• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
I can't be bothered,mate. They were interviewing him in his office at the training ground. "I want at least 3rd....blah blah blah" Obviously we were 10 clear at that point. He wasn't saying people forget where Tottenham should be then i can assure you. He's come out with that because,at this point in time,it looks like we are going to balls it up completely.

If we finish 5th he will say it's been a good season,you watch.[/QUOTE]

Along with the quote " this is as good as it gets" that is what is beging to turn previous supporters of Redknapp against him, at least among the supporters who sit around me. Why should that be true, we have a squad who can push us higher and for the manager to say something like that is out of order. Forget about the 10point lead its his whole attitude to the fans that stinks, he started years ago while at Portsmouth by calling us racists when the songs were sung about Cadbell and he has since called fans idiots on more then one occasion.

He is not going to get the England job and he is not going to take us any higher ( that is my opinion; others may disagree)

"Should" is a strong word. It puts us in our place. We should be grateful for punching above our weight and dining on wagu beef the last few seasons and not complain when Henry serves us slop for tea.

I also don't like the word "they". Is he Tottenham or not?
Any quote taken out of context, from print and away from the initial question is never scrupulous but Harry refers to Tottenham far more as 'us' or 'we'.

He seems to refer to the fans when he says 'they' and in light of the bipolar nature of the crowd, has every reason to view 'them' as separate from the actual team.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7670395/

"People forget where Tottenham should be at times," Redknapp said. "They have won two Carling Cups since 1991, the average finishing position until four or five years ago was probably about 10th - our form is fantastic.

So...we should be 10th....with the off carling cup run.

fudge right off you bent tossstain.

That bit right there is the one that I will never be able to forgive. That's is a low blow and thats coming from the fudging manager himself. Absolutely no class or respect at all.

None of what he's said is particularly outrageous, new or untrue.

I agree.

We have a great squad, yes. But after one exciting year in the Champions League, it's like some fans expect us to finish in the top four EVERY year. The fact we were 10 points clear in 3rd and we could now potentially finish as low as 6th this season says it all.

How many more times? Poor late form costs us.

Tottenham dip late in season. Yet again.

This time its been catestrophic, from such a commanding position, and its cost us our best opportunity to finish in a high berth in the Premiership and to wave the THFC flag in those N5 tacos faces. ABOVE THEM. Rub their noses in it. Its spectacularly fudging up on a commanding position of 10 points clear of The Filth, in only a few weeks, to now trailing them, which irks people so much. It irks me MASSIVELY. The collapse is appaling, and is certainly the issue which is unacceptable, IMHO.

CL is where its at, but I would love us to win the FA Cup too. It is about glory, but to suceed in both of those competitions is glorious. A CL place is glory too.

How many times have I heard it lately that Man Utd are 'programmed ' to perform in March and April. If they can, why not THFC? We do the opposite.

The difference between the two is what precisely? I rather think its the management, and the standard-bearer of that is Mr Redknapp in the case of THFC. So the blow of recent poor form is down to him and his management team, squarely, IMHO. Who else? The tea lady?

I have not heard SAF claim that that mid-table blandness is good enough for MUFC. Not ever. Its not good enough for THFC either, Mr Redknapp, so any indication of that being acceptable is not acceptable by THFC fans. Unless you are a Gooner in disguise.

Mr Redknapp might also find, before long, that such lowly expectations and rankings will be unacceptable when in the England manager job too. In fact he might find the brickstorm brews rather quicker than league football.

Leeds Spur is quite right with his postings. We can both see behind the mask. Redknapp is not a top flite Premiership manager IMHO.

Out of interest, are some Redknapp apologists on this MB, members/employees of Spurs, or chums of Redknapp? Judging by some of the absurd defensive comments about Redknapp on this MB in this thread, they must be. Talk about defending the undefendable. Still, fiddle whilst Rome burns people.

And yes, I desperately want Spurs to win the FA Cup. 20+ years is too long. I want the best for Spurs, and that is THE TOP.

Someone should be emailing the club about those quotes from him.

And be replied to asking where they have been for the last 20 years ?

FFS this is a joke trying to take everything Redknapp says out of context or exaggerate it. You know full well what he means, its not that bad. It seems people are going to any lengths to have a go at HR, no matter how silly/petty they look.

