• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Basically it's time to start being tactically astute. Look at the individual games for what they are.

fudge me, what do I know, Harry's the "fackin' football manager".

This thread is a complete joke. Almost departed.

Even if Harry loses his last 5 games at the club, his time would have been a success. We are only in the position we are because of him, without him we wouldnt be challenging for these spots.

Yes the last 8 games have been terrible, but he has been here 4 years and been excellent overall. There are people in this thread who have never given him credit no matter what he has done. If you aren't going to give him credit when he deserves it, dont come in here and give criticism - its just unbalanced rubbish and makes your opinion worthless.

Best manager at the club in my life time. Threads like these embarrass clubs and get fans reputations. Remember all the laughing at the anti-wenger threads people found?

And, just to add we could still finish 4th and win the FA cup, making it the best season since the 80's. The thing Redknapp deserves credit for though is turning round a club that no one else was able to, not club legends or "tactical" foreign managers. He even did it with a squad that the previous manager was fighting relegation with.

He might be the best manager yes, but the problem is he is making simple mistakes that the majority of fans and pundits can see but he cannot. I forgive him for losing if he picks the correct team and they play well and lose but if we go into the game with obviously incorrect tactics such as yesterday and against arsenal you cannot forgive someone if they are being paid a couple of million a year to manage a team. Also I think it would have been a success had we been in 6th place fighting for top four but achieving 5th as it shows we fought for it and finished higher than where we were for the majority of the season. However the fact is we were 3rd and our own tactical errors has made us drop down to 4/5th; that is a failure.

Last edited:
he's done an amazing job overall, but he hasn't learned anything, we've hit the same wall we hit last year and he appears clueless as to how we turn it around

Also for what its worth I've got a work colleague, palace fan so no real rivalry, who's brother is an agent. Apparently Redknapp is a bit paranoid that he hasn't been offered the England job yet. He thinks it may have been offered to other people before him. Maybe this is why he looks so edgy recently?

No, that means what it means. We let a better position slip. It wouldn't mean it was a bad season. Are we really now saying the difference between 3rd and 4th is the difference between good and bad seasons? Christ on a bike! I'm not a major Redknapp fan. I have got some stick for making a mild critic of his performance in the market and saying that we need to do better on this front... but he hasn't lost it altogether as a manager overnight. We've been here before and he has turned it around. It may that this time he lets it slip altogether, in which case, it is time to move on. But I'm not writing him off yet.

I'm a massive Redknapp fan. He's just lost his head recently.

This season's been very bad as we haven't met our potential

he is making simple mistakes that the majority of fans and pundits can see but he cannot. I forgive him for losing if he picks the correct team and they play well and lose but if we go into the game with obviously incorrect tactics such as yesterday and against arsenal you cannot forgive someone if they are being paid a couple of million a year to manage a team.

True... but the bizarre thing is he CAN see it. Apparently he sits back in his seat and thinks "we look way too open, they're gonna score in a minute, I should really change things around because if we carry on like this we'll get beaten"

Er...!

He even did it with a squad that the previous manager was fighting relegation with.

Ah yes, I remember us riding into 4th with Pav, Darren Bent and Frazier Campbell up front! :p Lets be clear, when the previous season we had something like the squad that Redknapp had available after his first winter window, we were steered clear of relegation and won our first trophy in 8 years! The chairman takes a lot of the blame for ruining that promising situation by then selling our two main forwards and tinkling about until late on, ONCE AGAIN, before getting in their 'replacements', if Frazier Campbell could be called that. And I don't think he has made Redknapp's job any easier either.

He even did it with a squad that the previous manager was fighting relegation with.

Massive overstatement. First off Ramos had 2 points from 8 games, but we weren't fudging West Ham, we had a squad that before the sales of Berba and Keane won the CC the season before that and we had plenty of the players left that finished 5th under Jol.

Secondly, in his first transfer window after taking over he was given around ?ú45m to spend on Palacios, Defoe and Keane. Summer window following that he spent around ?ú20m on Crouch, Bassong and Kranjcar as well as somewhere around ?ú8m on Walker and Naughton. That's not pocket change.

You make some good points about supporting Harry and being grateful for what he's done, but this kind of overstatement takes away from the rest of your points.

I think our biggest problem is that when the star players don't perform, like today, we turn into headless chickens, because there's absolutely no system to fall back on; nothing but vapour. I'm afraid that can only be laid at Redknapp's door.
Agree...no Plan B...'off the cuff' football will only get you so far, also I would look at the fitness levels of the playing staff as we have 14-15 players who look as if they are "running on empty"

Agree...no Plan B...'off the cuff' football will only get you so far, also I would look at the fitness levels of the playing staff as we have 14-15 players who look as if they are "running on empty"

Tactics, fitness, man management...If you're only good at one of these and then media hype causes you to forget to do that one.....

Last edited:
You don't think us blowing leads in numerous games and conceding late goals in other games cost us at all?

Of course. but the bottom line is going into the final game of the year we had our destiny in our own hands and were in 4th place. Listening to people here you'd think 4th was a dizzy height Jol could only dream of.

Massive overstatement. First off Ramos had 2 points from 8 games, but we weren't fudging West Ham, we had a squad that before the sales of Berba and Keane won the CC the season before that and we had plenty of the players left that finished 5th under Jol.

