• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
I think its done and dusted. And that last line makes me believe it even more.

"and I've left them with the strongest squad in the league, outside of Manchester."

Not, and they (GHod forbid he said 'we') have the strongest squad....
Possibly, a slip of the tongue, but that tells me, just like somebody selling their house, in his mind he's already moved on

Completely agree. He thinks we have the best squad outside Manchester. So we should be 3rd. The 'know your place' comment makes his a fudging cretin. Totman can continue his Harry reach around but I'm done with him forever.

Well imo, it would be a f#cking catastrophe to sack Redknapp now. In fact, it would rank as the most pathetic decision any chairman has made in the history of football, imo.

Levy wont sack him now, at the end of the season, in the summer. Im convinced the FA are going after Hodgson. Levy will stick with Redknapp for one more year

and Redknapp did say earlier this season that Spurs could win the title, that cannot be denied by anyone, so he obviously thinks the squad is strong enough.

30yrs at a club as opposed to 3. Yeah, thats so surprising that SAF is Man U to the bone.

Funny thing is though, that in Fergies early years, he put up with the same thing Redknapp is from a large section of Man U fans.

Oh what mugs they ended up looking like.

I haven't been engaging in the same kind of bashing that others have been but some of Redknapp's comments about the fans are really quite stupid.

People forget where Tottenham should be at times

This is not an acceptable comment, in any context. I have never heard Ferguson or Wenger for example, two significantly more successful managers, in their combined 41 years at Man utd and Arsenal, ever say anything like that. Even though both of them, at various points in their career at those clubs, have come under great pressure.

There is no place we 'should' be. We should be where our finances dictate, where we deserve based on playing squad and performances.

No way Harry should be sacked imo.

But those comments are not good at all. The whole "Tottenham should be mid table" isn't what fans want to hear, I don't understand how it's what the players or Levy wants to hear either. The only person in the world this makes look good is Harry Reknapp, as if he miraculously turned a mid table side into a top 4 side. When it's followed by "our form is not poor" it seems to me quite obviously as a deflection of the real issue. Our league form is in fact poor, like it was at this point last season, it is a problem. Harry should accept and take responsibility for that problem, not deflect it and make excuses for himself.

Well imo, it would be a f#cking catastrophe to sack Redknapp now. In fact, it would rank as the most pathetic decision any chairman has made in the history of football, imo.

Not really tbh.

He's managed 1 win, 3 draws and 4 loses in our last 8 games which is not even good for a relegation threatend team. Add to that his disgraceful comment AND the fact that he's looking to leave at the end of the season anyway. Yeh he can leave.

I don't think Redknapp, for all his pros, is very good at accepting responsibility.

he isnt, but not many managers are....Ferguson blames the refs, Wenger never saw it, Mancini spends another billion, Benitez talks about facts, Mourinho blames the New World Order, none of them come out and say "look, i got it wrong"

I think its done and dusted. And that last line makes me believe it even more.

"and I've left them with the strongest squad in the league, outside of Manchester."

Not, and they (GHod forbid he said 'we') have the strongest squad....
Possibly, a slip of the tongue, but that tells me, just like somebody selling their house, in his mind he's already moved on

Time will tell, could you imagine him going around the world, with his mouth he would start an international incident lol, He can barely read and write you know, on a serious note the FA want a coach and for me Redknap does not fit that description, he will get that job only through media clamour.

The time for sacking Redknapp has passed. So little time left now that we may as well ride out the last few matches, accept the FA compensation and make a proper appointment in the summer.

Time will tell, could you imagine him going around the world, with his mouth he would start an international incident lol, He can barely read and write you know, on a serious note the FA want a coach and for me Redknap does not fit that description, he will get that job only through media clamour.

agree

That's what Fergie was probably getting at in his comments that the FA are facing a potential backlash, i.e. Harry might not be the appointment they want but it's the one they have to make.

he isnt, but not many managers are....Ferguson blames the refs, Wenger never saw it, Mancini spends another billion, Benitez talks about facts, Mourinho blames the New World Order, none of them come out and say "look, i got it wrong"

True, but none of them say "no no, we're doing great, the club is actually over performing currently - there is no poor form". And actually Mourinho is renowned for bringing pressure on to himself instead of his players.

Not really tbh.

He's managed 1 win, 3 draws and 4 loses in our last 8 games which is not even good for a relegation threatend team. Add to that his disgraceful comment AND the fact that he's looking to leave at the end of the season anyway. Yeh he can leave.

Not the time in my opinion. If there were some emergency manager available, like when Chelsea brought in Hiddink a couple of years ago then maybe it would be a decent idea, but I don't think there is.

Mourinho also brings all the pressure on himself to deflect it away from the team and club. Ferguson will often say that he got it wrong and that the other team deserved to win, even if there are often comments about the ref in there as well. And none of them ever say we're above where the club should be. Mancini's never come out and said City weren't even in this league 10 years ago. Ferguson hasn't said Man Utd had 7 league titles when I got here. Benitez didn't say well I won this club the European cup etc etc.

I don't see what purpose sacking Harry would serve; reads back too much like 'ah well, we're fudged...so lets fudge ourselves even more!'.

We've five league games left. We all want to win those games and secure Champions League. Well, sacking the manager and generating huge instability isn't going to achieve that. Yes we were holding 3rd for a long time, but just because we're now 4th doesn't mean that we must cut our noses off to spite our face.

I also find it a bit odd, that there are some on here who take 'the fall from 3rd' as justification to bash Harry Redknapp. Okay, so which manager actually put us in the position in the first place? Oh, it was Harry Redknapp. So, let me just get this straight: you want to sack the manager who put the club in a seriously strong position in the first place?

Riiiiiiight - genius :-s

Back