• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Ironically to be the best also means the fans have to be the best, and that means fans not being abusive or making personal attacks towards the Manager. I want us to be the best too....

That sort of comment is nonsense. It's a message board! It's designed for debate, opinions, banter and occasionally letting rip and getting stuff of your chest.

Some people seem to think that games are won or lost based on Glory Glory and not the 11 on the pitch.

I live in Munich, so if i come on here and call Harry a bent spiv, jail dodging wheeler dealer who concentrates only Harry Redknapps success and couldn't give a toss about Spurs. do you think we have less chance of beating Chelsea today?

And yes unfortunately his legacy will be old boys/knackered knees FC.

Friedel, Gallas, Nelsen, Parker, Saha, King. All we need is to miss out on Champions League, Modders and Bale to walk away and then we get to build an entire new 11. It's hardly the stuff of foresight is it?

My biggest gripe with Harry (amongst plenty of others) is that his lack of commitment is hardly going to inspire Bale and Modric that their long term futures are at WHL. He even tried flogging Modders in the summer 'yeah I can understand that he wants more money'. WTF? How about saying he's a multi millionaire anyway and he can achieve all he wants at spurs? It's not strange though that someone who has a partial allergy to paying taxes and wraps his christmas presents in brown envelopes would see the lure of wads of cash.

We can not sack Redknapp now i think that would be foolish, but there is no doubt in my mind that if we want to progress we have to get another manager for next season.

We can not sack Redknapp now i think that would be foolish, but there is no doubt in my mind that if we want to progress we have to get another manager for next season.

I disagree. I think if he stays, everyone knows he's here to stay for a while, no England job, no court case, Levy gives him some money to spend and things settle down over the summer I think Harry can do very well for us again next season.

Edit: The only manager I would want us to actively go out to replace Harry with out of those that are being touted would be Mourinho.

I disagree. I think if he stays, everyone knows he's here to stay for a while, no England job, no court case, Levy gives him some money to spend and things settle down over the summer I think Harry can do very well for us again next season.

Edit: The only manager I would want us to actively go out to replace Harry with out of those that are being touted would be Mourinho.

Redknapp has done a good job, however he is getting ready to walk ( and not for the England job) we need a manager with better tactical knowledge because if we do not this debate will take place agin this time next year.

I dont recon Harry would settle down and stay 'for a while'. I think he's petulant and is the sort of person who might walk away at any given moment. I think with Redknapp in charge you'll always have a sense of temporary or transition about the club. It'd be nice to appoint someone who could potentially be in charge for a good decade.

Not really tbh.

He's managed 1 win, 3 draws and 4 loses in our last 8 games which is not even good for a relegation threatend team. Add to that his disgraceful comment AND the fact that he's looking to leave at the end of the season anyway. Yeh he can leave.

What a pathetic outlook

I also completely disagree with this. for a start, Harry is 65 so will retire soon. Secondly this signings clearly indicate that he's taking a short-term view which given his age is understandable

Redknapp has done a good job, however he is getting ready to walk ( and not for the England job) we need a manager with better tactical knowledge because if we do not this debate will take place agin this time next year.

What do you mean "getting ready to walk?" Where would he go if he doesn't get the England job?

We have done well with Harry so far and can keep doing well with him in the future. But we need a bit of stability.

I dont recon Harry would settle down and stay 'for a while'. I think he's petulant and is the sort of person who might walk away at any given moment. I think with Redknapp in charge you'll always have a sense of temporary or transition about the club. It'd be nice to appoint someone who could potentially be in charge for a good decade.

He has done well so far and apart from the England job he hasn't really looked like he would walk away at any given moment.

Yes, ideally you want someone like that, but all of the managers that might be the long term manager touted around here are people like Rodgers, Martinez, Moyes and so on. Each and every one of them have questions surrounding their abilities as well. We have seen both with Spurs and at other clubs the risks involved with changing managers. For me those risks outweigh the advantages some of these potential managers might have. Again, as long as a truly top class manager isn't available.

I agree we need better players if we are to challenge for the top place, but my point is we are not punching above our weight at this present time. Our squad is good enough to be in the top four and as i have said that is where i thought we would be at the beginning of the season.

I am not saying that Redknapp has not done a good job, what i am saying is that ( imo) he does not possess the tactical ability to take up any higher.

My main objection apart from wanting to see a manager who can take us further is the excuses that he always comes out with for not being able to take us further, and his assumptions that the fans should stop being so unrealistic and that we are idiots ( which he has suggested on more then one occasion)

what do you see on here that suggests he's wrong?

Given all that he has achieved, the results that the club achieves, the points haul ratio he has achieved in his tenure - balanced with the approbation and abuse he gets from a fanbase who have very little experience of recent success - I'd say that HR has every right to say what he does.

In any given conversation that you have personally, if you were getting a constant stream of carping and and abuse from someone in that conversation - what would you do if it was largely unjustified or personal villification you didn't deserve? Would you stand your ground , explain your point of view or fight back by declaring the unreasonable nature of the attack - or would you simply remain quiet out of some misplaced respect for the complainant?

