• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

If Ndicka on a free gets done for one of the two then theoretically that could allow us to really splurge on the remaining CB.

What's Pickford going to cost in the summer do we think? Something tells me that's who we'll go for in goal

If we're targetting top tier or close to top tier CBs then it makes sense to hold out until they are available, considering that with all the positions that needed strengthening in the squad that a lesser thought of CB at the expense of another position probable wouldn't have meant much improvement in the grand scheme of things.

That is dependent on us signing that level of CB in the summer mind, if we end up with 2 average buys then wondering why we didn't just do that sooner would be a valid opinion i guess.

Less players needed next season than in this and the last so hopefully the momey available stretches to the level of player that can really kick us on.

Also would make sense of the lenglet loan with no option. He's a stop gap.

If Ndicka on a free gets done for one of the two then theoretically that could allow us to really splurge on the remaining CB.

What's Pickford going to cost in the summer do we think? Something tells me that's who we'll go for in goal
Me too, English as well for the HG quota.
Probably £20m?

He was at Sunderland before right?

Probably knows the value of a relegation release clause.

Also would make sense of the lenglet loan with no option. He's a stop gap.

Yeah that deal to me always seemed to be obviously a place holder for Bastoni/Gvardiol who we were supposedly trying to sign last summer - whether or not either of those two are realistic come next summer remains to be seen, but i can't imagine that we will be looking to buy Lenglet regardless.

Ok just going to do a little experiment. Now ally gold at the beginning of the window said the priorities were an attacker and rwb for this window. Gk and 2 cbs for the summer. Makes me suspect that we have at least 1 cb on a precontract agreement that will join next summer. Ndicka seems the likely suspect or bastoni. I might be wrong. But we'll see.

Now trix has said this today

But again, you say who is available right now? I'll counter that by saying Conte has gone through multiple windows now asking for a CB. So it's not who is available now, it's who could we have got in having 8 months of knowing this. So we couldn't get one in the Summer, fine. So use the next 6 months to make sure you get one. Why have we waited till deadline day again to find out we can't get one again?

The fact is, this is a recurring theme and has been for years.

Now i'll do my own prediction. We'll get a cb on a free in the summer. It will come out that we agreed much earlier. Trix will say he knew all about it but couldn't say anything to protect his sources.

This happens every window. The SC flimflam merchants spend weeks telling everyone of all the great players we're in for. Last few days of the window we're always told the club has several irons in the fire and also to expect a surprise or two. Eventually very little of it ends up happening and the ITKs start on their usual Levy out/anti ENIC rants about lack of ambition because we didn't sign all the players they wanted.

This happens every window. The SC flimflam merchants spend weeks telling everyone of all the great players we're in for. Last few days of the window we're always told the club has several irons in the fire and also to expect a surprise or two. Eventually very little of it ends up happening and the ITKs start on their usual Levy out/anti ENIC rants about lack of ambition because we didn't sign all the players they wanted.

Almost word for word what i said last summer (or the summer before). But sc still make money. We have got some idiots as fans.

Yeah that deal to me always seemed to be obviously a place holder for Bastoni/Gvardiol who we were supposedly trying to sign last summer - whether or not either of those two are realistic come next summer remains to be seen, but i can't imagine that we will be looking to buy Lenglet regardless.
I don’t see us shelling out the money for either but especially not Gvardiol

Wouldn't mind either. Allegedly we're linked with napolis keeper aswell. We'll see who in the summer.
Meret? GHod I hope not! He's average in every single way, apart from saving long shots. He's useless at those! Butter fingers!

If we're targetting top tier or close to top tier CBs then it makes sense to hold out until they are available. Considering that with all the positions that needed strengthening in the squad a lesser thought of CB at the expense of another position probably wouldn't have meant much improvement in the grand scheme of things.

That is dependent on us signing that level of CB in the summer mind, if we end up with 2 average buys then wondering why we didn't just do that sooner would be a valid opinion i guess.

Less players needed next season than in this and the last so hopefully the money available stretches to the level of player that can really kick us on.

This!

And though we needed another CB or two, needed a new goalkeeper, we also needed the players we did get imo.

Difficult to do much more unless playing with monopoly money.

This!

And though we needed another CB or two, needed a new goalkeeper, we also needed the players we did get imo.

Difficult to do much more unless playing with monopoly money.

My thoughts were we would not get a CB in this window as they will be bigger/better choices in the summer. As for a keeper i really hope that we can find a good one because as good as Lloris has been for us over the years he is fading ( fast).

Pickford is a CBs nightmare. A jittery, panicky, gobbrick is the worst thing in the world for confidence and a cohesive defence unit. Calm organisers, even if they are technically inferior, make such a positive difference.

Pickford is a CBs nightmare. A jittery, panicky, gobbrick is the worst thing in the world for confidence and a cohesive defence unit. Calm organisers, even if they are technically inferior, make such a positive difference.

I think that's a pretty outdated view of Pickford who i think has grown as a player over the years - wouldn't be against signing him at all but do believe there are better options out there

Back