• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Just a tap in but what's good to see is that we are starting to get players in to those positions more frequently this season - you aren't going to score them if you aren't in there to do so
Exactly, there are SO many goals each week where the keeper saves or fumbles or it is deflected or scuffed or tapped in, goals don't need to be 20 yard swerving rabonas, you just need to spend more time around the penalty spot in each game, sniffing for the ball and pressurising defenders.

I saw Lamela on the train to Cardiff for the Argentina v Ireland Rugby game. He was with his other half and Fazio who was also with his other half. Quite surreal, so I made sure I sat next to them for the whole way! This will be my only ITK ever, I am sure but he said the following which is a bit bland but I wasn't expecting miracles:

• He is feeling much more comfortable with the pace of the EPL because of his fitness. He says he feels fitter, he feels perfect;
  • He loves Poch who he says is a great coach and everyone loves him. Tactically one of the best apparently and good with the players and has helped him and Fazio a lot;
  • I asked him who his favourite players were and he said everyone!
  • He has set himself a target of 10 goals and 15 assists for the season and 3 MoMs but most importantly the team feel top 4 is achievable. The team don't think that there are any better teams than us in the league (!!) and that we can beat any of the teams and won't be outplayed if we can get over the injuries;
  • He said Nacer's injuries doesn't look too good and may be 4 weeks or more;
  • Fazio said he loves London, and is fighting every day to be in the team. He says Toby and Jan will be difficult to break but he will make sure that he takes his chance when he gets it;
  • He said our youth team were really good and there was one (Edwards) who will be a world star;
  • He said Dembele was the most skillful, Walker the quickest, Dembele the strongest, and that the whole team is really together.
  • He said WHL had the best atmosphere when we beat Emirates Marketing Project recently and Ar5ena1 last year. He said when the crowd is so noisy it is amazing.
So pretty bland, not really a lot of information but he is happy with us and really thinks this will be his season. He also predicted the Argentinian win! Fazio was a little more quiet, his english was worse and is f-ing huge.

You mean that you, Lamela & Fazio with their other halves went ALL the way to Cardiff on the train !!!!
I assume it was a normal public train- not a special one just for you guys, like the Royal train for the Queen
I am shocked. There are people on this board who would not be willing to go to MK Dons on public transport to watch Spurs and share the cabin with other people :rolleyes:

Can a two-yard tap-in really be a good or bad finish????

Yes let me explain ... if the finish misses the goal its a bad finish. If the finish is hit straight to the keeper, it is a bad finish.

However if the finish hits the net its a good finish. If the finish is a quick reflex and in congestion and goes in, then again its a good finish.

My opinion of course.

However the goal that he scored could easily have not gone in.

I thought he had a great game, amazing pressing and battling display as per usual, really simple play. A stupid free kick to give away but a very solid performance that really helped our defensive unit, retrieving the ball. Now showy though.

I saw Lamela on the train to Cardiff for the Argentina v Ireland Rugby game. He was with his other half and Fazio who was also with his other half. Quite surreal, so I made sure I sat next to them for the whole way! This will be my only ITK ever, I am sure but he said the following which is a bit bland but I wasn't expecting miracles:

• He is feeling much more comfortable with the pace of the EPL because of his fitness. He says he feels fitter, he feels perfect;
  • He loves Poch who he says is a great coach and everyone loves him. Tactically one of the best apparently and good with the players and has helped him and Fazio a lot;
  • I asked him who his favourite players were and he said everyone!
  • He has set himself a target of 10 goals and 15 assists for the season and 3 MoMs but most importantly the team feel top 4 is achievable. The team don't think that there are any better teams than us in the league (!!) and that we can beat any of the teams and won't be outplayed if we can get over the injuries;
  • He said Nacer's injuries doesn't look too good and may be 4 weeks or more;
  • Fazio said he loves London, and is fighting every day to be in the team. He says Toby and Jan will be difficult to break but he will make sure that he takes his chance when he gets it;
  • He said our youth team were really good and there was one (Edwards) who will be a world star;
  • He said Dembele was the most skillful, Walker the quickest, Dembele the strongest, and that the whole team is really together.
  • He said WHL had the best atmosphere when we beat Emirates Marketing Project recently and Ar5ena1 last year. He said when the crowd is so noisy it is amazing.
So pretty bland, not really a lot of information but he is happy with us and really thinks this will be his season. He also predicted the Argentinian win! Fazio was a little more quiet, his english was worse and is f-ing huge.

