• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Everyone who is slagging Redknapp off is seeing it wrong, he is a great manager and who knows he may even win his second trophy in over 30 years of being a manager this season :p

To add, Wenger won 3 league titles and single handedly made Arsenal play some of the best football ever in the Premier LEague's history.

Went a season undefeated.

To compare his achievements to Harry's is well, retarded.

You're an embarrassment to the human race if you can't understand that.

I know you aren't the sharpest tool, but come on.

I was making the point fans look silly jumping on a bad spell when the manager is widely recognised as having done a good job at the club.

When Arsenal fans were saying sack Wenger, the rest of the football world were thinking they are crazy, hes a good manager having a bad run. Now look at them.

Now to spell it out, I was making the comparison with HR in the sense that he HAS done a really good job at Spurs. He is having a bad spell and suddenly the fans in this thread are acting like hes the worst manager ever and has completely failed at Spurs for 4 years. Outside of the club fans will be thinking how well he has done at Spurs but is now on a bad run. Thats the comparison, not that he has won a similar amount of trophies.

Now I suggest you go and take your pills and forget about this thread..

Everyone who is slagging Redknapp off is seeing it wrong, he is a great manager and who knows he may even win his second trophy in over 30 years of being a manager this season :p

Its 1 more major trophy than any other manager of those clubs have won during his career.

And conversely, it could be so much worse. We could be Liverpool.

Where's the harm in being grateful for that which you actually achieve; why pine over that which, perhaps, you were never meant to? I'd take the FA Cup and qualification for the Champions League ANY SEASON. That's success, and a LOT more than most clubs, and a LOT more than we have been used to, of recent years.

At the start of the season, I don't recall us even being spoken about as 'champions league contenders' - instead, it was Man Utd, Emirates Marketing Project, Chelsea, Arsenal and then Liverpool, having spend ?ú100m. We didn't even get a mention in that bracket.

As it turns out, we've tracked closely with the top 2 for most of the season and held a firm grip on 3rd. Recently, we've lost that grip and now our attention is very much on keeping hold of 4th. As I said, considering we weren't even spoken about as being in contention, I'd be over the moon to finish with 4th.

Certainly beats moaning about not getting 3rd, that I do know.

This and Sheikhs other posts in this thread are spot on.

4th after 33 games and in a FA Cup semi final...

And apparently Harry Redknapp has "done us over" :ross:

IQ tests for anyone who doesnt understand the concept of looking at the overall picture rather than taking sections of the season. At best this thread is 5 weeks too early.

I know you aren't the sharpest tool, but come on.

I was making the point fans look silly jumping on a bad spell when the manager is widely recognised as having done a good job at the club.

When Arsenal fans were saying sack Wenger, the rest of the football world were thinking they are crazy, hes a good manager having a bad run. Now look at them.

Now to spell it out, I was making the comparison with HR in the sense that he HAS done a really good job at Spurs. He is having a bad spell and suddenly the fans in this thread are acting like hes the worst manager ever and has completely failed at Spurs for 4 years. Outside of the club fans will be thinking how well he has done at Spurs but is now on a bad run. Thats the comparison, not that he has won a similar amount of trophies.

Now I suggest you go and take your pills and forget about this thread..

No trophies in 7 years? I think they are right to want rid. How long have they been 3 players away from winning something? Wenger can't see it and most gooners I know think they are papering over the cracks. We will be here again with arsenal and Wenger next year for sure.

So no manager has ever won a trophy at W.Ham or Southampton pray tell.

During his career (as in the time HR has been a manager).

Tell me what happened to these clubs since HR left? which one won a trophy... (infact I think all have been relegated since he left the clubs he was at).

Last edited:
Because they were there before. What part of that don't you understand ? Ramos also had them (along with Berbatov) for half his time. Im comparing HR with previous managers, who also had Defoe and Keane (and Berbatov). Therefore its of little relevance to say he signed Defoe and Keane as if he had 2 major players that previous managers didnt.

Is that clear enough?

I understood what you said, I just struggled to take it seriously.

If Harry had spent that ?ú30m on some other players then that would have been money spent to strengthen the squad? But since he bought players that had previously been at the club it somehow doesn't count as him spending a good chunk of money on improving the squad.

All I was saying was that you made it sound like Harry took a very poor squad and turned it into a CL team. This is a massive overstatement as we had a good squad already and Harry was given money to work with, how he spent that money was his decision, but he was given and spent a fairly solid amount of money no matter how you look at it. Quite a bit of that money was from the Berba transfer that Ramos never got to use by the way, one of the many reasons the team performed so poorly in that 2 points from 8 games spell.

I've had similar discussions with a Liverpool fan about how Daglish "took a squad that was battling relegation and turned them into a team performing like a top 6 team almost instantly". It was equally overstated.

But, if you still feel your representation is the best representation of reality then fair enough...

No trophies in 7 years? I think they are right to want rid. How long have they been 3 players away from winning something? Wenger can't see it and most gooners I know think they are papering over the cracks. We will be here again with arsenal and Wenger next year for sure.

Wenger leaves and it will be the best thing that could happen for Spurs. They are going to get 3rd with that team, excellent from Wenger.

