• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Official - Lamela

you see, i knew i always liked you...if you are indeed who i think you are. if i remember correctly i think we went all gorilla warefare on another site...eh?

but yeah, i absolutely agree that he should be given more game time...not necessarily starts. but definately should be involved in every game if possible.

but for some reason they arent giving him that...at least until before the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game, in that game i definately feel he would have come on if not for chiriches breaking his nose and forcing our hand with one of our subs

its funny in that game....once we made the two subs at half time i was like "lamela will not come on, if we are chasing a game you need someone able to deal with the situation and provides extra fire power...defoe will be the sub"

if chiriches doesnt break his nose i think lamela would have come on

I honestly have no idea what yourself of kingdawson are talking about with regards to me being someone else, I think it's a case of mistaken identity...

But I agree entirely with your sentiments on using Lamela as a sub, at least for starters.. Just wish it would start happening with regularity.

It appears that the reason Erik Lamela hasn't had more game time for Spurs this season is because he's carrying a niggling injury.

A niggling injury that only plays up when we have a league games but is fine during Thursday nights?

Bentley spent years getting little niggles the night before a game, especially when he knew he wasn't starting.

Lamela yesterday

[video=youtube;fMsr_t7yUJY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMsr_t7yUJY[/video]

Although our performance today was largely shambolic, and Lamela doesn't look much of wide player at the moment - he's not that quick and struggles to beat his man from a standing start (I really don't get the bit where he does a thousand stepovers but lets the ball run in a straight line into the defender!)

BUT when he came into the central position there were glimpses of play that suggested he could be an effective playmaker. He likes a first time pass. Plays the ball forward in the channels. Will play a give and go. Has decent vision. Possibly worth a go there in the centre of a 4-3-3 or as one of the two deeper lying midfielders in a 4-2-3-1 (bit riskier). Probably not in a 4-4-2, though.

yes, very much liked him as a #10 - starting to see why Totti said he could replace him.

What about:

-----Lamela-----
Eriksen---Sandro

?

yes, very much liked him as a #10 - starting to see why Totti said he could replace him.

What about:

-----Lamela-----
Eriksen---Sandro

?

No...how about we partner Dembele with Sandro like we did the first half of last season where they beasted on every opposition midfield in the league. How about we give something that worked so well a go rather than play an attacking cm in the cm position or continue with the Brazilian Jenas.

he should have scored at 0-1.....

i hope he does come good, at the moment he is looking lightweight like Bryan Ruiz. Some silky moments and touches, but no real end product

does that mean Lamela isn't versatile?

I think he plays in all 3 positions behind the striker. But when you're new to a team/league/country and first being blooded, you want to play in your natural position. Townsend was afforded that luxury. Just a pity Lamela, Townsend and Lennon all prefer the right.

Back