• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
"Should" is a strong word. It puts us in our place. We should be grateful for punching above our weight and dining on wagu beef the last few seasons and not complain when Henry serves us slop for tea.

I also don't like the word "they". Is he Tottenham or not?

He aint Spurs, that is for certain.

He gave himself away there.

Don't want to align myself with the anti Redknapp phalanx, but it's tinkled me off from day 1 how Harry's always referred to us as "they", i've never heard any manager talk about their team like that before and I'm sure Harry hasn't said that about previous clubs he's been at.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Premier+League/Tottenham+Hotspur/All+Sources

Got bored of reading the same quotes from dozens of sources. Could find zero quotes where he said:

"I even got Champions League one season, something they'd never had! That was their highest finish for nearly 20 years! When I went there they had 2 points from 8 games and the squad was the biggest mess you'd ever seen. Absolutely all over the place. We got 7th that season and I've left them with the strongest squad in the league, outside of Manchester."

Starting to think it was made up.

Don't want to align myself with the anti Redknapp phalanx, but it's tinkled me off from day 1 how Harry's always referred to us as "they", i've never heard any manager talk about their team like that before and I'm sure Harry hasn't said that about previous clubs he's been at.

Are you sure, or is that just a massive assumption?

that's never bothered me at all - it's always been like that, he is a man who see's it as a job and only concern is himself - i would be more concerned if he felt the need to be false and start talking like he has an affinity with the club, or the fans just to appease people.

what i don't like is that he tries to belittle the club to try and escape the fact that he has had a disastrous last month or so and could well have blown what may have been a great season. but it is something he has done throughout his career so i am not surprised - take the credit for the successes and shift the blame for the failures - pretty standard Redknapp really

"It's about time we won another trophy.

"This is a great opportunity for us to go all the way this year. On our day we can beat Chelsea. We can beat anyone."

I can't be bothered,mate. They were interviewing him in his office at the training ground. "I want at least 3rd....blah blah blah" Obviously we were 10 clear at that point. He wasn't saying people forget where Tottenham should be then i can assure you. He's come out with that because,at this point in time,it looks like we are going to balls it up completely.

If we finish 5th he will say it's been a good season,you watch.

If we finish 5th he will say it's been a good season,you watch.

I reckon he will too. But I just think think its strange that people hang off his every last word (right down to him saying us or they), yet next time, dismiss his words as meaningless babble, and you should never listen to a word he says etc etc etc

Which one is it?

Ok found it: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...spurs-dry-run-for-harry-redknapp-7643924.html

Here is the quote:
"People forget where Tottenham should be at times – two Carling Cup wins since 1991, the average finishing position until four or five years ago was probably about 10th. So you can get too carried away with where you should be and who you are. If we want to maintain that next year and the year after, you've got to keep improving."

Still cant find this part anywhere:
"I even got Champions League one season, something they'd never had! That was their highest finish for nearly 20 years! When I went there they had 2 points from 8 games and the squad was the biggest mess you'd ever seen. Absolutely all over the place. We got 7th that season and I've left them with the strongest squad in the league, outside of Manchester."

Ok found it: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...spurs-dry-run-for-harry-redknapp-7643924.html

Here is the quote:
"People forget where Tottenham should be at times – two Carling Cup wins since 1991, the average finishing position until four or five years ago was probably about 10th. So you can get too carried away with where you should be and who you are. If we want to maintain that next year and the year after, you've got to keep improving."

Still cant find this part anywhere:

The top quote is worse than the second one. The idea that we should be averaging 10th place. Absolutely ridiculous considering the money we spend.

Last edited:
I've always been a big Harry supporter, but this latest tirade on top with his tactical fudge ups in the last few games have got me close to snapping. Just want him to go now. Will always be grateful for what he has done for us but it's time to move on. 3 out of 4 seasons now we've dipped badly on the final run and it's cost us, he's taken us as far as he can, but this club and these players can certainly go further.

Back