• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Official - Lamela

If AVB is going to reward everyone else for playing well against dog **** teams in the Europa, then at the very least he can do the same with Lamela. I kind of agreed at first by easing him in gradually, but he's been here for over two months now. Even if he struggles with the language, what is the worst thing that is going to happen by playing him in the league?

£30m Tottenham star Lamela to Galatasaray?
- Argentine reports suggest unhappiness

Mathew Nash

Tottenham Hotspur only splashed out on the AS Roma forward in the summer - but he is reportedly ready to move on already.

This summer, as part of Andre Villas-Boas’ full scale overhaul of the Tottenham first-team, they had to bring in a player who could potentially replace Gareth Bale in years to come. A left footed forward with pace and trickery.

Erik Lamela was that man.

The forward arrived for an overall fee of £30 million this summer from Italian outfit AS Roma - becoming Tottenham’s third record signing in the space of a month, and bringing with him a burgeoning reputation as one of South America’s next greatest talents.

But he also arrived with a niggling fitness worry and not speaking a word of English - which are both problems it seems have made his start to English football difficult.

Up until recently he has certainly struggled - just seeming slightly off the pace of the English game and spending most his Premier League time on the bench, as AVB waits for him to be ready.

Recently he showed glimpses of his undoubted excellence in a goal-scoring man of the match display against Sheriff Tiraspol in the UEFA Europa League. But when the weekend rolled around and Spurs faced Saudi Sportswashing Machine - he was once again left on the bench.

And now, his up and down season appears to have created a rather bizarre, if not ridiculous transfer rumour in his homeland.

Lamela, who is currently on international duty with Argentina in the United States, has been linked in the Argentine newspaper Ole with a move away from Spurs in January - just a few months after becoming the clubs record signing.

The destination … Galatasaray.

Galatasaray are a great and historic club, and last January surprised us all with their excellent dealings in the transfer market.

But for them to bring in Lamela would be a coup without comparison.

The report suggests that Lamela is unhappy in England and that while a move to France, likely with Paris Saint-Germain or AS Monaco is his preferred choice - he is not remiss to the idea of playing in Turkey.

We think it is very unlikely, but in Argentina they are in no doubt - Lamela has not settled in at White Hart Lane and doesn’t think he will.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2013...amela-to-galatasaray-argentine-reports-sugge/

--------------------------------------------

So, the media in Argentina are already starting the rumours about Lamela leaving. With the WC coming, can understand if Lamela is unhappy about not getting more playing time. Hope he can become a regular for us before the January transfer window starts.

Someone has obviously started this rumour, but Galatasaray? There's no way they could afford him. He won't be leaving for a penny less than what we paid for him.

Someone has obviously started this rumour, but Galatasaray? There's no way they could afford him. He won't be leaving for a penny less than what we paid for him.

But his value will drop the longer it goes without him starting any league matches. Despite that can't see us selling him in January. But maybe we will consider sending him out on loan, so that he can get enough playing time to stay in the WC squad.

but according to some he is 21 and therefore automatically and obviously falls into the category of a long term project..... if he is a project that isnt expected to contribute this season or next then competitive game time is paramount over everything.

they have hostile crowds out there too , might help with the nerves and coping skills

Last edited:

But his value will drop the longer it goes without him starting any league matches. Despite that can't see us selling him in January. But maybe we will consider sending him out on loan, so that he can get enough playing time to stay in the WC squad.

What other teams value him at is different from what we hypothetically, potentially would be willing to sell him for.

Can't see us letting him leave on a loan deal, makes no sense to me at all.

What other teams value him at is different from what we hypothetically, potentially would be willing to sell him for.

Can't see us letting him leave on a loan deal, makes no sense to me at all.

what about what the market values him at?

wait, to you right now is the market a sellers market or a buyers one?

what about what the market values him at?

wait, to you right now is the market a sellers market or a buyers one?

Spurs 7891 replied to Jordinho who said "He won't be leaving for a penny less than what we paid for him." I pointed out that there's a difference between what the other clubs see as his value and what we might, potentially, hypothetically (but not really happening) be willing to sell him for. His market value dropping doesn't necessarily influence what we're willing to accept.

I don't see the market as a seller's or a buyer's market. Football transfers are very specific deals, particularly at the top end. It's super situational and depends so much on the individual player's wishes, the club's financial situation and perhaps most of all contract status that I don't see general trends as particularly informative.

Internationally there are several clubs with financial problems whereas most PL clubs have funds to throw around, to some extent that makes it a buyer's market for PL clubs trying to sign players from abroad. But even that is a very broad statement. From a PL club close to the top to other PL club or the very limited number of international clubs that can afford a £30m-ish deal the specifics of the situation outweighs any overarching trends imo.

