurent Blanc
France Lilian Thuram
France Marcel Desailly
Italy Fabio Cannavaro
Italy Paolo Maldini
Italy Alessandro Nesta
Netherlands Frank de Boer

MIDFIELDERS
Italy Demetrio Albertini
France Patrick Vieira
Spain Josep Guardiola
Portugal Rui Costa
Netherlands Edgar Davids
Portugal Lu?¡s Figo
France Zinedine Zidane

STRIKERS
France Thierry Henry
Federal Republic of Yugoslavia Savo Milo?íević
Spain Ra??l
Netherlands Patrick Kluivert
Portugal Nuno Gomes
Italy Francesco Totti

In my honest opinion, you aint coming close to that with the players who will feature in this years Euros

How about looking at it in a different way.

Essentially, you are here saying that these players were the greats of that period. This is of course very true. They were world class players.

How about this:

The quality of the game has increased so much overall that it's harder for the players to stand out amongst the mass. We have a few exceptions like Messi, but what if the problem is NOT a lack of world class players, but the inflation of them?

Yes, you might call this rubbish, but I find it a viable idea.

Gonna try and summarise some of my points. It isn't necessarily a lack of talent out there, we just don't get to see it.

The biggest clubs stock pile players, their second choice players are better than the best players in most of the other teams in the league. Being backup players means we don't get to see the best of them.

The top teams might be slightly better, but the bottom half teams are poorer. This is compensated for by using defensive tactics. Being organised and grinding out enough results to avoid relegation is the main priority. Really hard for any creative/exciting players to stand out, but as soon as they do they're snapped up.

Most players (or should that be their agents?) would rather chase a pay check than trophies. Making ?ú40K a week avoiding relegation in the PL is more appealing than ?ú20K a week, fighting for the title in a smaller league. When looking at these smaller leagues for new talent, the overall quality has definitely gone down.

All this quick fix thinking also hampers the progression of youth players already at a club. Talent isn't properly developed.

you mentioned scholes walking into the team being a kind of indication of where the football level is at right now. the only ting blocking united from fixing problems such as this is money and pulling power. simple.

i agree with the point that big clubs are hoarding and also that we dont get to see the better players, but thats just money doing the messing up.

for instance united tried to buy sniejder. pretty sure he would have walked into the team..no?

the big teams are just jacking good players from everywhere.....it doesnt mean that the player tallies have gone down significantly.

another thing, being an old legend definately plays a part in the auro of greatness. some of these guys you're thinking off are only considered greats because they are old LOL

Back