I dont think its Wengers fault that he finds himself in the position of not being able to compete with Emirates Marketing Project / Utd in getting the top players. Either way at least now I hope I've successfully spelt out the point I was making, even if you dont agree.

During his career (and in the time HR has been a manager).

Tell me what happened to these clubs since HR left? which one won a trophy... (infact I think all have been relegated since he left the clubs he was at).

OK i see the point you were making now, most have been relegated you are right in fact he was still a manger at one of them when they were, of course they also hit money problems when he left, kind of makes you glad that Levy is not daft enough to let him have the purse.

And as i said he is a great manager with one trophy to show for over 30 years of being a manager.

This and Sheikhs other posts in this thread are spot on.

4th after 33 games and in a FA Cup semi final...

And apparently Harry Redknapp has "done us over" :ross:

IQ tests for anyone who doesnt understand the concept of looking at the overall picture rather than taking sections of the season. At best this thread is 5 weeks too early.

The overall picture is we have a lame duck Manager that wont be here next season failing to motivate the players and without his man management abilities has nothing else to fall back upon.

I understood what you said, I just struggled to take it seriously.

If Harry had spent that ?ú30m on some other players then that would have been money spent to strengthen the squad? But since he bought players that had previously been at the club it somehow doesn't count as him spending a good chunk of money on improving the squad.

All I was saying was that you made it sound like Harry took a very poor squad and turned it into a CL team. This is a massive overstatement as we had a good squad already and Harry was given money to work with, how he spent that money was his decision, but he was given and spent a fairly solid amount of money no matter how you look at it. Quite a bit of that money was from the Berba transfer that Ramos never got to use by the way, one of the many reasons the team performed so poorly in that 2 points from 8 games spell.

I've had similar discussions with a Liverpool fan about how Daglish "took a squad that was battling relegation and turned them into a team performing like a top 6 team almost instantly". It was equally overstated.

But, if you still feel your representation is the best representation of reality then fair enough...

It was a very small point at the end of a post. I didnt expect it to become a talking point. My main point in this thread is that people are picking on a very small segment of Harrys time at the club and arguing about it. This has happened with my post as well.

I said it was the same squad the previous manager was fighting relegation with. I didnt say it was a poor squad, but Ramos had major problems. You also forget that there was a good number of points picked up with EXACTLY the same squad, before we could sign Keane and Defoe.

PS Defoe got injured and Keane was brick. Thats how that 30 million turned out for the rest of the season. Didnt stop us flying up the table did it.

OK i see the point you were making now, most have been relegated you are right in fact he was still a manger at one of them when they were, of course they also hit money problems when he left, kind of makes you glad that Levy is not daft enough to let him have the purse.

And as i said he is a great manager with one trophy to show for over 30 years of being a manager.

This money problem point people keep making. I'm fairly sure Harry has never been the chairman at any of these clubs. Spurs dont have money problems and Harry has done a good job.

But what club doesnt have money issues. Leeds, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Liverpool, Chelsea etc etc ... they all had money issues and were taken over. Who has ever blamed the manager there ? Its always the owners... but where HR is involved he has his retarded haters and suddenly its his fault.

And lol at your laughable attempts to WUM.

You mean the post where I pointed out you forgot about a whole year ?

The one where you called me a retread and assumed I was in the wrong, when in fact you forgot about a whole year of our history.

Yes of course im going to point that out. I used to say on here a lot, "stupid people dont know they are stupid". That was a classic example.

This money problem point people keep making. I'm fairly sure Harry has never been the chairman at any of these clubs. Spurs dont have money problems and Harry has done a good job.

But what club doesnt have money issues. Leeds, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Liverpool, Chelsea etc etc ... they all had money issues and were taken over. Who has ever blamed the manager there ? Its always the owners... but where HR is involved he has his retarded haters and suddenly its his fault.

Strange that the connection to Portsmouth, Southampton, Bournmouth is Redknapp though, of course you have to have a open mind to see it, not a blinkered one. And you are right about Spurs not having money problems, its because Levy has more sense then to let Redknapp control the purse ( which is what i said earlier)

But i agree every one is being so unfair on a such a great manager who has could win his second trophy in 30 years of trying.

Last edited:
You mean the post where I pointed out you forgot about a whole year ?

The one where you called me a retread and assumed I was in the wrong, when in fact you forgot about a whole year of our history.

Yes of course im going to point that out. I used to say on here a lot, "stupid people dont know they are stupid". That was a classic example.

Come again treacle?

Come again treacle?

Go back a page. Maybe you didnt see it then.

Maybe you still dont remember, Jol wasnt the manager before HR. Ramos was.

I said HR got CL with a similar squad that the previous manager was fighting relegation with. You responded calling me a retread, telling me 2 5th places in a row.

Ramos was the manager. We finished bottom half and then didnt win a game in the first 8. Remember ?

Go back a page. Maybe you didnt see it then.

Maybe you still dont remember, Jol wasnt the manager before HR. Ramos was.

I said HR got CL with a similar squad that the previous manager was fighting relegation with. You responded calling me a retread, telling me 2 5th places in a row.

Ramos was the manager. We finished bottom half and then didnt win a game in the first 8. Remember ?

You can't really blame Ramos for finishing 11th that season. We were 18th when he took over.
Same way you can't blame Redknapp for finishing 8th the season after.

Back