To return to your first question, essentially what the market values him at is the same as what the club that's willing to offer the most is willing to offer. It's like selling a rare piece of art, it's not comparable to the housing market or the price of bacon. If PSG decided that Lamela is their next big target and were willing to offer £40m then that would be his "market value". If none of the big boys wants him and we decide to sell we might have to accept a considerable loss instead. Talk of a "market" as if there is an objective valuation or a price that gets decided by supply and demand seems strange to me.

but according to some he is 21 and therefore automatically and obviously falls into the category of a long term project..... if he is a project that isnt expected to contribute this season or next then competitive game time is paramount over everything.

they have hostile crowds out there too , might help with the nerves and coping skills

Hypothetically, it depends on how the coaching staff rate him, how close he is to making the first team. In any case I think it's beneficial to him to stay in England if we want him to settle and get used to the culture, rather than send him to Turkey.

He's not a car, his value to us will remain high while his contract still has a few years left and we still think he has a big role to play. If we thought he wasn't going to make it, which we don't as it's only been three months, and were actively trying to get rid before he walks away for nothing, then his value would begin to drop. Even Defoe isn't dropping in value despite playing poorly in the league and having less than two years left on his contract.

Hypothetically, it depends on how the coaching staff rate him, how close he is to making the first team. In any case I think it's beneficial to him to stay in England if we want him to settle and get used to the culture, rather than send him to Turkey.

so you would rather him stay in england without games than go abroad and get first team experience and possibly CL experience?

so you would rather him stay in england without games than go abroad and get first team experience and possibly CL experience?

I want him to stay in England as he will start getting more games than he has so far and it will help him settle far more quickly.

Jesus it's only November, give him a chance

with Eriksens injury I expect he will get more opportunities

Spurs 7891 replied to Jordinho who said "He won't be leaving for a penny less than what we paid for him." I pointed out that there's a difference between what the other clubs see as his value and what we might, potentially, hypothetically (but not really happening) be willing to sell him for. His market value dropping doesn't necessarily influence what we're willing to accept.

I don't see the market as a seller's or a buyer's market. Football transfers are very specific deals, particularly at the top end. It's super situational and depends so much on the individual player's wishes, the club's financial situation and perhaps most of all contract status that I don't see general trends as particularly informative.

Internationally there are several clubs with financial problems whereas most PL clubs have funds to throw around, to some extent that makes it a buyer's market for PL clubs trying to sign players from abroad. But even that is a very broad statement. From a PL club close to the top to other PL club or the very limited number of international clubs that can afford a £30m-ish deal the specifics of the situation outweighs any overarching trends imo.

To return to your first question, essentially what the market values him at is the same as what the club that's willing to offer the most is willing to offer. It's like selling a rare piece of art, it's not comparable to the housing market or the price of bacon. If PSG decided that Lamela is their next big target and were willing to offer £40m then that would be his "market value". If none of the big boys wants him and we decide to sell we might have to accept a considerable loss instead. Talk of a "market" as if there is an objective valuation or a price that gets decided by supply and demand seems strange to me.

might seem strange to you but its pretty much economics, supply and demand. i can agree that a players value is what the bidder is willing to pay but then that makes it a buyers market, they set the price by how far they are willing to go...are we wiling to supply and how great is their demand etc

the market has its own price range though, essentially ALL markets in the world do. i dont know why thats strange to you

but anyway...we bought him at the height of speculation on his abilities for 30 million, as a premier league club with capital (and therefore overcharged)...he is not worth that now if someone was to try and purchase him....his value would have depreciated by now

some outlier of a bidder cant only distort the market value, like say PSG or Madrid or City, and there by perhaps start a trend of taking the market overall in a different direction

am scratching my head a bit as to why that seems strange?

by the way i think we now live in sellers market at the top end of transfers. they seem to control more and more of how the deals go through

Last edited:

what?:eek: the club spends 30 mill on a player without being sure if they already rate him ???

mind blown

I want him to stay in England as he will start getting more games than he has so far and it will help him settle far more quickly.

yeah thats shifting the scenario slightly...so if he wasnt getting games then you would be okay with him going to galatasaray?

look from his perspective, how does he know or you for that matter that he will get ENOUGH game time?

just play him alongside Soldado and lets start scoring some goals...i mean christ our attacking play cant be any worse than now by doing this

have we turned into Emirates Marketing Project??? we buy players for massive sums and then start sending them out on loan.....wtf??

Back