Secondly, in his first transfer window after taking over he was given around ?ú45m to spend on Palacios, Defoe and Keane. Summer window following that he spent around ?ú20m on Crouch, Bassong and Kranjcar as well as somewhere around ?ú8m on Walker and Naughton. That's not pocket change.

You make some good points about supporting Harry and being grateful for what he's done, but this kind of overstatement takes away from the rest of your points.

Wow a few different players, including some that the previous manager sold and we didnt replace. But generally it was the same players, look at the team we beat Emirates Marketing Project with to clinch CL football, mostly the same. Ramos could have built that squad if he wanted, there was no superstar that HR signed that changed our fortune.

It really was a similar quality squad. No overstatement at all, Redknapp did it with the same resources as Ramos.

Wow a few different players, including some that the previous manager sold and we didnt replace. But generally it was the same players, look at the team we beat Emirates Marketing Project with to clinch CL football, mostly the same. Ramos could have built that squad if he wanted, there was no superstar that HR signed that changed our fortune.

It really was a similar quality squad. No overstatement at all, Redknapp did it with the same resources as Ramos.

?ú65m spent in two transfer window and no real improvement in squad quality? That's some damnation of Redknapp and his transfer dealings. Would be shocking if true, and blatantly not true in my opinion seeing as Crouch and Defoe formed a very good partnership, Palacios did an excellent job for us until the tragedy with his brother and Bassong did a good job covering at the back.

Add to that Bale emerging and Modric having some time to settle into the Premier League and it was a clearly improved squad from what Jol got 5th with and a clearly improved squad from what Ramos underperformed with.

He might be the best manager yes, but the problem is he is making simple mistakes that the majority of fans and pundits can see but he cannot. I forgive him for losing if he picks the correct team and they play well and lose but if we go into the game with obviously incorrect tactics such as yesterday and against arsenal you cannot forgive someone if they are being paid a couple of million a year to manage a team. Also I think it would have been a success had we been in 6th place fighting for top four but achieving 5th as it shows we fought for it and finished higher than where we were for the majority of the season. However the fact is we were 3rd and our own tactical errors has made us drop down to 4/5th; that is a failure.

No. Just no.

Most of the games we have lost we could have won, but players made mistakes. General play hasnt been too bad. But its easy to sit here and say its mistakes fans can spot AFTER it's happened. I skim through most posts, HR has actually played the team that a LOT of his main critics on here wanted him to play.

Do we forget all the good he did to get us into 3rd ? Should we rave about the tactics from those games ?

It seems to be "we were 3rd and now Harry's mistakes have dropped us to 4th" .... errr... we were also 3rd because of Harry then. Cant have it both ways.

No matter how you look at it, for every "mistake" that Harry has apparently made, there will also be a time where he has done something excellent.

?ú65m spent in two transfer window and no real improvement in squad quality? That's some damnation of Redknapp and his transfer dealings. Would be shocking if true, and blatantly not true in my opinion seeing as Crouch and Defoe formed a very good partnership, Palacios did an excellent job for us until the tragedy with his brother and Bassong did a good job covering at the back.

Add to that Bale emerging and Modric having some time to settle into the Premier League and it was a clearly improved squad from what Jol got 5th with and a clearly improved squad from what Ramos underperformed with.

But Ramos also had a large amount of money available. Plus I dont count Defoe and Keane in his signings, he just had them back when the previous managers also had them.

Harry bought some squad players in but Ramos could have done that. The core players were the same. Yes Crouch and Palacios were excellent, no fans or Ramos wanted them though did they ?

Bale and Modric improved under Harry, he got them playing. Thats my point, same players who werent doing it almost instantly were.

Spurs are traditionally a club where managers/players under perform, so even if he did what he should do then thats a plus point.

But Ramos also had a large amount of money available. Plus I dont count Defoe and Keane in his signings, he just had them back when the previous managers also had them.

Harry bought some squad players in but Ramos could have done that. The core players were the same. Yes Crouch and Palacios were excellent, no fans or Ramos wanted them though did they ?

Bale and Modric improved under Harry, he got them playing. Thats my point, same players who werent doing it almost instantly were.

Spurs are traditionally a club where managers/players under perform, so even if he did what he should do then thats a plus point.

Defoe and Keane, around a ?ú30m investment in the first team, but that just doesn't count?

Sorry, I can't take this discussion seriously anymore.

You're departed.

We finished 5th twice, once losing 4th spot due to food poisoning on the last day of the season.

Ergo Harry hasn't performed miracles at all.

Maybe your head was too far up your ass and you missed what happened before Harry joined. We finished bottom half of the table and then hadnt won a game and didnt look like winning in the first 8 games of the next season.

Did you forget that ?

I've told you this on the random forum, if you are going to try and embarrass people, make sure you know what you are talking about. Once again you've tried to correct me and look stupid.

Defoe and Keane, around a ?ú30m investment in the first team, but that just doesn't count?

Sorry, I can't take this discussion seriously anymore.

Because they were there before. What part of that don't you understand ? Ramos also had them (along with Berbatov) for half his time. Im comparing HR with previous managers, who also had Defoe and Keane (and Berbatov). Therefore its of little relevance to say he signed Defoe and Keane as if he had 2 major players that previous managers didnt.

Is that clear enough?

Back