And in case you didnt understand his point, he is saying for 20 years we have been mid table, you dont jump to title winners over night. Therefore "people forget where they should be" quite clearly means at this moment in time we should be progressing from a consistent mid table to a consistent top 5, and then hopefully in the future to top 3. So if you had given harry a plan when he joined, our current position is spot on for where we should be.

Last edited:
And be replied to asking where they have been for the last 20 years ?

FFS this is a joke trying to take everything Redknapp says out of context or exaggerate it. You know full well what he means, its not that bad. It seems people are going to any lengths to have a go at HR, no matter how silly/petty they look.

And in case you didnt understand his point, he is saying for 20 years we have been mid table, you dont jump to title winners over night. Therefore "people forget where they should be" quite clearly means at this moment in time we should be progressing from a consistent mid table to a consistent top 5, and then hopefully in the future to top 3. So if you had given harry a plan when he joined, our current position is spot on for where we should be.

'People forget where they should be'

Not way that can be misinterpreted.

Willful ignorance.

The top quote is worse than the second one. The idea that we should be averaging 10th place. Absolutely ridiculous considering the money we spend.

"So you can get too carried away with where you should be and who you are. If we want to maintain that next year and the year after, you've got to keep improving."

If you, or anyone else reads the entire quote, and decides from that he means we are a 10th place team or should be in 10th place, then you really need to learn how to read a sentence, and logically piece it together to gain an overall perspective.

Most posters on here can, and have. There are a few who Im not surprised in any way, cant, or refuse to.

As a decent poster ModricTHFC, be careful not to fall into that group. Just read, and listen to what he actually said, and dont take one line out of an entire interview, and view in the context you choose, just to make Redknapp look bad. It's really, really pointless.

Probably not. But English is his second language as well don't forget.

:ross:

So every English manager should be a childhood supporter of the club they manage?

In the same interview he says "they", he also says "us" and "we", several times. In fact, he say those words more.

More agenda driven nonsense against him.

I dreamt about Redknapp last night. Was walking down the street with him and said that I post on a forum and said that all of us love him for what he has done and would not begrudge him for leaving for England. He said thanks but he doesn't know what to do, then said when he does leave and gets loads of money he will give me some shares in spurs.

I have no idea what this means or of this worth, but I must either be a pussy or I still love Redknapp

Its not about what we used to be, it's what we currently are. Yes through the late 90's and early 00's we were mediocre brick. But after that we have steadily progressed and have become one of the challengers for a cl spot on a regular basis. I for one have enjoyed the ride. One of the reasons i broke my account and went to Milano so i could watch my beloved Spurs in a CL match. Getting 4th place is one of the brightest highlights of my entire life. I will forever be grateful and love Redknapp for that.

Before we appointed him i did not like him at all, but he grew on me and I think he overall has done a great job, but he's not messiah or a wizard of some sort. I think other managers could've taken us even further.

Before the season I had us at 5th place challenging for 4th, so in that sense i should be happy now. But i'm really not. Losing 3rd place when we had so many points in hand is a disgrace IMO. You have to adjust your ambitions after your current level and progression. As Harry deserves praise when its going good he also really deserves some stick when it's going bad like now. Its almost like that late 90's side again :p

IMO his comments in the media are a disgrace, kind of "they were brick, I have done a t'rrrific job"

Its simple really, Redknap talks too much, he always has, I also still think that he will not be offered the England job, where will that leave him, will the fans still love him the same next season?

Its simple really, Redknap talks too much, he always has, I also still think that he will not be offered the England job, where will that leave him, will the fans still love him the same next season?

I think its done and dusted. And that last line makes me believe it even more.

"and I've left them with the strongest squad in the league, outside of Manchester."

Not, and they (GHod forbid he said 'we') have the strongest squad....
Possibly, a slip of the tongue, but that tells me, just like somebody selling their house, in his mind he's already moved on

I think its done and dusted. And that last line makes me believe it even more.

"and I've left them with the strongest squad in the league, outside of Manchester."

Not, and they (GHod forbid he said 'we') have the strongest squad....
Possibly, a slip of the tongue, but that tells me, just like somebody selling their house, in his mind he's already moved on

Im still to find a source (other than Wriggly and LeedSpur) where he said that. Can someone post it, as I havent read it in one single article, and its not on the nine minute Talksport audio either

That quote about the strongest club outside manchester is not on Sky, BBC, The Independant, Talksport (audio or written article), F365, Teamtalk, ESPN

Back