• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

lolz flat track bully ... hes not bullied any team, he has just improved his game this season.

Maybe if he wasn't that expensive you are right he may have been flogged .. but what about soldado? or are you assuming that because he was our record signing he was forced to stay?

Again your opinion doesn't really hooks weight as poch vetoed his move away.

point i'm making is if he had been signed for 4 million, he would have been out after a season, because of the investment, we persevered with him which i'm pleased we did actually, too much of this game nowadays is knee jerk reaction and the importance of short term success, saying all this, he's still not the finished article and has come up wanting against the better clubs in this league.
And yeh, I'm delighted we won after playing in the europa but there's always room for improvement and crazy as it sounds looking at the scoreline, we may not have won today if boruc hadn't of had such a 'mare and this is just bournemouth
He cost a lot more than £4M because his potential ceiling is ridiculously high. If we'd bought him for £4M it would be because he didn't have anywhere near that potential. So wouldn't be worth the investment.

It's just common sense to put in a lot of effort for something that can be incredible and far less for something that is limited.

point i'm making is if he had been signed for 4 million, he would have been out after a season, because of the investment, we persevered with him which i'm pleased we did actually, too much of this game nowadays is knee jerk reaction and the importance of short term success, saying all this, he's still not the finished article and has come up wanting against the better clubs in this league.
And yeh, I'm delighted we won after playing in the europa but there's always room for improvement and crazy as it sounds looking at the scoreline, we may not have won today if boruc hadn't of had such a 'mare and this is just bournemouth

How do you explain the fact that we're still persisting with Townsend?

Should not that be an "avoiding a crash" course? He tackles like a dodgem car.

Frankly, don't like it myself whenever Lamela goes into rash tackles. But, you can't blame him. It is not really bad when attacking players like Lamela does not know how to tackle properly. It is real bad and unacceptable when defenders like Walker, Trippier, Davies and Rose can't tackle and always gives away free kicks in dangerous situations !

In my opinion he has the potential to be one of the best in the world, that's not to say he'll definitely reach that standard and he does need to develop a bit more physically over the next year or two but the talent is certainly there.
From what I have seen of Edwards recently it looks as though he has started to develop a little physically. A couple of years ago he looked frighteningly small compared to some of his peers, but it doesn't look as pronounced now. The good thing is that he has a really good touch and also a lovely balance about him which means he doesn't need to have as much strength to be successful.

Frankly, don't like it myself whenever Lamela goes into rash tackles. But, you can't blame him. It is not really bad when attacking players like Lamela does not know how to tackle properly. It is real bad and unacceptable when defenders like Walker, Trippier, Davies and Rose can't tackle and always gives away free kicks in dangerous situations !

Trouble is tackling is now almost outlawed and comes with an mandatory yellow card. So players dont practice tackling.

lamela is so lucky to have been given as much time as he has, if he hadn't of been a record signing, he would have been kicked out a long time ago. He 's also a Flat track bully and excels against crap teams but I'm not going to second guess Poch here, they're both armies and his influence is definitely helping.

There's an irony here. In other conversations they'll be more than a few that moan and groan that we struggle to beat the 'lesser' teams...you know, the ones who park the bus etc.
Now who would be a useful player to perhaps get the job done against these minnows of the prem? A flat track bully no less. So useful , we could do with a couple more.

Have disagree here mr b, andros has been rank, rose has been rank, mason as well amongst others at times and none of them have been ditched. Maybe the club realise they are young and will take time to get where we need them to be. Look at who we shipped out, players who had reached their level and had no progress. That is an indication of the type of team we are trying to build and why we persevere with these players.
Oh and flat th rack bully, try telling that to Emirates Marketing Project.

My thoughts as well.

Trouble is tackling is now almost outlawed and comes with an mandatory yellow card. So players dont practice tackling.
Lamela should sometimes just jockey a player away from our danger zone... once they are turned away from goal and in a wide position, just let them have the ball, no need to dive in and give them chance to collapse like a child's toy.

There's an irony here. In other conversations they'll be more than a few that moan and groan that we struggle to beat the 'lesser' teams...you know, the ones who park the bus etc.
Now who would be a useful player to perhaps get the job done against these minnows of the prem? A flat track bully no less. So useful , we could do with a couple more.
Agreed.

Thierry Henry is by far the best example.

Paul Scholes couldn't tackle ... Want an issue ... why not just pay to players strengths.

Lamela will improve as seen already this season. can't happen overnight.

Lamela should sometimes just jockey a player away from our danger zone... once they are turned away from goal and in a wide position, just let them have the ball, no need to dive in and give them chance to collapse like a child's toy.

Was just about to say exactly this. He doesn't have to try and win the ball back everytime. If he turns them away from goal and forces them to pass the ball sideways or backwards, his job is done.

Paul Scholes couldn't tackle ... Want an issue ... why not just pay to players strengths.

Lamela will improve as seen already this season. can't happen overnight.

Scholes was a thug, would be thought of in the same breath as Charlie Adams if he played for anyone other than United ...

Do agree Lamela will learn, its his over eagerness he has to control, wait, don't just immediately stick your foot in ...

Scholes was a thug, would be thought of in the same breath as Charlie Adams if he played for anyone other than United ...

Do agree Lamela will learn, its his over eagerness he has to control, wait, don't just immediately stick your foot in ...

Scholes was a thug in the same way that Maradonna was a thug i.e. he was just really bad at tackling. I personally think that if we played Scholes for England in the middle instead of on the left, instead of persevering with Gerrard/Lampard/Batty/Ince/Parker, England would have been far more successful, but that is probably for another thread! ;)

Back