• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Another example for those who talk about it taking time to build a team, now a thing of the past.
Year on year those on the fringes of the champions league have their best players poached. All though I wouldn't blame Lloris in this case, he came to a club that fudged up big time and went backwards

Said the 'you never know what might happen' line when asked about a potential move. I said earlier that he is as gone as last weeks pay and reckon that is still nailed on.

Another example for those who talk about it taking time to build a team, now a thing of the past.
Year on year those on the fringes of the champions league have their best players poached. All though I wouldn't blame Lloris in this case, he came to a club that fudgeed up big time and went backwards

The Champions League is at fault. We all know it offers way to much money for the clubs in those positions which has allowed them to create a stranglehold over football but UEFA wouldn't have it any other way. They're happy with the revenue it makes and would prefer to have their household names like Barca, Madrid, the Milan teams, bayrn Munich, Liverpool over Tottenham, Genoa, Sevilla, Stuttgart anyday.

Football has become all about maintaining the elite, both at FIFA Preseidential level, club level, international level, it's all just one big corporation.

Vertonghen: Tottenham must keep Lloris to show ambition

The goalkeeper has continually been linked with Manchester United, while PSG continue to monitor this situation, and the defender says a sale would prevent the club growing

Jan Vertonghen has urged Tottenham to keep hold of Hugo Lloris, insisting that if the club want to continue growing then they must not sell the goalkeeper.

Lloris was one of Spurs' most impressive performers last season, prompting links with Manchester United as a replacement for possible Real Madrid-bound David De Gea, while PSG are also monitoring the situation.

But Vertonghen, whose Belgium side take on Lloris' France in a friendly on Sunday, says Tottenham must keep their top performers to show ambition, having yet again missed out on Champions League qualification.

"He's a great guy, great captain, great goalkeeper and a brilliant player for us," he told Sky Sports. "He's the captain, very important and this season he was one of our best players.

"He's been outstanding for us and if you want to continue growing as a club you have to keep your best players and Hugo is one of them.

"I hope Tottenham can keep him. It will be a sign for everyone next year that we want to compete in the Premier League.

"We ended the season well in the last two games and we didn't expect to finish fifth. Hopefully we can continue to push for fourth.

"We've got four big teams ahead of us at the moment but we have to find a way to beat them."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2015/06/04/12402812/-?

Jan, how about you STFU stop playing like a pussy and show that YOU YOURSELF believe that Spurs should "strive to keep their best players" and sign that contract extension you were offered (and have declined to)?

Jan, how about you STFU stop playing like a pussy and show that YOU YOURSELF believe that Spurs should "strive to keep their best players" and sign that contract extension you were offered (and have declined to)?

Bit over the top considering what he actually said in that interview? He praises Lloris and says he hopes we can keep him and your reaction is STFU?

Going by Vertonghen's own comments when he didn't sign the extension last year he still has 3 years left on his contract this summer. And Vertonghen has come out and said that he's going nowhere this summer. What's the problem?

Bit over the top considering what he actually said in that interview? He praises Lloris and says he hopes we can keep him and your reaction is STFU?

Going by Vertonghen's own comments when he didn't sign the extension last year he still has 3 years left on his contract this summer. And Vertonghen has come out and said that he's going nowhere this summer. What's the problem?

The reason he hasn't signed his extension is probably because wanted to wait and see if we hold on to the likes of Lloris i.e show some ambition.

Regarding the quotes, they mean nothing. Same things were said by other players when Modric/Berbatov/Bale/Insert as necessary were reported as considering leaving.

In fact I'd say the only thing they actually tell us is that Lloris is genuinely considering leaving.

Serious Deja vu fears.

But Berbatov wasn't born when Gilly had his first season with us :confused:

It was in reference to all the body language experts who have said that Jan and Berby could not be arsed and care about what they do because of their demeanour on the pitch. I heard some idiot say the same about Gilly in his first season at the club, i do know they were different times. I have always wondered what Uni you would go to to become a body language expert. ;)

Back