• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Official - Lamela

Why can't Lamela buy curtains himself? If he has given a reasonable period to a landlord, assuming that his apartment is rented, then he can claim a reasonable cost off the landlord.

just imagine how good Lamela will be once he gets his curtains!!!!!

On the bench. He's not performed as he did in his first couple of games, lamela deserves a chance.

Plus that way you'd keep Townsend, who is good committing players and siggy who pops up with some goals.

But you're then still left with the question of who feeds Lamela the right passes? Townsend rarely does that. Siggy can at times, but most of the time he doesn't get involved in a ton of buildup play. Our central midfielders haven't been doing that regularly this season.

It's like Defoe for Soldado because Soldado wasn't scoring in the league and Defoe was scoring in cup games to me. Eriksen has shown what he can do when given a bit of space and the right pass. Lamela can do the same, but why replace one player who is capable of doing that if given service with another when nothing is done to actually give them the right pass?

for home games at least

.............................Soldado....Lamela
...Eriksen/Sigurdsson........Paulinho.........Sigurdsson/Townsend/Lennon
.......................Sandro/Capoue/Dembele

I think that has potential, although I'm not a big fan of Sig on the right. I would love to see Eriksen, Sigurdsson and Lamela in the attacking 3 and have no issues with one of them pushing up close to Soldado, but I think Lamela on the right, Sig on the left and Eriksen in the hole makes more sense.

i dont think lamela should start either

think he should be introduced.

its pretty clear now that he is fragile both mentally and not really adapted to the prem league physically as of yet

the pressure on his shoulder from most of the fans yelling at avb to put him on must be huge

AVB gets points for me for taking the pressure off him by starting him on the bench. otherwise the weight of expectation from the fans is probably enough to crush him if he doesnt deliver in an actual premier league gAME...where teams try not to take **** from anyone

But you're then still left with the question of who feeds Lamela the right passes? Townsend rarely does that. Siggy can at times, but most of the time he doesn't get involved in a ton of buildup play. Our central midfielders haven't been doing that regularly this season.

It's like Defoe for Soldado because Soldado wasn't scoring in the league and Defoe was scoring in cup games to me. Eriksen has shown what he can do when given a bit of space and the right pass. Lamela can do the same, but why replace one player who is capable of doing that if given service with another when nothing is done to actually give them the right pass?

I think that has potential, although I'm not a big fan of Sig on the right. I would love to see Eriksen, Sigurdsson and Lamela in the attacking 3 and have no issues with one of them pushing up close to Soldado, but I think Lamela on the right, Sig on the left and Eriksen in the hole makes more sense.

i could have sworn we had this discussion a few months back and you made it seem like there were more than a few that could do it. which i obviously disagreed with...it could have been someone else but my spidey sense is tingling

its pretty clear now that he is fragile both mentally and not really adapted to the prem league physically as of yet

the pressure on his shoulder from most of the fans yelling at avb to put him on must be huge

AVB gets points for me for taking the pressure off him by starting him on the bench. otherwise the weight of expectation from the fans is probably enough to crush him if he doesnt deliver in an actual premier league gAME...where teams try not to take **** from anyone

i think the player himself would disagree with you.

he doesnt sound like a player with a fragile mind, and on the pitch he is not scared to have a go, and even when he is kicked he is not one to roll around. He just gets up and gets on with it

Tottenham winger Erik Lamela insists his £30 million price tag has not hindered his settling in at White Hart Lane.
The Argentina international moved to London from Roma during the close-season but has failed to live up to expectations in early performances.
However, an impressive display in Thursday's 2-1 UEFA Europa League win over Sheriff, which included a 60th-minute goal to put Spurs ahead, indicates the 21-year-old is beginning to turn a corner.
"The size of the transfer fee is a good thing for me," he said. "It means that Tottenham were prepared to go the extra mile to get me, so I want to show them what I can do, for the benefit of the team.
"The transfer fee is no pressure for me, because when I went to Roma in 2011, they paid quite a lot to bring me from River Plate."
Lamela is keen to shake off his label as a replacement for Gareth Bale, who joined Real Madrid for a world record £85 million.
"Everyone can bring his own qualities and give his best for the team but it is wrong to say I was brought here to replace Bale," Lamela added.
"People have said many things about me and about the other players who joined last summer.
"When I said recently that I would be capable of making the difference here, I said it because I believe in myself.
"I came here to give the team what they need. I will bring what I can and hope to do well."
Tottenham host Saudi Sportswashing Machine in the Premier League on Sunday.

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/lamela-feels-no-transfer-fee-pressure#L1YJrTF7aABje0A7.99

This post is 100% certified garbage.

he doesnt sound like a player with a fragile mind, and on the pitch he is not scared to have a go, and even when he is kicked he is not one to roll around. He just gets up and gets on with it

Tottenham winger Erik Lamela insists his £30 million price tag has not hindered his settling in at White Hart Lane.
The Argentina international moved to London from Roma during the close-season but has failed to live up to expectations in early performances.
However, an impressive display in Thursday's 2-1 UEFA Europa League win over Sheriff, which included a 60th-minute goal to put Spurs ahead, indicates the 21-year-old is beginning to turn a corner.
"The size of the transfer fee is a good thing for me," he said. "It means that Tottenham were prepared to go the extra mile to get me, so I want to show them what I can do, for the benefit of the team.
"The transfer fee is no pressure for me, because when I went to Roma in 2011, they paid quite a lot to bring me from River Plate."
Lamela is keen to shake off his label as a replacement for Gareth Bale, who joined Real Madrid for a world record £85 million.
"Everyone can bring his own qualities and give his best for the team but it is wrong to say I was brought here to replace Bale," Lamela added.
"People have said many things about me and about the other players who joined last summer.
"When I said recently that I would be capable of making the difference here, I said it because I believe in myself.
"I came here to give the team what they need. I will bring what I can and hope to do well."
Tottenham host Saudi Sportswashing Machine in the Premier League on Sunday.

