• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Plenty of people have posted why they think it's an inappropriate comment by the manager of our club. Why don't you try reading them and responding rather than calling people who have a different opinion than you "****s".

I called the c#nts, c#nts, not the reasoned debaters

Id say he should mind his own business, and from a gooner tw@t it would annoy me. But it wouldnt be any less true, and I would not be demanding he gets pulled up in front of the FA for bringing the game into disrepute.

Some people are taking great offence to a nothing comment, while they call Redknapp a "c#nt".

The irony and idiocy is nothing you should be trying to justify imo.

So coming from Jack Wheelchair it would annoy you and you think he shouldn't be saying it. But when Harry says the same thing people should just accept it?

So coming from Jack Wheelchair it would annoy you and you think he shouldn't be saying it. But when Harry says the same thing people should just accept it?

Harry has the right to talk about our club. Jack Wheelchair is a gobby little gooner.

If someone close to you said you had bad breath, would you take the same offence as some loudmouth prick saying it in the pub, that you dont even know?

Non starter of a point, just drop it.

Harry has the right to talk about our club. Jack Wheelchair is a gobby little gooner.

If someone close to you said you had bad breath, would you take the same offence as some loudmouth prick saying it in the pub, that you dont even know?

Non starter of a point, just drop it.

If we're doing pub analogies...

If someone random loudmouth at a put told me I had no shot at some hot girl and should "know my place" I would think "dingdonghead", laugh it off and be on my way. If someone close to me told me (in a non-joking fashion) I shouldn't hit on some hot girl and I should "know my place" I would be quite insulted and consider if this person really was my friend or not.

What do you mean "getting ready to walk?" Where would he go if he doesn't get the England job?

We have done well with Harry so far and can keep doing well with him in the future. But we need a bit of stability.

He has done well so far and apart from the England job he hasn't really looked like he would walk away at any given moment.

Redknapp has a history of walking away from clubs when things start to go against him, there are far more fans begining to question his ability to take us further, he is even being question by parts of the media. Sooner or later he will tiun his back and rattle out the same excuses he has uttered before.

what do you see on here that suggests he's wrong?

Given all that he has achieved, the results that the club achieves, the points haul ratio he has achieved in his tenure - balanced with the approbation and abuse he gets from a fanbase who have very little experience of recent success - I'd say that HR has every right to say what he does.

In any given conversation that you have personally, if you were getting a constant stream of carping and and abuse from someone in that conversation - what would you do if it was largely unjustified or personal villification you didn't deserve? Would you stand your ground , explain your point of view or fight back by declaring the unreasonable nature of the attack - or would you simply remain quiet out of some misplaced respect for the complainant?

Football fans generally are full of unreasonable expectations and when they are given a sniff of success those expectations go stratospheric - when they are not realised - most fans behave like spoiled brats and want everyone punished, sold or sacked for spoiling their lives. People really do take everything so personally, and I have seen innumerable posts on here with infantile comments about how they are going to suffer at the scorn they will receive from fans of other clubs.

Sacking Harry isn't the answer - look at clubs that have earned long term success, they are virtually all clubs with one thing in common, the same manager over that successful period. Liverpool achieved long term success with different managers, but they were all from the same pool of staff who set them on the road to success, thereby maintaining the continuity factor.

We don't have to be in love with the manager to recognise the success that he brings, to think otherwise is unrealistic and immature.

Well i agree with you about loving managers, they are here to do a job and the vast majority of them probaby do not give a brick about the supporters. They may say they do buts its just flimflam and used to get fans on their side, however that is a hell of a difference between that and suggesting (at best) that fans are idiots and delusional.

I am neither unrealistic or immature and i would suggest you are not either, but i know what i see and hear and Redknapp has not got the tactical ability to take us higher.

And i do not think we will have to sack him anyway, he in the past has walked when things start to go against him and i feel the same will happen here.

Last edited:
I would bother responding had I not already owned you hard on two occasions already, you are simply not worth the waste of time.

from my experience of the internet, the only people who use expressions like these - are people who could only own up to their own inability to think clearly.

You don't own anyone on the internet, you can express an opinion and discuss a point, but until someone says that you are right, and they clearly are wrong than the debate is still open.

Instead of being arrogant - why not prove your point beyond any doubt.

or have you nothing of substance to actually offer?

If someone random loudmouth at a put told me I had no shot at some hot girl and should "know my place" I would think "dingdonghead", laugh it off and be on my way. If someone close to me told me (in a non-joking fashion) I shouldn't hit on some hot girl and I should "know my place" I would be quite insulted and consider if this person really was my friend or not.

real friends are people who tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear.

from my experience of the internet, the only people who use expressions like these - are people who could only own up to their own inability to think clearly.

You don't own anyone on the internet, you can express an opinion and discuss a point, but until someone says that you are right, and they clearly are wrong than the debate is still open.

Unfortunately generally the kind of folk who use such expressions don't really respond well to rational thought out comments on their behaviour and will continue acting in a similar fashion.

And thats the reason I prefer to deal with what actually happened. Which was Redknapp said a true statemant with no malice or hidden digs, and people are crying like babies when they are saying vile about him things that are 100000 times worse.

Totman why exactly have you decided to react like this?

Despite disagreeing with you a lot i did praise you for never resorting to personal insults but on this occasion you wasn't even baited into it.

Totman why exactly have you decided to react like this?

Despite disagreeing with you a lot i did praise you for never resorting to personal insults but on this occasion you wasn't even baited into it.

Because I think some people are poison to the club

Because I think some people are poison to the club

but Reknapp will probably never read this and this is a forum where we can discuss this sort of stuff. It's one thing me wanting him out but i'd never jeer him whilst at the Lane.

You stated before that you were tired of certain posters using personal insults when all you were doing is discussing football but now you're doing exactly that.

I am responding in language that totman understands.

Last edited:
real friends are people who tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear.

Yes. And if I was an ugly **** then that would probably fair enough. And if we were Saudi Sportswashing Machine and people were complaining about us not doing better this season then comments like "know you place" from a friend would be fair enough. But I'm not an ugly ****, and we're not Saudi Sportswashing Machine... :)

(Sorry Greg)

but Reknapp will probably never read this and this is a forum where we can discuss this sort of stuff. It's one thing me wanting him out but i'd never jeer him whilst at the Lane.

You stated before that you were tired of certain posters using personal insults when all you were doing is discussing football but now you're doing exactly that.

To be honest, Im disgusted, and this is my reaction to it. Right or wrong, its just how I feel.

As I asked in the other thread.

If people hear heard this level of abuse (NOT the critique but the abuse) at WHL, what would your reaction be?

Back