• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
You don't have to lie to be insulting. Arsene Wenger could say his fans are far and ginger, Kenny could say his fans are jobless thieves, that would be true but still show a lack of respect.

He has come no where near insulting us. What he has said is absolutely true, he's absolutely right to make clear what his achievements have been. He isn't insulting. It's true, our average finish is about tenth. Delusional, the truth hurts for a lot of people. Can't you take it?

its not all about money is it

if it was then why are Norwich only 3 points off Liverpool, Swansea 4 points better off than Villa?

And why are we in a top 4 position? You're absolutely right, it's not all about money. We are punching well above our weight and the fans are spoilt.

its not all about money is it

if it was then why are Norwich only 3 points off Liverpool, Swansea 4 points better off than Villa?

thats true but liverscum are really poor. Who we are challenging are teams with plenty of money in the top four. Much better players than who liverscum have.

Howard - I dont think im protecting harry and yeah he is one of those who has his interests at heart BUT do you blame him? From day one he has had spurs fans on his back (none more so than on here) and he feels that what he has done over the three years he deserves some respect but at the drop of the hat we have turned against him. We are so fickle.

Like I have previously said I really dont think the blame lies solely with Harry but also with Levy. We needed to buy in January Harry knew that, we knew it but Levy for whatever reason could not get in the deals.

I do think Harry needs to be a bit more quiet to the media because he is a bit like me, he talks without thinking sometimes and it comes back to bite him in the ass.

He has come no where near insulting us. What he has said is absolutely true, he's absolutely right to make clear what his achievements have been. He isn't insulting. It's true, our average finish is about tenth. Delusional, the truth hurts for a lot of people. Can't you take it?

Just because you are thick skinned and do not feel that Redknapp is digging at the supporters does not mean others are delusional.

And why are we in a top 4 position? You're absolutely right, it's not all about money. We are punching well above our weight and the fans are spoilt.

we aren't in any way shape or form punching above our weight

you judge a team on the players not on the last X amount of years the club has had

we aren't in any way shape or form punching above our weight

I would say marginally we are. We are and should be more 5th/6th based on our squad (which I keep on saying that is overrated although people seem to disagree) and finances (which has hindered our buying power). THEN we have had the England rumours, Harrys heart issues, Harrys court case, injuries galore.

I would say marginally we are. We are and should be more 5th/6th based on our squad (which I keep on saying that is overrated although people seem to disagree) and finances (which has hindered our buying power). THEN we have had the England rumours, Harrys heart issues, Harrys court case, injuries galore.

Agreed. I'm not saying we are crap, we should be around 5th or 6th all things considered. We are fighting with the Manchester clubs, Arsenal and Chelsea though. To get close to them, with the finances we have, is fantastic.

if it was all about money Emirates Marketing Project should have had 34 wins out of 34 games

But whats that got to do with what you said We are punching well above our weight and the fans are spoilt.

Because the players are playing above the level that they would have been expected to play at when they signed. They weren't top 4 players. They were made top 4 players because of Redknapp, and because he had an amazing season, the expectations have risen to such a ridiculous level that the fans are spoilt.

Think you're being just a tad disingenuous.

There's probably two sets of people here: i) those who want him gone, as 'he's going away' and ii) those who want him gone, as they keep harping on about this spectacular fall from 3rd. The recent results have been extremely disappointing, so I don't follow that my observation is a strawman at all.

There's also an awful lot of assumption and presumption involved here, namely that: i) the FA actually want to offer Harry the job, and ii) that Harry himself would take it. The truth behind neither is known, merely conjecture. It's speculation and that is all, yet why would you sack a manager purely because speculation surrounds him?

I actually take it as something of a complement, that Harry is linked with other jobs. It says to me, that he must be doing a pretty damn good job; after all, brick managers don't tend to be linked with high profile jobs. And he has done a good job; form is temporary, class is permanent - and the fact remains, that Harry's record in charge of Tottenham is right up there with the best of them.

If the FA want Harry Redknapp to manage England, then why make that task easier for them?
If some are to say that the speculation has been such that it has derailed our season - an allegation I'm sure you'll recognise - then should it not be, that we seek to recover substantial 'compensation' in-lieu of the Champions League? That would seem a wiser course of action to me, than merely sacking Harry Redknapp - especially at this stage of the season.

I think that is a very small number of people.

If the results are suffering as a result of Harry or the players feel that Harry is gone anyway then surely you understand why both financially and from a football perspective it could be a good idea to replace him? There is no way we would get a compensation anywhere near what missing out on CL would cost us, I think he has one year left on his contract in the summer. Of course that's a pretty big "if", but I think the point is a valid one and dismissing it only on the basis of people being fickle and ungrateful is a bit harsh and not really looking at the points being made.

Because the players are playing above the level that they would have been expected to play at when they signed. They weren't top 4 players. They were made top 4 players because of Redknapp, and because he had an amazing season, the expectations have risen to such a ridiculous level that the fans are spoilt.

Sorry mate but that is rubbish, the players are what they are and they are good enough to compete for the top.

Players that became who they were under Redknapp.

right - so who gets the credit/blame when the team under performs/plays well ?

being a manager isn't just buying players and getting them to do what is expected of them - it is about taking those players and turning them in to a team which can achieve its best

having the 5th best side on paper and finishing 5th is no real achievement imo

there's no reason the 5th best side can't expect to have a good season and finish 1 or 2 places higher, much the same with a team that is 10 th best and finishing 8th/9th

Last edited:

Agreed. I'm not saying we are crap, we should be around 5th or 6th all things considered. We are fighting with the Manchester clubs, Arsenal and Chelsea though. To get close to them, with the finances we have, is fantastic.

How would you rate our squad compared to the teams around us? If you think realistic expectations are 5th or 6th what 2-3 clubs do you think have better squads than us at the moment in addition to the Manchester clubs?

We're doing really well competing with teams that have higher turnovers, but that is mainly due to the long term strategies put in place by Levy than down to Harry in my opinion.

Back