• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

I thought Lamela had a decent game yesterday especially considering he was playing in Paraguay wednesday night from 1am to 3am gmt while the rest of team were in their beds.

He looks fitter than he has ever done for us

He was ok for me, but did get a bit rash. I think he got frustrated that he wasn't getting the decisions he felt he should

I saw Lamela on the train to Cardiff for the Argentina v Ireland Rugby game. He was with his other half and Fazio who was also with his other half. Quite surreal, so I made sure I sat next to them for the whole way! This will be my only ITK ever, I am sure but he said the following which is a bit bland but I wasn't expecting miracles:

• He is feeling much more comfortable with the pace of the EPL because of his fitness. He says he feels fitter, he feels perfect;
  • He loves Poch who he says is a great coach and everyone loves him. Tactically one of the best apparently and good with the players and has helped him and Fazio a lot;
  • I asked him who his favourite players were and he said everyone!
  • He has set himself a target of 10 goals and 15 assists for the season and 3 MoMs but most importantly the team feel top 4 is achievable. The team don't think that there are any better teams than us in the league (!!) and that we can beat any of the teams and won't be outplayed if we can get over the injuries;
  • He said Nacer's injuries doesn't look too good and may be 4 weeks or more;
  • Fazio said he loves London, and is fighting every day to be in the team. He says Toby and Jan will be difficult to break but he will make sure that he takes his chance when he gets it;
  • He said our youth team were really good and there was one (Edwards) who will be a world star;
  • He said Dembele was the most skillful, Walker the quickest, Dembele the strongest, and that the whole team is really together.
  • He said WHL had the best atmosphere when we beat Emirates Marketing Project recently and Arsenal last year. He said when the crowd is so noisy it is amazing.
So pretty bland, not really a lot of information but he is happy with us and really thinks this will be his season. He also predicted the Argentinian win! Fazio was a little more quiet, his english was worse and is f-ing huge.

Fazio said ... he will make sure that he takes his chance when he gets it
Cheers GRB. It was a shame Fazio did the opposite of this against the Scum in the cup, that panicked looping shinner to Flamini is etched on my brain... you just know that Freund et al would have hit the corner flag whereas Flamini pings it on the volley into the bottom corner past Vorm.

Cheers GRB. It was a shame Fazio did the opposite of this against the Scum in the cup, that panicked looping shinner to Flamini is etched on my brain... you just know that Freund et al would have hit the corner flag whereas Flamini pings it on the volley into the bottom corner past Vorm.

Completely agree but I wasn't going to say that to him! He's huge! ;)

Erik Lamela: My future at Tottenham

ERIK LAMELA has rubbished suggestions that he wanted to quit Tottenham this summer and insists he is happy at White Hart Lane.

The Argentina star, who is Spurs' record signing, was heavily linked with a move away from north London this summer.

A number of teams across Europe were interested in acquiring his services, including Marseille and AC Milan.

According to Lamela's father, Jose, the £30m man was desperate to end his stay with Mauricio Pochettino's side.

However, the former Roma ace, 23, insists that's not the case and has claimed to be thoroughly enjoying his time with Spurs.

“Ever since I got here, people have spoken about me leaving,” Lamela told the London Evening Standard.

“They said it the first year, the second year and now in the third. But I didn’t speak because there was nothing to say.

"My mind has always been here at Tottenham. Would I have moved to Marseille, Inter, back to Roma? No — I have always wanted to stay here and I have always made that clear.

"It’s something I’ve said to my team-mates, to the club, to everyone. I feel good here, I like it. I am very happy.

"I feel I’ve adapted and my team-mates make me feel at home.”

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/471136/Tottenham-News-Lamela-happy-at-White-Hart-Lane

----------------------------------------------

Erik Lamela: I'm settled at Spurs and ready to score goals to send us into top four

EXCLUSIVE: Tottenham attacker confident he is finding the consistency to succeed at White Hart Lane

Lamela is one of only three players still at Tottenham of the seven who were signed in the summer of 2013, following Gareth Bale’s world-record departure to Real Madrid for £86m.

More than £100m was spent in that transfer window yet four of the men signed then – Roberto Soldado, Paulinho, Etienne Capoue and Vlad Chiriches – left the club last summer.

Even though Lamela has struggled for consistency, he crowned a fine display with a goal in the 4-1 win over Emirates Marketing Project and also scored in the Europa League matches against Qarabag and Monaco. Lamela’s time at Tottenham is still known best for the remarkable ‘rabona’ goal he scored against Greek club Asteras Tripolis in the Europa League a year ago. Yet it is only in the early weeks of this season that Lamela has shown consistency.

“We are looking for a place in the top four,” he continued. “Sometimes we show that we are a strong team, but now [after three draws] we need to start winning again. I’m looking to score more goals. I feel able to play anywhere the manager requires and to do the work that he asks of me.”

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...ls-to-send-us-into-the-top-four-a3094551.html

-----------------------------------------------

Both the above news reports show that Lamela is now happy and settled at Spurs. His performance has improved greatly this season as well. Just hope he will continue to improve and become a key player for us in the coming seasons.

What im really happy about is his upper body strength now, dont know if i'm the only one that thinks this but hes becoming harder to knock off of the ball, and its helping his game massively

What im really happy about is his upper body strength now, dont know if i'm the only one that thinks this but hes becoming harder to knock off of the ball, and its helping his game massively

It is absolutely like Bale in his early seasons, and once he got stronger...though Lamela is NOT Bale-esque, a different type of talent, but a great talent!

With Kane struggling to score goals, I think we should consider converting Lamela into a striker. Lamela always gets into goal scoring positions in all the matches he plays. Against Anderlecht, he had a one-on-one chance which he wasted and scored another goal which was ruled offside. I think Lamela can be a good striker if he can improves his goal scoring skills.

Last edited:
Decent call on lamella for striker, he has the ability to make good runs, even if we seldom get the ball to him.
I think everyone is being a bit harsh with his and harrys 1 on 1s. The keeper did well with both.

Having witnessed local Poles on the tinnies at 8am, I'm starting to think the late kick-off for Boruc, plus the hour gain - seems to suggest he was already on the spirits at 2pm.

Back