• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

Obviously not conclusive but interesting none the less.

The UEFA team of the tournament from Euro 2000

GK
France Fabien Barthez ---- Iker Casillas
Italy Francesco Toldo ---- Manuel Neuer

DEFENDERS
France Laurent Blanc ---- Coentrao
France Lilian Thuram ---- Pepe
France Marcel Desailly ---- Piqu?®
Italy Fabio Cannavaro ---- Ramos
Italy Paolo Maldini ---- Lahm
Italy Alessandro Nesta ---- Hummels
Netherlands Frank de Boer ---- Evra

MIDFIELDERS
Italy Demetrio Albertini ---- Xavi
France Patrick Vieira ---- Iniesta
Spain Josep Guardiola ---- Modric
Portugal Rui Costa ---- Sneijder
Netherlands Edgar Davids ---- Ozil
Portugal Lu?¡s Figo ---- Schweinsteiger
France Zinedine Zidane ---- Ronaldo

STRIKERS
France Thierry Henry ---- Rossi
Yugoslavia Savo Milo?íević ---- Villa
Spain Ra??l ---- Benzema
Netherlands Patrick Kluivert ---- van Persie
Portugal Nuno Gomes ---- Ibrahimovic
Italy Francesco Totti ---- Rooney

In my honest opinion, you aint coming close to that with the players who will feature in this years Euros

Rubbish! There are plenty of players to keep in touch. And like all competitions, it will make a few household names out of a few. Maybe Gotze and Marvin Martin, or Remy. Who knows who's going to be the shining light of any competition. Who honestly knew about Ozil before 2010? Not many.

If you don't think we have the talent now, you aren't watching the right teams!

Alright then, some rumours:

La Gazzetta dello Sport says QPR are set to seal the capture of Djibril Cisse from Lazio, who will use the money to help buy Keisuke Honda.

Reports in Germany claim Fulham could be trying to sign Borussia Dortmund's Lucas Barrios.

Brian Marwood and Patrick Vieria were present at Ajax-Feyenoord yesterday, re John Guidetti.

McClaren is clearing out at Twente, Janko flying to Porto. Emir Bajrami out too, maybe WBA.

Sol Bamba could become a Premier League player.

Cisse to QPR and Jelavic to Everton almost done.

@ WookieD

DEFENDERS
Italy Paolo Maldini ---- Lahm :ross:

MIDFIELDERS

STRIKERS
Thierry Henry ---- Rossi
Ra??l ---- Benzema
Nuno Gomes ---- Ibrahimovic

I'll give you the keepers, and a few others. But these. No.

Does he have his own personal hair dresser or will he give to community like Benny does?

Hmm... Pass. It isn't the sort of stuff you get down at the local gents barbers

Djibril-Cisse.jpg

I always wonder what could have been with Cisse if he hadn't had two horror leg breaks and an incompetant manager in Benitez trying to play him as a winger.

Hmm... Pass. It isn't the sort of stuff you get down at the local gents barbers

Djibril-Cisse.jpg

I always wonder what could have been with Cisse if he hadn't had two horror leg breaks and an incompetant manager in Benitez trying to play him as a winger.

is that in your opinion... a wookie mistake?

hithankyo!

@ WookieD

DEFENDERS
Italy Paolo Maldini ---- Lahm :ross:

MIDFIELDERS

STRIKERS
Thierry Henry ---- Rossi
Ra??l ---- Benzema
Nuno Gomes ---- Ibrahimovic

I'll give you the keepers, and a few others. But these. No.

They aren't man to man btw, just a list of players. Obviously I don't think Lahm and Maldini go head to head. But then, there are a lot of people (dingdongheads imo) who will tell you that Maldini wasn't world class because his Italian side never took a WC...

There are a lot on that original list who I don't think were particularly great, Kluivert was a complete waste as he had a bad attitude, for example. Point is, there are plety to go head to head and most of them are at the beginning of their careers too.

They aren't man to man btw, just a list of players. Obviously I don't think Lahm and Maldini go head to head. But then, there are a lot of people (dingdongheads imo) who will tell you that Maldini wasn't world class because his Italian side never took a WC...

There are a lot on that original list who I don't think were particularly great, Kluivert was a complete waste as he had a bad attitude, for example. Point is, there are plety to go head to head and most of them are at the beginning of their careers too.

I think that's an important point. We're getting a new generation of footballers now, but they haven't all established themselves as household names yet. Looking at the left hand side of that list, even the most casual fan who only watches European finals and the last stages of the WC (without really paying attention to who plays I should add) would know who they are.

Genoa have beaten off reported interest from Tottenham and Shakhtar Donetsk to sign Brazilian defender Roger Carvalho, subject to a medical.

Do our name just come up by default when they're doing transfer rumours?

Back