• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Official - Lamela

In that case the stats will tell you that Lennon has a very low accuracy percentage on his crosses. It's up to each of us how we interpret that. Is Lennon a **** crosser or is there nobody there to meet his crosses? Or maybe a bit of both?

Thats precisely it - what is the cause... I personally dont think its that his crosing is **** (he has improved ten fold in that facet of his game) I would say its due to our ineptness in getting in the box BUT even then you cant say for certain unless you scrutinise each cross and situation.

Brain - I agree - should be in context but when you got RVP and Rooney to cross to - it beats having to cross to Ade, Crouch, Defoe, Pav et al

Thats precisely it - what is the cause... I personally dont think its that his crosing is **** (he has improved ten fold in that facet of his game) I would say its due to our ineptness in getting in the box BUT even then you cant say for certain unless you scrutinise each cross and situation.

Brain - I agree - should be in context but when you got RVP and Rooney to cross to - it beats having to cross to Ade, Crouch, Defoe, Pav et al

I agree, and in addition to that United are a lot better at getting additional players into the box to get on the end of crosses and better at setting their wide players up in good situations to deliver crosses or beat a full back in a bit of space.

But that doesn't make the statistic useless, it just means that using it in isolation is useless.

Manchester United put in 40 crosses against Stoke. 4 of them were accurate, 2 of them led to goals. Their 3rd came from a corner.

I think crossing in general is overrated as a way to create chances, as are free kicks/corners. It's much more dangerous when the ball is played on the floor, as seen when Lennon runs to the line and cuts back. When the ball is played across the penalty area it only takes a touch to score, a header is either won by the defenders or put well wide most of the time.

Manchester United put in 40 crosses against Stoke. 4 of them were accurate, 2 of them led to goals. Their 3rd came from a corner.

I think crossing in general is overrated as a way to create chances, as are free kicks/corners. It's much more dangerous when the ball is played on the floor, as seen when Lennon runs to the line and cuts back. When the ball is played across the penalty area it only takes a touch to score, a header is either won by the defenders or put well wide most of the time.

I agree to some extent, but it depends on the cross. If the cross can be put in between the back 4 and goalkeeper either by the winger getting in behind or through excellent crossing ability then crosses can be very effective.

Crosses against organized teams that are in balance are often very ineffective unless you have a beast of a target man in the box and even then they won't be super effective.

Having a great night, MOTM for me.

Of course, we can't get carried away now like we did with Eriksen, and to a lesser extent, Soldado (after his first goal from open play). I do believe he'll be much improved by the start of next season though.

Having a great night, MOTM for me.

Of course, we can't get carried away now like we did with Eriksen, and to a lesser extent, Soldado (after his first goal from open play). I do believe he'll be much improved by the start of next season though.

This...100%

thats more like it kiddo

very pleased for Erik =D>

The boy come good tonight. Just needs time.

Im a huge townsend fan but he needs to learn when to shoot and to cross more, lamela can be a great he has all the skills, look forward to seeing more of him might even start him in the next league game to keep it going.

Soldado
Townsend - Eriksen - Lamela
Paulinho - Sandro
Vertonghen - Chiriches - Dawson- Walker
Lloris​

against Saudi Sportswashing Machine please.

That run to win the pen was insane! Massive confidence boost for him tonight he was MOTM and a class above anything else on the pitch tonight I thought! Should have had another pen first half but I think he'll win lots of free kicks and pens because his feet are so fast

Soldado
Townsend - Eriksen - Lamela
Paulinho - Sandro
Vertonghen - Chiriches - Dawson- Walker
Lloris​

against Saudi Sportswashing Machine please.

+1. I'd also love to see Holtby and Paulinho together behind that front four against the teams that are more defensive, when we are at WHL. I don't think we need a full-time defensive midfielder all time, considering that our front four closes down well and Holtby and Paulinho can both put a challenge in. Everybody in that 11 can pass the ball, and I feel like we'd pass teams to death with that XI. COYS.

+1. I'd also love to see Holtby and Paulinho together behind that front four against the teams that are more defensive, when we are at WHL. I don't think we need a full-time defensive midfielder all time, considering that our front four closes down well and Holtby and Paulinho can both put a challenge in. Everybody in that 11 can pass the ball, and I feel like we'd pass teams to death with that XI. COYS.

Ha we'd pass teams to death before the ball gets knocked back to Dawson who launches it into the far stand attempting one of his one-in-ten find the target Hollywood punts

We'll have to make sure Erik' brother attends all his games from now on if tonight's performance is anything to go by!

Twitter / brianlamela: WHL!!
BYfinwmCUAASsDH.jpg

I've been very critical of Lamela lately but he was brilliant tonight well done lad more of the same!

Spotted on Twitter:

Everywhere you go always take Lamela with you ....everywhere you go always take Lamela ......take Lamela with you

:-k....Yes!

It's so funny how little patience some had:

1) think back to when you were 21 (or for those of you 21 or younger just imagine yourself right now
2) you've just moved to another city on your own
3) it's in another country
4) you don't speak the language
5) your family and friends aren't there
6) you're living in a hotel room
7) you've just been bought by your new employer for the most money they've ever spent, ever!

Surely you'd go into your shell a bit? Not surprised that the last 2 appearances have seen a massive upturn in performance and coincide with his family arriving

Back