• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January transfer rumour thread

Obviously not conclusive but interesting none the less.

The UEFA team of the tournament from Euro 2000

GK
France Fabien Barthez
Italy Francesco Toldo

DEFENDERS
France Laurent Blanc
France Lilian Thuram
France Marcel Desailly
Italy Fabio Cannavaro
Italy Paolo Maldini
Italy Alessandro Nesta
Netherlands Frank de Boer

MIDFIELDERS
Italy Demetrio Albertini
France Patrick Vieira
Spain Josep Guardiola
Portugal Rui Costa
Netherlands Edgar Davids
Portugal Lu?¡s Figo
France Zinedine Zidane

STRIKERS
France Thierry Henry
Federal Republic of Yugoslavia Savo Milošević
Spain Ra??l
Netherlands Patrick Kluivert
Portugal Nuno Gomes
Italy Francesco Totti

In my honest opinion, you aint coming close to that with the players who will feature in this years Euros

by who?

Hart, Walker, Cahill, Parker, Milner, Phil Jones, Rodwell, Johnson and Wellbeck just beat Spain, while Lampard, Rio and Terry are far past their best years, and Rooney will be the only one of the older guard to be a automatic starter.

It takes a while for new talent to be considered the best players. First of all they need to oust the old guard and become regulars.

by who?

Hart, Walker, Cahill, Parker, Milner, Phil Jones, Rodwell, Johnson and Wellbeck just beat Spain, while Lampard, Rio and Terry are far past their best years, and Rooney will be the only one of the older guard to be a automatic starter.

Out of Hart, Walker, Cahill, Parker, Milner, Phil Jones, Rodwell, Johnson and Wellbeck, Id say Hart and Parker should be there, and the rest are there by default. We dont have better, and none of the others should be starting as first choice internationals.

Which was my point. The standard of the players I listed was so high, they are still involved, ten years later, even while being passed it. The void hasnt been filled with talent of the same quality.

Definitely, these are players that should be at a mid table club, giving their supporters something to cheer about compared to some of the dross that's being served up, just surviving.

This relates back to stock-piling of players, If a mid-table team has an exciting player they just get sucked up into the top 4 squads. Valencia, A Young etc

Just look at Scholes walking straight back into the United midfield after being retired for 6 months.

Out of Hart, Walker, Cahill, Parker, Milner, Phil Jones, Rodwell, Johnson and Wellbeck, Id say Hart and Parker should be there, and the rest are there by default. We dont have better, and none of the others should be starting as first choice internationals.

Which was my point. The standard of the players I listed was so high, they are still involved, ten years later, even while being passed it. The void hasnt been filled with talent of the same quality.

I think this is partly Capello's short-term plans that have held us back. After the world cup shambles everyone (Capello included) said it was time for the youngsters to step up. He played them in 1 friendly and then reverted almost 90% back to the original squad! Capello is not here long term so he doesnt care!

Just look at Scholes walking straight back into the United midfield after being retired for 6 months.

Exactly. You'd think a team like Man U could sign a decent couple of midfielders wouldnt you. Goes back to the point being made I guess, which is, there's less talent available, or existing

I think this is partly Capello's short-term plans that have held us back. After the world cup shambles everyone (Capello included) said it was time for the youngsters to step up. He played them in 1 friendly and then reverted almost 90% back to the original squad! Capello is not here long term so he doesnt care!

I think he cares, but I think he'd just rather play Terry than Jones or Cahill, and A.Cole than Baines. And so would I.

Last edited:
[Update 57] Mystery re: Quiet at the Lodge

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who Mystery
Date 30th Jan
Site Spurs Community

As I said not too long ago, we are not interested in Hoilett, only possibly Samba. Our interest is still strong on the big man, but as you've probably read in the press, Blackburn will not allow the move... This could well be just a ploy for us to dig deeper in our pockets, which DL won't do! So the chances of us getting Samba aren't that great, but who knows?

In terms of other transfers, we did show an interest in Remy but that's gone stale over the period of time.

Don't be expecting some massive last minute transfer, since Harry isn't really that bothered about us signing anyone, we would only probably get a player in, if it was another gift from DL.

There could well be a few players going out, most of which will indeed be loans for our development squad/youngsters.

That's all the info I really have, I've tried to stay away from it all this window, but met my old contact at Golf yesterday!

Peace

SO basically you are telling us stuff that is already out there in the press, not really ITK now is it

Obviously not conclusive but interesting none the less.

