• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

badgered Hugo for several minutes about his future..obviously he wasn't going to respond to a deranged fan begging him to stay on..but the wordless amalgam grimace/grin on his face just gave me the sinking feeling that he is off...

badgered Hugo for several minutes about his future..obviously he wasn't going to respond to a deranged fan begging him to stay on..but the wordless amalgam grimace/grin on his face just gave me the sinking feeling that he is off...

No need to worry. That is his normal happy look ;)

Don't see why it is a big deal for players not to comment if they are staying? What is there to gain in be quiet then signing a new deal?

Seems to me the silence means he is off.

I think his likeliest destination is PSG if he were to leave us.

Lloris has explicitly ruled out going back to France until he is close to retirement. It would be a big step down moving to such an uncompetitive league like that, irrespective of the wages.

Cheers GB - Im not sure that's quite as explicit as you made it out to be but it's encouraging for sure

Cheers GB - Im not sure that's quite as explicit as you made it out to be but it's encouraging for sure

There was more that I can't find - those extracts are from a longer interview

This is another bit responding to the temptation of the wages available:

"There are some things that are difficult to refuse, but only if it allows you to go one step further (in your development)"

Or it could have been the face of a man being badgered for several minutes by a deranged fan ;)

I think he is staying.

Lloris has explicitly ruled out going back to France until he is close to retirement. It would be a big step down moving to such an uncompetitive league like that, irrespective of the wages.

PSG are improving year on year, they could easily win the CL very soon

also the French league us just as competitive as the PL, Lyon only dropped away at the very end and Monaco and Marseille were not that far away

PSG are improving year on year, they could easily win the CL very soon

also the French league us just as competitive as the PL, Lyon only dropped away at the very end and Monaco and Marseille were not that far away

It would be a bit psychological too. Like going back to the backwater market town you grew up in after having escaped to the big city.

Other than Cabeye, I can't really think of many successful players who have moved back to the French league at their peak.

By uncompetitive I really meant not the best standard, rather than a 1 horse race.

It would be a bit psychological too. Like going back to the backwater market town you grew up in after having escaped to the big city.

Other than Cabeye, I can't really think of many successful players who have moved back to the French league at their peak.

By uncompetitive I really meant not the best standard, rather than a 1 horse race.

I disagree, he's from Nice, yes he's in London now but going to Paris is moving from big city to another big city

PSG is a step up from Tottenham Hotspur

Reactions: DTA
If Lloris has indeed made it clear he wants to leave, then Levy needs to tell UTD that they have until the 30th June to get a deal sorted. If they miss the deadline then Hugo goes into the 2015-2016 season a Spurs player. I don't want to see us being strung along all summer with Lloris having issues playing etc.

This was reported 7hrs ago.

Manchester United target Hugo Lloris wants to stay at Tottenham Hotspur, according to manager Mauricio Pochettino.

Lloris, 28, enjoyed another excellent season for Tottenham and United are monitoring his situation should they lose David De Gea to Real Madrid this summer.

Pochettino, though, is confident that the France international will be at White Hart Lane in the 2015-16 campaign.

"There have been a lot of rumours, but Hugo wants to stay with us and we are happy with him too," Pochettino told reporters.

"He is happy and everything else is just rumour."

Lloris signed for Spurs from Lyon in 2012 and has since made 99 Premier League appearances for the club.

Sources have told ESPN FC that United are unlikely to get involved in a price war with Tottenham for Lloris, feeling they could get better value elsewhere if De Gea does not commit his future to the club.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2475185/hugo-lloris-not-leaving-tottenham-for-united-pochettino

Back