• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Official - Lamela

Joke that he has still not started a Pl game and will probably not start one on Sunday.

It is like we like playing with one hand behind our backs.

He is a lot better than Townsend. That much is obvious

It's so funny how little patience some had:

1) think back to when you were 21 (or for those of you 21 or younger just imagine yourself right now
2) you've just moved to another city on your own
3) it's in another country
4) you don't speak the language
5) your family and friends aren't there
6) you're living in a hotel room
7) you've just been bought by your new employer for the most money they've ever spent, ever!

Surely you'd go into your shell a bit? Not surprised that the last 2 appearances have seen a massive upturn in performance and coincide with his family arriving

Well said

Really hope AVB lets Lamela try and ride the wave of confidence now, and start him v Saudi Sportswashing Machine. If we can get him fully integrated into the league team, Eriksen will hopefully follow (for the 'easier' fixtures at least)...and then having these two will get Soldado up and running.

How AVB manages this situation will shape our season imo. I think he's played it right, so far.

And Villas-Boas said of the Argentinian: "We were waiting for him to have a game like this.

"Very creative, no fear to face the man and beat opponents and in the end he scored and created the situation for the penalty.

This board is seriously ****ed at times.. He needs time for crying out loud, he is one of - if not the best young prospect on the planet.. He will come good, slating him for one off performance doesn't help anything. His dazzling assist for the Paulinho winner against Cardiff showed enough for me to be so excited about what he will offer and what he will become.

This. Again.

gif of that penalty run?

ozG6ouW.gif

@AddictedtoSpurs: GIF - Erik Lamela's sensational footwork to win the penalty tonight that got Jermain Defoe his goal. WATCH

Similarities between he and Bale. Started off slow. But people can see his potential. I wonder how he will grow in his time at spurs. There were glimpses tonight that have got me very excited

I still think he's nothing like Bale (although I know you weren't talking styles). Reminds me a lot of Robben, same sort of way he moves with the ball as well as use of the left foot. If he can end up anything like Robben I think we'd all be pretty proud, what a damn good player he is.

Similarities between he and Bale. Started off slow. But people can see his potential. I wonder how he will grow in his time at spurs. There were glimpses tonight that have got me very excited

Erik reminded me of Ginola with his dazzling footwork tonight, hopefully he can replicate this level of performance in the Premiership soon and go on to become a Spurs legend too =D>

I still think he's nothing like Bale (although I know you weren't talking styles). Reminds me a lot of Robben, same sort of way he moves with the ball as well as use of the left foot. If he can end up anything like Robben I think we'd all be pretty proud, what a damn good player he is.

Yep agree completely different players. But just meant that potentially (he has absolutely miles and miles to go yet) there is something there that I could see him being as big as Bale one day. I hope so at least.

Erik reminded me of Ginola with his dazzling footwork tonight, hopefully he can replicate this level of performance in the Premiership soon and go on to become a Spurs legend too =D>

I said to my mate today that he played like Ginola would. I dont think he was 'amazing' as people make out but he was best player on the pitch and played extremely well and am happy for him as im sure thats the catalyst for him to progres this seson - AVB has got to play him from the start against Noocastle.

Yep agree completely different players. But just meant that potentially (he has absolutely miles and miles to go yet) there is something there that I could see him being as big as Bale one day. I hope so at least.

based on his performances at roma, how on earth can you say he has 'absolutely miles and miles to go'?

he's very close to being one of the best in the world, IMO.

a few minor tweaks and some consistent form after regular playing time for us and he will be a world beater.

based on his performances at roma, how on earth can you say he has 'absolutely miles and miles to go'?

a few minor tweaks and some consistent form after regular playing time for us and he will be a world beater.

That's a big statement. I think he has it all to do yet. But it's because of what he showed at Roma that I am so dam excited at just how good he potentially will be

Little things I noticed tonight was him communicating much better on the pitch shouting for ball and pointing where teammates should pass it. Also he ****ed Kaboul out of it at one stage for not completing the one two he set in motion.

jjeeeez man. lay off the kid

he does have miles to go, a good game against some back yard team from moldova doesnt change anything as far as what he has to do. what you would hope is that this has given him the confidence to do it

Back