• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Official - Lamela

I think AVB is one of a very lonely crowd who doesn't appear to agree with that point...yet.

Met an Italian yesterday (AC Milan fan) who reckons we've got ourselves one hell of a player, who in time will show his class.

:lol:

so why did you get involved in the hypothetical scenario i put out to jordinho? did you actually read the development of what we were saying before you hurriedly disagreed with something i never said?

jordinho and i were talking in hypotheticals , you were talking of reality, of course in reality he shouldnt go on loan if he is going to get games here. is anyone arguing against that? Nope

So when you wrote "look from his perspective, how does he know or you for that matter that he will get ENOUGH game time?" that was just part of the hypothetical and had nothing to do with Lamela's actual situation?

Alright...

So when you wrote "look from his perspective, how does he know or you for that matter that he will get ENOUGH game time?" that was just part of the hypothetical and had nothing to do with Lamela's actual situation?

Alright...

LOL, oh for pete's sake. It was a hypothetical scenario that came FROM lamela's situation...why else would we be talking about loans if a player does or doesnt play? On this occasion i didnt just get the urge to throw that hypothetical for no reason

somebody says they cant see how going to turkey from a prem club could ever help anyone

i threw out a hypothetical after that.... and then he clarified...and so on and so forth

edit:-i'm going to start putting disclaimers / headings ...over everything

Last edited:

LOL, oh for pete's sake. It was a hypothetical scenario that came FROM lamela's situation...why else would we be talking about loans if a player does or doesnt play? On this occasion i didnt just get the urge to throw that hypothetical for no reason

somebody says they cant see how going to turkey from a prem club could ever help anyone

i threw out a hypothetical after that.... and then he clarified...and so on and so forth

I didn't see "anyone", I saw "he/him" as in the quote above. Not my intention to disagree with something you never said. Let's just leave it...

Don't know why everyone's panicking he will get in the side before Xmas, we're not allowed to sell him in January anyway are we not that we would anyway

I think it's frustration, rather than panic. We see him as someone who can make things happen and who can, given time, help lift us from the dire performances that we've been seeing lately.

Don't know why everyone's panicking he will get in the side before Xmas, we're not allowed to sell him in January anyway are we not that we would anyway

I think we could. IIRC the rule is that a player can't play for more than 2 clubs in a season, but a player can be registered to 3 clubs. Lamela didn't play any Serie A football for Roma at least (whoscored.com) so he could be sold I think. Not entirely sure though.

I agree fully that we wouldn't though.

Why would we sell a young talented player after five months at the club?
The short-sightedness of today is simply baffling, and I'm glad Levy doesn't suffer from that condition.

NOBODY knows what, or how, his development is (or isn't) going…I have said from day 1 I believe he will absolutely be a great player in the hole but not this season as we have not yet developed a way of stretching the pitch (and probably won't until we get Rose/speedy LB)…I've said for ages that it would be tough on the kid to shove him in there right now, and that we'd be better off playing Sig in the hole and having Lamela come in from a wide position. I'd like to see Townsend or Lennon on the left and Lamela on the right…IF he was more confident shooting, I'd have him on the left…but again, I'm sure he's getting a slow phase-in due to things we cannot possibly know…he will absolutely have a role to play in the second-half of the season.

The other interesting thing to ponder is how much of a Baldini vs AVB signing he is? Baldini is a DoF. I wonder if the thought (long-term) is that if AVB does move on at the end of the season/following season, the incoming will have a ready-made precocious class talent to work with?

Very interesting. I wonder if there is some sort of power play going on here. It would explain quite a lot.

He does caveat by saying he needs time and doesn't know how long, but based on the quotes below from september, AVB rates Lamela highly. (Then again AVB has been known to talk out of his ****...):

“I think the qualities he brings are his creativeness, his ability to find the last pass that leads to a goal. He's a natural talent. He's not a pure, pure winger; he's creative and likes to come inside and find different spaces. He's a player with tremendous potential that we have to work on.”

"He is a wonderful, gifted footballer.”

“For somebody so gifted, adapting shouldn't be a problem.”

"His qualities are immense, they are not in doubt..”

“…a player of his quality will threaten to be in the team very soon.” (EL game, I think)

"He has played in different positions up front from a young age. When he left River Plate, first he played behind the striker, then on the left, then as a right winger. The experience he has in three positions means he is creative in all three positions."