The UEFA team of the tournament from Euro 2000

GK
France Fabien Barthez
Italy Francesco Toldo

DEFENDERS
France Laurent Blanc
France Lilian Thuram
France Marcel Desailly
Italy Fabio Cannavaro
Italy Paolo Maldini
Italy Alessandro Nesta
Netherlands Frank de Boer

MIDFIELDERS
Italy Demetrio Albertini
France Patrick Vieira
Spain Josep Guardiola
Portugal Rui Costa
Netherlands Edgar Davids
Portugal Lu?¡s Figo
France Zinedine Zidane

STRIKERS
France Thierry Henry
Federal Republic of Yugoslavia Savo Milo?íević
Spain Ra??l
Netherlands Patrick Kluivert
Portugal Nuno Gomes
Italy Francesco Totti

In my honest opinion, you aint coming close to that with the players who will feature in this years Euros

Reminds me of ISS 2000 on the playstation or playstation 2. every single one of those players were mustard. I magine if that was your squad in the premier league or any other league. fcuk me

Gonna try and summarise some of my points. It isn't necessarily a lack of talent out there, we just don't get to see it.

The biggest clubs stock pile players, their second choice players are better than the best players in most of the other teams in the league. Being backup players means we don't get to see the best of them.

The top teams might be slightly better, but the bottom half teams are poorer. This is compensated for by using defensive tactics. Being organised and grinding out enough results to avoid relegation is the main priority. Really hard for any creative/exciting players to stand out, but as soon as they do they're snapped up.

Most players (or should that be their agents?) would rather chase a pay check than trophies. Making ?ú40K a week avoiding relegation in the PL is more appealing than ?ú20K a week, fighting for the title in a smaller league. When looking at these smaller leagues for new talent, the overall quality has definitely gone down.

All this quick fix thinking also hampers the progression of youth players already at a club. Talent isn't properly developed.

by who?

I think the point about the other lot is that there was massive over hype surrounding the England team. THe hyperbole about "World Class" is rubbish, they ultimately could never play as a team in an England strip, despite a decade for most of them to do it without competition for places.

Walker looks like he could be the real deal. I hate to say it, but Wheelchair could be a brilliant player for us. Lennon has years ahead of him. Most Spurs fans seem to think Huddlestone is the best passer of a footballer on the planet... Surely that makes him an England player? And Rooney? He's 26, we still have 5 years for strikers to emerge in his position. Maybe Wellbeck or Wickham will be banging them in for Barcelona by then (hehe... obviously not, but...)

---------------------Hart-------------------
Walker----Richards----Smalling----Rose
---------- Hudd----------Jones------------
Lennon----------Wheelchair--------Johnson
-------------------Rooney------------------

You look at that team sheet and it doesn't exactly excite. But then look at the 2000 Euro squad. Gerrard was about the only one of our current "stars" that made the cut. 19 year old Gareth Barry made the squad ahead of a 22 year old Lampard. Rio and Ashley Cole, both 20 years old, were omitted, with Cole yet to earn his first senior cap.

The point is, we really cannot bank on what the future of English football looks like. The same as we didn't back then. People are talking about players like Rooney as if he's part of some past generation... He's not even hit the prime years of his career!

We now have Barry and Parker becoming England regulars after a decade of not being good enough. There is a gap there down to the new players arriving now, like Cleverley, Wheelchair, Jones et al.

Some guesses:

Floral Dance - Cornish folk song - Eden project in Cornwall - Eden Hazard

Or it could tie in with earlier cryptic Rhododendron - Jordan Rhodes, Huddersfield (Yorkshire)

Or, Llorente. Spanish: from the personal name Llorente, vernacular form of Latin Florentius = Flowering/Blossoming/Floral

I would never dignify that brick by attempting to decrypt it.

We now have Barry and Parker becoming England regulars after a decade of not being good enough. There is a gap there down to the new players arriving now, like Cleverley, Wheelchair, Jones et al.

Not sure if this is true, England managers seem to all have a desire to stick square pegs in round holes. They pick the eleven 'best' players they have available, however the eleven best do not always make the best team.

The issue with that would be the media, if any manager did attempt to play a competitive game without two or three of the top english players they would get slaughtered in the papers and on tv if they drew or lost.

I would never dignify that brick by attempting to decrypt it.

I just copied and pasted, but the consensus is Llorente. There's been a few flowery hints.

I don't want to bad mouth anyone here, but it feels more than coincidental that SC are doing a big donation drive and keep posting all this ITK drivel to keep people coming back to check for more. Wonder what it takes to become a certified ITK and how long you get to keep your badge?

Back