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/lamela-feels-no-transfer-fee-pressure#L1YJrTF7aABje0A7.99

that means that previously when he played crap or average then that was all him and just in game circumstances and nothing to do with adaptation to surroundings or his confidence.

and i'm not 12 btw, i dont believe sound bites from the media. i leave that to people that the papers and marketing departments aim / focus their energy on.

example terry, prior to the lip read, said he didnt call anton anything. harry redknapp says he cant read. it made the papers...it must be true.

not saying this is a lie , just that a clipping wont sway visual evidence.

an example of a mentally strong mind is sandro and another one is oscar.......both have actually gotten better but from the moment they started they were involved , constantly on the go and never seemed to shirk under the competition. rooney is another

you can tell a mentally tough mind when you see one. i havent seen that yet in lamela...in fact i saw the opposite

which is why i think he should be introduced...not thrown into games that matter from the start. let him ride his confidence in a scenario that he can help without feeling the weight of it all. can you imagine the amount of pressure if this POSSIBLY long term PROJECT has to go out there from the start and every touch of his the whole fans are watching waiting for him to be the messiah off the back of what he did to some back water team from moldova? people like you could set him back

his confidence is clearly higher than it was previously.....treat it like a condition and nurse it to full health

Last edited:

that means that previously when he played crap or average then that was all him and just in game circumstances and nothing to do with adaptation to surroundings or his confidence.

and i'm not 12 btw, i dont believe sound bites from the media. i leave that to people that the papers and marketing departments aim / focus their energy on.

example terry, prior to the lip read, said he didnt call anton anything. harry redknapp says he cant read. it made the papers...it must be true

what has adapting to a new country and league got to do with being fragile mentally??? They dont have to go together you know.....even the strongest of mentalities need time to adjust. Its perfectly normal

This post is 100% certified garbage.

:lol:

edit:- yes i know why that hit home for you now. you're the guy that called him the best young player in the world? or best young prospect in the world? cant remember

Last edited:

example terry, prior to the lip read, said he didnt call anton anything. harry redknapp says he cant read. it made the papers...it must be true.

not saying this is a lie , just that a clipping wont sway visual evidence.

an example of a mentally strong mind is sandro and another one is oscar.......both have actually gotten better but from the moment they started they were involved , constantly on the go and never seemed to shirk under the competition. rooney is another

you can tell a mentally tough mind when you see one. i havent seen that yet in lamela...in fact i saw the opposite

which is why i think he should be introduced...not thrown into games that matter from the start. let him ride his confidence in a scenario that he can help without feeling the weight of it all. can you imagine the amount of pressure if this POSSIBLY long term PROJECT has to go out there from the start and every touch of his the whole fans are watching waiting for him to be the messiah off the back of what he did to some back water team from moldova? people like you could set him back

his confidence is clearly higher than it was previously.....treat it like a condition and nurse it to full health

and im not asking you to believe what is in the media. I just provided you with some quotes from the player. Feel free to ignore

what has adapting to a new country and league got to do with being fragile mentally??? They dont have to go together you know.....even the strongest of mentalities need time to adjust. Its perfectly normal

no not the new country...the league and physicality of it and the pace...some people take that on in their stride and it doesnt phase their performance or what they attempt to do even if it doesnt work out. others shirk and just curb inward and play cautious and are careful with most things they do

you're telling me that you didnt think that lamela had a confidence issue until his recent game against moldova?

i mean, Eriksen, Lamela, Soldado, Paulinho, Chadli all must be fragile mentally for not coming in and performing immediately :-k

no not the new country...the league and physicality of it and the pace...some people take that on in their stride and it doesnt phase their performance or what they attempt to do even if it doesnt work out. others shirk and just curb inward and play cautious and are careful with most things they do

you're telling me that you didnt think that lamela had a confidence issue until his recent game against moldova?

i think he had more space, he had more of the ball, and he seemed to understand his teammates movements a bit more.

the move should be, get him loads of games in the league to the point where eventually he is our starter.

milo has the right idea that for the way AVB wants to play...lamela would most likely oust townsend in the near future but i dont think its simply a form thing thats keeping townsend in..i think its a timing and preparation thing. basically lamela is not yet ready to start and have all you guys putting the onus of our entire attacking prowess on him.

i mean, Eriksen, Lamela, Soldado, Paulinho, Chadli all must be fragile mentally for not coming in and performing immediately :-k

but they actually did

chadli, paulinho and even soldado and erkisen all try to do what they do. they will get better but even when it didnt work out they all still play their own actual game

i'm suprised that you have paulinho in there as he has pretty much been one of the players of the season? chadli has actually been playing well and solid..isnt he injured?

we all know why soldado isnt being this scoring machine...something that ****es me off with both coaching and scouting staff...someone needs to answer for whats happening with him

Back