Does anyone have information on Edwards?

lamela is so lucky to have been given as much time as he has, if he hadn't of been a record signing, he would have been kicked out a long time ago. He 's also a Flat track bully and excels against crap teams but I'm not going to second guess Poch here, they're both armies and his influence is definitely helping.

lamela is so lucky to have been given as much time as he has, if he hadn't of been a record signing, he would have been kicked out a long time ago. He 's also a Flat track bully and excels against crap teams but I'm not going to second guess Poch here, they're both armies and his influence is definitely helping.

@Mr_B - Sorry to single you out, but I have to say I just don't understand what's behind this type of post, after we have beaten a premiership side 1-5 with Lamela playing his part. This season, Lamela has improved his play no-end. He's still young, and has a number of years left on his contract. Why bring up how lucky he is to have been given so much time? Whether or not he would have been given as much time if he wasn't our record signing means not one thing (personally I think he would have been given just as much time as we gave other young players such as Kane, Mason, Townsend, Rose). Let's just bask in the glory of a great away win, after a UEFA game (which we have historically found difficult) without having to find reasons to start to snipe at our players. Please.

@Mr_B - Sorry to single you out, but I have to say I just don't understand what's behind this type of post, after we have beaten a premiership side 1-5 with Lamela playing his part. This season, Lamela has improved his play no-end. He's still young, and has a number of years left on his contract. Why bring up how lucky he is to have been given so much time? Whether or not he would have been given as much time if he wasn't our record signing means not one thing (personally I think he would have been given just as much time as we gave other young players such as Kane, Mason, Townsend, Rose). Let's just bask in the glory of a great away win, after a UEFA game (which we have historically found difficult) without having to find reasons to start to snipe at our players. Please.

point i'm making is if he had been signed for 4 million, he would have been out after a season, because of the investment, we persevered with him which i'm pleased we did actually, too much of this game nowadays is knee jerk reaction and the importance of short term success, saying all this, he's still not the finished article and has come up wanting against the better clubs in this league.
And yeh, I'm delighted we won after playing in the europa but there's always room for improvement and crazy as it sounds looking at the scoreline, we may not have won today if boruc hadn't of had such a 'mare and this is just bournemouth

One of the changes I see in his game this season is that he is releasing the ball quicker and often just a simple pass the direction he is looking. It might not seem a lot but previously he was repeatedly bringing the ball into contact and losing it. I think he's finally realised that you don't get any time at all in this league. Pass and move son.

Lamela now has 4 goals and 2 assists in 11 matches in all competitions. Last season, he had 5 goals and 8 assists in 31 starts in all competitions. As said before, he always gets into goal scoring positions in all his matches. The tap-in against Bournemouth is a prove of that.

Lamela was our most creative player last season with 8 assists. So far this season, he is our joint-top scorer with 4 goals. I think he deserves some recognition. Not sure how you can argue he only plays well against shyte teams as he had a good game against ManCity, scoring a good goal.

Have disagree here mr b, andros has been rank, rose has been rank, mason as well amongst others at times and none of them have been ditched. Maybe the club realise they are young and will take time to get where we need them to be. Look at who we shipped out, players who had reached their level and had no progress. That is an indication of the type of team we are trying to build and why we persevere with these players.
Oh and flat th rack bully, try telling that to Emirates Marketing Project.

point i'm making is if he had been signed for 4 million, he would have been out after a season, because of the investment, we persevered with him which i'm pleased we did actually, too much of this game nowadays is knee jerk reaction and the importance of short term success, saying all this, he's still not the finished article and has come up wanting against the better clubs in this league.
And yeh, I'm delighted we won after playing in the europa but there's always room for improvement and crazy as it sounds looking at the scoreline, we may not have won today if boruc hadn't of had such a 'mare and this is just bournemouth

Are you not stating the obvious a little? When you pay 25million for a player it's because you think they are good enough to pay 25million for. Therefore, you're going to give them more time to show that they are worth 25 million. No?

Lamela was our most creative player last season with 8 assists. So far this season, he is our joint-top scorer with 4 goals. I think he deserves some recognition. Not sure how you can argue he only plays well against shyte teams as he had a good game against ManCity, scoring a good goal.

Weren't 5 of those 8 from corners? I'm not against him - he's definitely improved this year and would be a huge boost if he developed into a £15m player, let alone a £30m player - but some of the posts on here saying about how great some of his performance have been are laughable (e.g. the 'good finish' 2 yard tap-in one above)!

Back