Football fans generally are full of unreasonable expectations and when they are given a sniff of success those expectations go stratospheric - when they are not realised - most fans behave like spoiled brats and want everyone punished, sold or sacked for spoiling their lives. People really do take everything so personally, and I have seen innumerable posts on here with infantile comments about how they are going to suffer at the scorn they will receive from fans of other clubs.

Sacking Harry isn't the answer - look at clubs that have earned long term success, they are virtually all clubs with one thing in common, the same manager over that successful period. Liverpool achieved long term success with different managers, but they were all from the same pool of staff who set them on the road to success, thereby maintaining the continuity factor.

We don't have to be in love with the manager to recognise the success that he brings, to think otherwise is unrealistic and immature.

Has anyone come out and said they made this up yet? Some posters are so irrational in hatred of something they will make things up to put their points across and the problem with forums is you believe everything you read.

Dont be silly.

Now that the worst of it is looking like it was made up, people are simply demanding Harry get sacked for saying:

"People forget where Tottenham should be at times. They have won two Carling Cups since 1991 and the average finishing position until four or five years ago was probably about 10th."

This is the so called disgraceful line that is a "dig" at the fans, and has been equated to Harry calling us "sh#t fans".

This is the line that people think is a reason to sack our manager with 5 games to go because they want whats "best for the club".

This the line that was so insulting.

Oh and dont forget the fact he said the word "they". Living proof he's "not Spurs" and should go. (Even though he said "us" and "we" more in the same interview)

And still, no one can say why they think the line was incorrect. Oh, yeah, because it wasnt, it was spot on.

Leedspurs
Wriggly
THFC
Arcspace

You are all ****s.

Scara

You run a decent forum, but you support ****s, and spend too much time hasrassing decent posters.

This thread, and this forum has become poisonous.

When someone does this many infractions, he has done the George Michael

I would bother responding had I not already owned you hard on two occasions already, you are simply not worth the waste of time.

I also completely disagree with this. for a start, Harry is 65 so will retire soon. Secondly this signings clearly indicate that he's taking a short-term view which given his age is understandable

Ferguson is 70. No reason why Harry shouldn't have at least 3-5 seasons left in him. I used the words "for a while" consciously, I didn't use "long term", this is about how long I would guess Harry can/would stay. If history is anything to go by if we do sign someone new in the summer then most likely they will not last longer than that anyway.

His signings in the last two transfer windows can be classified as short term. But we don't know how much money Levy has given Harry in these windows, if Harry is confirmed to be here for a longer time in the summer there is no reason why he won't be making Kyle Walker, Sandro and Kaboul like signings. We already know that the transfer strategy is controlled by Levy and we know what his long term strategy will be.

And as "short term" as some of those signings have been, Friedel has been an upgrade on Gomes, Parker has been an upgrade on Palacios, Ade has been crucial for us season and saying that he's been an upgrade on Crouch sounds like the understatement of the year. This January Saha is no worse (or better perhaps) than Pav, but that move brought us a decent chunk of money Harry or another long term manager can spend in the summer. Nelsen has been better than Bassong in my opinion, certainly no worse.

Other than the goalie and strikers we can field a team that all have 5+ years ahead of them in this league - and hopefully at this club.

Walker-Kaboul-Caulker-Ekotto
Lennon-Modric-Sandro-Bale

I don't think Harry has been wrong to bring in some more experienced players in his time here, you could actually say that the biggest failing of the Comolli/Ramos regime was the lack of experienced players at the club. You could make an argument that his last two windows have been too heavy on experience, but that's about it.

Dont be silly.

Now that the worst of it is looking like it was made up, people are simply demanding Harry get sacked for saying:

"People forget where Tottenham should be at times. They have won two Carling Cups since 1991 and the average finishing position until four or five years ago was probably about 10th."

This is the so called disgraceful line that is a "dig" at the fans, and has been equated to Harry calling us "sh#t fans".

This is the line that people think is a reason to sack our manager with 5 games to go because they want whats "best for the club".

Oh and dont forget the fact he said the word "they". Living proof he's "not Spurs" and should go. (Even though he said "us" and "we" more in the same interview)

And still, no one can say why they think the line was incorrect. Oh, yeah, because it wasnt, it was spot on.

How would you reacted if Jack Wheelchair came out and said "People forget where Tottenham should be at times. They have won two Carling Cups since 1991 and the average finishing position until four or five years ago was probably about 10th."?

Is Modric Tottenham?

Dont be silly.

Plenty of people have posted why they think it's an inappropriate comment by the manager of our club. Why don't you try reading them and responding rather than calling people who have a different opinion than you "****s".

How would you reacted if Jack Wheelchair came out and said "People forget where Tottenham should be at times. They have won two Carling Cups since 1991 and the average finishing position until four or five years ago was probably about 10th."?

I don't know if Totman's married or not, but I'd hate to be at his house if his wife asked him whether her mumu jeans made her arse look big?

Id say he should mind his own business, and from a gooner tw@t it would annoy me. But it wouldnt be any less true, and I would not be demanding he gets pulled up in front of the FA for bringing the game into disrepute.

Some people are taking great offence to a nothing comment, while they call Redknapp a "c#nt".

The irony and idiocy is nothing you should be trying to justify imo.

Last edited:
Back