• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Sadly looking at some of the posts on here over the last few months, not as absurd as it initially appears. I have always suspected there are many people who often view Spurs wins with a bittersweet attitude. Not just from this Manager, but plenty from the past too.

I can't say I have seen anything to suggest that. Anyone who would be happy to see us lose just so they can have a pop at the manager is a fool.

You are entitled to think what you want, but in all honestly, the way you are going about making your point does you little credit. There might be people who see your point, but would run a mile from backing your stance, simply because you are sounding like a violent child. And (to quote Mick Cooper at his finest), the pet monkeys you have aquired, who are hanging off your every post, are not exactly the people Id want backing me.

In fact, the more you guys post, the more I am thankful that I seem to have such differing opinions and values to you lot. Id be ashamed of myself if I found myself with an ounce of agreement to anything you've said in this thread.

Awful behaviour, in my honest opinion.

You see, I really don't give a flying fudge what you think. I don't seek your approval, or welcome it.

My post a couple of pages back says what I feel, I back up my opinion with analysis of the squad.

Now jog on and congratulate yourself on what fine Spurs fan you are, so so superior.

No doubt Chelsea are past their peak. But that doesn't mean they aren't the best side in the country (or at least should be). A lot of their players are underperforming in my opinion.

Cech vs Friedel = Cech
Ivanevic vs Walker = Ivanevic
Sideshow Bob vs Dawson = Dawson
Terry vs Gallas or King = Terry (sadly)
Cole vs Ekotto = Cole
Mata vs Lennon = Mata
Lampard vs VDV = Lampard
Essien vs Parker = Parker
Ramires vs Modric = Modric
Malouda vs Bale = Bale
Drogba vs Ade = Drogba

Spurs fans won't want to admit that mind you.....

not quite sure how you can say Drogba over Adebayor this season - Adebayor has 25 goals & assists - 3rd highest in the league whilst Drogba has seemingly hit the downward spiral this year (injuries included in that) which makes it a more even 6/5 split - and even then based on this seasons form some of your appraisals are arguable off

but that's besides the point as i said Chelsea aren't the best side in the league (on paper) - not that we are better than them, although i think we are a better team than them at this point in time (our seasons best vs their seasons best)

On paper i would have said City have the best squad

Followed by Utd and Chelsea and us

Then arse and Saudi Sportswashing Machine and pool

See, whilst you're keen to tow the line and parrot the usual defeatist brick, i'm happy to go it alone and say what I think.

The fact that you seem to disapprove tells me I must be right since what you know about anything can clearly be written on the back o a postage stamp.

Now prove you REALLY don't care by not commenting directly to me ever again.

I know you can't.

And for those who actually care what he actually said. From BBC

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp is determined to end his club's 21-year wait for FA Cup glory this season.

Spurs, who won the last of their eight FA Cups in 1991, face Chelsea in the semi-final on Sunday and Redknapp said: "It's about time we won another trophy.

"This is a great opportunity for us to go all the way this year. On our day we can beat Chelsea. We can beat anyone.

"There is not a lot between the two teams, but they have the medals to show for it."
Continue reading the main story

“They [Tottenham] are a hard team to beat. Harry Redknapp is a fantastic manager and he has turned them into a real force this season so it will be a tough game.”

Spurs are fourth in the Premier League, two points ahead of Chelsea, but have won only one of their last eight games.

"We were in a fantastic position but have ended up losing points," said Redknapp.

"Arsenal have been on a great run and picked up win after win and that's what has changed - but I'd have taken this position at the start of the year for sure.

"People forget where Tottenham should be at times.

"They have won two Carling Cups since 1991 and the average finishing position until four or five years ago was probably about 10th."

Redknapp guided the team to Champions League football in the 2010-11 season and is confident of doing so again, but insists new recruits are needed.

"If we want Champions League football again we need to improve the squad again in the summer," the 65-year-old said. "You have to keep improving because everyone else around us will.

"If you want to start winning championships then you really have to push on and raise the bar because that's the only way you are going to do it.

