• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Official - Lamela

He was great tonight, constantly taking the man on and looking to get into good positions. We had a spell after his goal where all the play was coming through him with Kaboul bypassing Walker with passes straight to him which actually helped the speed at which we attacked.

is lamela the missing piece of the puzzle?

i mean we all sort of have a vision of what AVB wants, the quick incisive football in the final third to feed Soldado through, but with Townsends performances, he has been pretty undroppable so it's sort of halted plans. I mean I think todays game is now the perfect oppertunity to get Lamela in the side as well as keep Townsend in the team (move to left), it allows us to have that winger on the left with the more defensive option in Vertonghen whislt Rose is out injured.

It also means we can get to FINALLY see Lamela/Soldado.

As mentioned in the sheriff OMT, Lamela brings something to the table that none of our current wide men do; intelligence. I think he must start against Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

ozG6ouW.gif

@AddictedtoSpurs: GIF - Erik Lamela's sensational footwork to win the penalty tonight that got Jermain Defoe his goal. WATCH

Never looks at the ball when he is dribbling. Impressive.

That run to win the pen was insane! Massive confidence boost for him tonight he was MOTM and a class above anything else on the pitch tonight I thought! Should have had another pen first half but I think he'll win lots of free kicks and pens because his feet are so fast

He's really good at baiting defenders into lunging for the ball. If you watch him carry the ball he waits until the last possible second before changing directions. He's surprisingly strong on the ball for his size as well.

Here's another vote for playing Townsend and Lamela together on Sunday.

He's really good at baiting defenders into lunging for the ball. If you watch him carry the ball he waits until the last possible second before changing directions. He's surprisingly strong on the ball for his size as well.

Here's another vote for playing Townsend and Lamela together on Sunday.

like dembele only he does so with agility and not brute strength.
has also a fantastic burst of acceleration... he'd be unstoppable if given more space to run into.

not a worry, but to me it seems its going to be either lamela or townsend, not both.

like dembele only he does so with agility and not brute strength.
has also a fantastic burst of acceleration... he'd be unstoppable if given more space to run into.

not a worry, but to me it seems its going to be either lamela or townsend, not both.

I have no doubt you're right. I expect to see Sig and Townsend at kickoff.

Anyone have a gif of that dribble down the right hand side he pulled off at some point after the goal. Wasn't shown as a replay on Norwegian telly at least, but it looked pretty amazing.

Not sure if he will start against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, AVB seems quite set in his EL/PL rotation of attacking players, but at the very least he should have made himself the first player to come off the bench if we struggle for a goal with that performance.

Never looks at the ball when he is dribbling. Impressive.

the bit for me that seperates him from other dribblers is the last touch before the pen. it was done outside of rythm, on the foot that he was meant to be balancing / standing on from the last move he did.

most people do a move and no matter how good at dribbling or close control they are they still need the extra step to start a new move. its like running but constantly kicking the ball left right before each step touches the floor

I thought Lamela was good last night, the only thing that concerns me is that he always looks to play the "difficult" pass, while this is a good thing especially as he plays with his head up it does give defenders more time to get a tackle in, I hope he does not get a clattering in the prem, he obviously has talent.

Very excited about this guy, I haven't seen many of the Europa or league cup games so haven't seen him much, but I take it he hasn't played like that each game?! Was a bit disappointed he hasn't really featured in the league since the Cardiff game because he effectively won 2 points for us there.

Very excited about this guy, I haven't seen many of the Europa or league cup games so haven't seen him much, but I take it he hasn't played like that each game?! Was a bit disappointed he hasn't really featured in the league since the Cardiff game because he effectively won 2 points for us there.

he has efficiient in most games , and in a few he was average or sub par...yesterday was his most enigmatic and flash ridden game, but still maintained a good level of efficiency

it also helped him the level of distribution we had especially against poor opposition....if we can move the ball that well and give him an isolated view of his marker that will help him alot

Two encourging games from him on the spin now - not sure if that means he's ready to start against Saudi Sportswashing Machine or that he's over the problems he's supposedly having but a good sign nonetheless

Last night showed exactly what Lamela can do, trickery and speed of footwork plus the ability to take on defenders both inside and out. He has taken time to settle but I agree with the earlier comment about how any 21 year old would take time to settle in a foreign country. Now it looks like he is beginning to communicate more and team mates are now showing a little more trust in passing to him.

Give him another couple of weeks and I'm sure we'll see much more of him.

And yes I would start him on Sunday against Saudi Sportswashing Machine him and Townsend together would rip their fullbacks to shreds.

I wish that instead of being fouled, Lamela had continued and scored...what a goal that would have been!!

WhoScored.com @WhoScored

Erik Lamela: No player has dribbled past more opponents in an EL match this season than @Coco_Lamela did last night against FC Sheriff (11)

Back