"It’s nothing like the Argentinian league or Serie A, so that will require some kind of adaptation, but for somebody so gifted it shouldn’t be a problem.” (re EPL)

Love the story linking him with a move to Fenerbache which I read the other day. No quotes, just pure conjecture from some kid who got given a column online. How long before the papers publish it as a "source" i wonder

NOBODY knows what, or how, his development is (or isn't) going…I have said from day 1 I believe he will absolutely be a great player in the hole but not this season as we have not yet developed a way of stretching the pitch (and probably won't until we get Rose/speedy LB)…I've said for ages that it would be tough on the kid to shove him in there right now, and that we'd be better off playing Sig in the hole and having Lamela come in from a wide position. I'd like to see Townsend or Lennon on the left and Lamela on the right…IF he was more confident shooting, I'd have him on the left…but again, I'm sure he's getting a slow phase-in due to things we cannot possibly know…he will absolutely have a role to play in the second-half of the season.

The other interesting thing to ponder is how much of a Baldini vs AVB signing he is? Baldini is a DoF. I wonder if the thought (long-term) is that if AVB does move on at the end of the season/following season, the incoming will have a ready-made precocious class talent to work with?

I really hope it isn't the case that he isn't an AVB signing. I'm no fan of the DoF system but I accept it CAN work IF the DoF is basically in charge of getting deals done and simply suggests players to the manager. It should be the MANAGER's decision whether we choose to pursue said player or not.

I think it's frustration, rather than panic. We see him as someone who can make things happen and who can, given time, help lift us from the dire performances that we've been seeing lately.

you dont think his mental side is a too fragile for all that? would you say you think he can take the weight of all that expectation?

i dont know, i have a feeling it might be too much for him...i think he needs to be a consistent solid team player first...the kind that puts stats on the board as opposed to the savior

also as far as make things happen, is that cause of the sherrif game? or because of what he did in italy?

What knowledge or information do you have that proves that he is mentally weak?? Have you met the man? I don't understand this argument at all...

What knowledge or information do you have that proves that he is mentally weak?? Have you met the man? I don't understand this argument at all...

you probably missed the part where i say " i dont know, i have a feeling it might be too much for him..."

emphasis on the "dont know" and the "i have a feeling"..

so not fact, but feeling....no knowledge or inside info to PROVE anything....just gut feeling and deduced reasoning

the only thing that points to it is that talent (as big as you say the kid has) plus a strong mind = more game time to me...and game time with responsibility to

i just feel that he has gone BACKWARDS in contribution to first team appearances and games. it didnt matter that we brought him off the bench against scum , in which he did alright as it happens, then there was the cardiff game....but he seems to be less and less being used...i get a guess from that that something behind the scenes is telling people he isnt ready....it cant be his physical strength as played modric out on the left..and he did well there.....then there is lennon etc. I think its him dealing with the physicality and the pace and possibly the pressure..i feel like if he could deal with all this then we'd see him more. tough minded people just ****ing get on with it and dont give a damn or a **** some rain or shine

Last edited:

Apologies for missing that and thank you for clarifying, the reason I was confused is that everything I've read from him in the media so far has sounded very determined and positive..

So when he gets an extended chance in the starting line up (hopefully very soon) I think he will grab it with both hands..

Apologies for missing that and thank you for clarifying, the reason I was confused is that everything I've read from him in the media so far has sounded very determined and positive..

So when he gets an extended chance in the starting line up (hopefully very soon) I think he will grab it with both hands..

you see, i knew i always liked you...if you are indeed who i think you are. if i remember correctly i think we went all gorilla warefare on another site...eh?

but yeah, i absolutely agree that he should be given more game time...not necessarily starts. but definately should be involved in every game if possible.

but for some reason they arent giving him that...at least until before the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game, in that game i definately feel he would have come on if not for chiriches breaking his nose and forcing our hand with one of our subs

its funny in that game....once we made the two subs at half time i was like "lamela will not come on, if we are chasing a game you need someone able to deal with the situation and provides extra fire power...defoe will be the sub"

if chiriches doesnt break his nose i think lamela would have come on

In fact I genuinely believe he has the potential to transform the way we play.

am glad you said potential, cause to me its those that say he definately will do it that are putting the kind of pressure on him that i dont think is fair.

i dont want him carrying the burden of being our sole and single saviour, let him walk into that role...come in as a sub , or even as a starter but play his role and dont try to force the solution

i think people underestimate good role player to be fair...these guys are the real engines of teams

Back