"You just need to keep adding a little bit of quality to your squad. We need to bring one or two top quality players in and make us even better."

See, whilst you're keen to tow the line and parrot the usual defeatist brick, i'm happy to go it alone and say what I think.

The fact that you seem to disapprove tells me I must be right since what you know about anything can clearly be written on the back o a postage stamp.

Now prove you REALLY don't care by not commenting directly to me ever again.

I know you can't.

If you dont want me to respond to you, put me on ignore (like Wriggly did :-k), or dont quote me. I dont mind responding to people...Im not scared of heated discussion. In my opinion, only pussies request you dont talk to them.

And for those who actually care what he actually said. From BBC

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp is determined to end his club's 21-year wait for FA Cup glory this season.

Spurs, who won the last of their eight FA Cups in 1991, face Chelsea in the semi-final on Sunday and Redknapp said: "It's about time we won another trophy.

"This is a great opportunity for us to go all the way this year. On our day we can beat Chelsea. We can beat anyone.

"There is not a lot between the two teams, but they have the medals to show for it."
Continue reading the main story

“They [Tottenham] are a hard team to beat. Harry Redknapp is a fantastic manager and he has turned them into a real force this season so it will be a tough game.”

Spurs are fourth in the Premier League, two points ahead of Chelsea, but have won only one of their last eight games.

"We were in a fantastic position but have ended up losing points," said Redknapp.

"Arsenal have been on a great run and picked up win after win and that's what has changed - but I'd have taken this position at the start of the year for sure.

"People forget where Tottenham should be at times.

"They have won two Carling Cups since 1991 and the average finishing position until four or five years ago was probably about 10th."[

Redknapp guided the team to Champions League football in the 2010-11 season and is confident of doing so again, but insists new recruits are needed.

"If we want Champions League football again we need to improve the squad again in the summer," the 65-year-old said. "You have to keep improving because everyone else around us will.

"If you want to start winning championships then you really have to push on and raise the bar because that's the only way you are going to do it.

"You just need to keep adding a little bit of quality to your squad. We need to bring one or two top quality players in and make us even better."

That comment was just unacceptable from a Tottenham manager.
I'm still shocked the prick said it.

If you dont want me to respond to you, put me on ignore (like Wriggly did :-k), or dont quote me. I dont mind responding to people...Im not scared of heated discussion. In my opinion, only pussies request you dont talk to them.

Pussy...yeh Ok pal..

Who was talking about internet hard men?

Clownshoes galore round here tody.

Well where should we be?

Exactly where we are and have been pretty much since Jol came in. Top 6. In europe every season. Getting to the latter stages of the Cups.
We have the 5th highest income in the League and 12th highest in Europe. Our performances should reflect the money we're taking in.

"Should" is a strong word. It puts us in our place. We should be grateful for punching above our weight and dining on wagu beef the last few seasons and not complain when Henry serves us slop for tea.

I also don't like the word "they". Is he Tottenham or not?

Exactly where we are and have been pretty much since Jol came in. Top 6. In europe every season. Getting to the latter stages of the Cups.
We have the 5th highest income in the League and 12th highest in Europe. Our performances should reflect the money we're taking in.

And we are top 6, and have been in every full season of Redknapps reign. But people want his head for failing?

So, what was so unacceptable about what he said?

"Should" is a strong word. It puts us in our place. We should be grateful for punching above our weight and dining on wagu beef the last few seasons and not complain when Henry serves us slop for tea.

I also don't like the word "they". Is he Tottenham or not?

I'll ask you then, where do you think we should be?

Quote from his interview on talksport this morning...

"I even got Champions League one season, something they'd never had! That was their highest finish for nearly 20 years! When I went there they had 2 points from 8 games and the squad was the biggest mess you'd ever seen. Absolutely all over the place. We got 7th that season and I've left them with the strongest squad in the league, outside of Manchester."

As far as I can make out this part is made up. Its not on the audio, or any quotes I can find

Back