• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
No way Harry should be sacked imo.

But those comments are not good at all. The whole "Tottenham should be mid table" isn't what fans want to hear, I don't understand how it's what the players or Levy wants to hear either. The only person in the world this makes look good is Harry Reknapp, as if he miraculously turned a mid table side into a top 4 side. When it's followed by "our form is not poor" it seems to me quite obviously as a deflection of the real issue. Our league form is in fact poor, like it was at this point last season, it is a problem. Harry should accept and take responsibility for that problem, not deflect it and make excuses for himself.

I agree.

'Arry has previous for this. Ask fans of any of the clubs he's managed previously. When it's going well... no problems. When it's not going well... it's all smoke and mirrrors. He's clever though, as the average man on the street has an impression of 'Arry as a "straight talker" and "calls it how he sees it"... reality is different.

Not that I think he should be sacked or anything like that. Overall he's done a great job. The way he manages the media is just part of who 'Arry Redknapp is...

Who knows, maybe the 'remember where you should be' comment is a way of firing up the players, taking the pressure off in a way.

Praise and criticism. Two sides of the same coin.

Indeed, so it's about striking the right balance. I could understand the depth of feeling behind sacking Harry, were we - I dunno - struggling around in 8th/9th and seriously underachieving with the squad. But he hasn't. He's used the squad to recover early setbacks, and maintained a consistent position (3rd) for the majority of the season. Recently, we have slipped back - no-one can deny that, it's a fact.

But does that seriously deserve such criticism? I don't believe it does. I think it focuses too much on recent form, and ignores the majority of management which went before it. As I've outlined, it's a bit odd to criticise a manager for - perish the thought - actually slipping from a position which he himself put the club in.

I read earlier in the week on here how someone asked why we were tired, relative to other teams around us? Well, I'd hazard a guess that it's because of the tempo which we play, and which we're so feared for. Other teams around adopt a more methodical approach, whereas we're somewhat 'all guns blazin'. Likewise, we had to invest a fair amount of 'recovery effort' after early season setbacks - and there's a line of sports science which covers peak performance, how it should be managed and how it can be realised too soon. Proven to hold water too, so it's not to be dismissed out-of-hand.

However there is no doubt that we have suffered a major fall from grace, I am as tinkled off as the next person that we couldn hold out for third, but I will reserve judgement untill the end of the season as to how tinkled off I am

No way Harry should be sacked imo.

But those comments are not good at all. The whole "Tottenham should be mid table" isn't what fans want to hear, I don't understand how it's what the players or Levy wants to hear either. The only person in the world this makes look good is Harry Reknapp, as if he miraculously turned a mid table side into a top 4 side. When it's followed by "our form is not poor" it seems to me quite obviously as a deflection of the real issue. Our league form is in fact poor, like it was at this point last season, it is a problem. Harry should accept and take responsibility for that problem, not deflect it and make excuses for himself.

very well summed up there brainclipse - and i think this is why Leeds and the others (including myself) are so wound up about it, rather than taking the quote at face value - which is where the people defending it seem to be going wrong - Spurs haven't been a top 6 club for the past 20 years or whatever but saying stuff like this just wreaks of desperation from the manager to cover his own failings this season by building up what he has achieved as some kind of miracle

Last edited:
i wonder what the odds were on us to finish 6th when we went two nil up at the emiratesm it would make for interesting reading, and highlights the pain even more, what could have been

Indeed, so it's about striking the right balance. I could understand the depth of feeling behind sacking Harry, were we - I dunno - struggling around in 8th/9th and seriously underachieving with the squad. But he hasn't. He's used the squad to recover early setbacks, and maintained a consistent position (3rd) for the majority of the season. Recently, we have slipped back - no-one can deny that, it's a fact.

But does that seriously deserve such criticism? I don't believe it does. I think it focuses too much on recent form, and ignores the majority of management which went before it. As I've outlined, it's a bit odd to criticise a manager for - perish the thought - actually slipping from a position which he himself put the club in.

I read earlier in the week on here how someone asked why we were tired, relative to other teams around us? Well, I'd hazard a guess that it's because of the tempo which we play, and which we're so feared for. Other teams around adopt a more methodical approach, whereas we're somewhat 'all guns blazin'. Likewise, we had to invest a fair amount of 'recovery effort' after early season setbacks - and there's a line of sports science which covers peak performance, how it should be managed and how it can be realised too soon. Proven to hold water too, so it's not to be dismissed out-of-hand.

Are there a lot of people saying that we should sack Harry now because of results? If so I've either missed it or interpreted what people are saying wrong.

What I see people saying is that if Harry is gong in the summer anyway it might be better for us now to get rid of him straight away. It has been seen multiple times that managers sitting on a resignation will struggle to perform for whatever reasons and I think it's a valid point. As I already stated, I don't quite agree, but the point is a good one and talking about how well Harry has done so far and so on seems to me like a straw man as it's not discussing the actual reasons for why those people would like Harry gone now.

If there are people saying that Harry should be sacked just because he's not good enough or because the results aren't good enough then I will stand corrected.

I agree with billyiddo, I do not understand the discontent aimed at Nelsen. Apart from the one cheap penalty given away he's been performing well for us.

I don't think you can have two centre backs that are lacking in pace so badly playing together, other than that I agree he has performed ok, no doubt harry will get a cut of the sell on fee

Nelsen in my opinion is deceptively quick, I think he isn't the fastest but by no means is he the slowest.

deceptively quick in the sense - "by golly, my grandad can run quicker than I thought"?

He's certainly no slower than King these days and up until before the Norwich game I don't think anyone would have been saying "oh, how can we play Gallas and King together, they are so slow". He's also no slower than Dawson. The only centre back we have that is quicker than him is Kaboul really.

Am I correct in saying Nelsen has scored more goals from corners than the rest of our defenders put together this season? Get the beast in the team.

I wonder what will happen if Harry decides not to take the England job and elects to stay?

I guess most of you lot will be marching down Bill Nicholson way with pitchforks and blazing torches.

It wouldn't surprise me if some people on here would be calling for GHod to be sacked if he managed the club, and the team had a bad month. So many people with tunnel vision, short sight and no sense of gratitude

He's certainly no slower than King these days and up until before the Norwich game I don't think anyone would have been saying "oh, how can we play Gallas and King together, they are so slow". He's also no slower than Dawson. The only centre back we have that is quicker than him is Kaboul really.

To be frank, and it might not sit well with many, but I think King has had his day as we are beginning to see the pace of the game troubling him, he can't keep up. Nelson is obviosly not the man to solve the problem long term, merely a stop gap, and a plaything for 'arry to sell on and make a half a million

I wonder what will happen if Harry decides not to take the England job and elects to stay?

I guess most of you lot will be marching down Bill Nicholson way with pitchforks and blazing torches.

It wouldn't surprise me if some people on here would be calling for GHod to be sacked if he managed the club, and the team had a bad month. So many people with tunnel vision, short sight and no sense of gratitude

I truly feel no gratitude towards Harry. We have a fantastic squad, objectively in the opinion on many neutrals the 3/4 best team in the country. You'd think we were Norwich the way people go on.

I truly feel no gratitude towards Harry. We have a fantastic squad, objectively in the opinion on many neutrals the 3/4 best team in the country. You'd think we were Norwich the way people go on.

And who built that squad Leeds?! Friedel, Walker, Kaboul, Gallas, Parker, Sandro, VDV, Adebayor, Kranjcar - all brought in under Harry, at an average cost of about ?ú4m. And Ekotto, Bale and Modric - all playing the best football of their career under him, the latter two having switched position under him.

Are you always such a miserable b*stard?! :lol:

Back