• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Official - Lamela

Agreed, and as we all know...One swallow does not a summer make.;)

I agree that we shouldn't over hype the fact Lamela played well last night due to the opposition, but the main thing for him to take away from the game was that the crowd were fully behind him. He can start to feel at home, and his confidence should flourish from there.

Twitter / SpursOfficial: First Spurs goal & Man of the Match last night for Erik Lamela. We're hoping to speak with Erik today - submit your questions #Lamela11

Twitter / WhoScored: GRAPHIC: Europa League Team of the Week - Gameweek 4
BYi0QCGCEAArkV8.png

I don't think most are getting over excited over last nights performance. Lamela has had quite a few cameos and its not difficult to tell when someone has got it. New league, young player - its not rocket science to work out he'd need a season before hitting the heights expected of him. Just have to support him in his debut season when invetiably he will be inconsistent and enjoy the flashes of brilliance that he will undoubtedly show.....

like dembele only he does so with agility and not brute strength.
has also a fantastic burst of acceleration... he'd be unstoppable if given more space to run into.

not a worry, but to me it seems its going to be either lamela or townsend, not both

Makes no sense to me when they can play on opposite wings

Wouldn't be surprised if Townsend was developed into playing centrally too, just like Bale...

If he continues the good play from yesterday :)

To the tune of Que Sera Sera:

Erik Laaaamelaaaaa
Will soon be a shining star
We love you with all our hearts
Erik LAAAAMELAAAA!

:-D

Good thing is English is non existence as i can't see an Argentinian posing for this if he knew what it was all about

BYkVZPnCEAAOJZT.jpg

And when Lamela can play in the hole and when they're completely different player types.

I think Lamela can play in the hole, but that right now it would be a bad idea. Until we get more width in our play to allow the middle to NOT get so bottled up/counter-jammed with oppo midfielders, then he should be deployed from a wide position.

I think Lamela can play in the hole, but that right now it would be a bad idea. Until we get more width in our play to allow the middle to NOT get so bottled up/counter-jammed with oppo midfielders, then he should be deployed from a wide position.

Agreed. It would put far too much pressure on him at this moment in time in his Spurs development.

Agreed. It would put far too much pressure on him at this moment in time in his Spurs development.

Absolutely. He is, for me, someone who we will see take the Prem NEXT season if we can develop him properly this season, as we appear to be doing. I would start him Sunday BTW…he has 'it' for sure…I just think it will be a season before we really really see that...

What do you mean by get width?

We have players that can play wide, sadly we do not deploy them as such because it would mean we would have to attack more and that is far too risky in this league!

Absolutely. He is, for me, someone who we will see take the Prem NEXT season if we can develop him properly this season, as we appear to be doing. I would start him Sunday BTW…he has 'it' for sure…I just think it will be a season before we really really see that...

Where would you start him? On the right instead of Townsend or on the left instead of the Sig?

Personally, I would have him coming on in place of Townsend at half time to play against slightly tiring defenders. I think this would give him the next stage in his development.

Where would you start him? On the right instead of Townsend or on the left instead of the Sig?

Personally, I would have him coming on in place of Townsend at half time to play against slightly tiring defenders. I think this would give him the next stage in his development.

Personally, I'd have Andros on the left, Siggy in the hole and Lamela on the right. I'd start him for sure. I think Newcash are the perfect side to start him against as they're not a 10 men behind the ball outfit. I still believe that Siggy and Soldado have the best connection in that specific area…the one issue is that Eriksen has been a part of that equation, but honestly? I just could not justify starting him Sunday ahead of those four…Azza to come in right or left as needed. I think Paulinho would be absolutely crucial to the line-up, but again, Lamela and Paulinho seem to have an understanding of sorts (well, it led to my favorite goal of the season thus far)...

Siggy, Holtby and Eriksen - the thing they have in common is that there best position is in the "hole". If we start playing Lamela or Townsend there as well you really have to start questioning our buying policy. Kind of reminds when we have about a zillion right backs

I think Man U's "Ar-gen-tin, Ar-gen-tina" chant would be epic for Erik.

Well done to Lamela for scoring his first goal for us. It was a brilliant performance from him against Sheriff. And he took the goal very calmly too. Good to know he was not affected by the penalty miss against Hull. Really liked the way he won the penalty with his tricky run and dribbling skills. It was like watching Bale at his best. Hope the goal and performance will boost his confidence in the coming matches.

Siggy, Holtby and Eriksen - the thing they have in common is that there best position is in the "hole". If we start playing Lamela or Townsend there as well you really have to start questioning our buying policy. Kind of reminds when we have about a zillion right backs

Siggy has proven to be very effective on the left.

Back