• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Strange that the connection to Portsmouth, Southampton, Bournmouth is Redknapp though, of course you have to have a open mind to see it, not a blinkered one. And you are right about Spurs not having money problems, its because Levy has more sense then to let Redknapp control the purse ( which is what i said earlier)

But i agree every one is being so unfair on a such a great manager who has could win his second trophy in 30 years of trying.

He was at Southampton for 5 minutes. Please tell me which club Redknapp has ever controlled the purse ? Again its such 1 sided nonsense. Harry at a club that has money trouble, its his fault and he controlled the purse. Harry at a club with no money issues, the chairman controls the purse.

How can the guy win with logic like that ??

Someone has a closed mind and its not me. As you point out with Levy, its his responsibility to spend money, the same with any chairman. If HR is told by a chairman he can spend money, is it his fault if the club cant afford it ?

You seem to want me to blame Harry based on the fact he was at those clubs, but stop short of thinking any more.

You can't really blame Ramos for finishing 11th that season. We were 18th when he took over.
Same way you can't blame Redknapp for finishing 8th the season after.

Absolutely. But he then lost Berbatov and was a useless manager. HR also didnt have Berbatov and picked up points.

I was just pointing out Harry didnt take over from Jol in 5th place, which someone seems to think he did.

Anyway, that wasn't too difficult to knock back any point the anti redknapp lot have made.

I look forward to the morning when people with a closed mind come back into the thread and post the same bias rubbish that they cant defend.

PS Can anyone translate the phrase "Harry Redknapp has done us over" into what has actually happened. The phrase didnt even make great sense when I saw several chavs use it during the london riots. It makes even less sense in the context of Spurs losing a few football matches.

Last edited:
Well, some of these comments definitely make up for wasting an afternoon at the expense of my Masters, thanks.

Just to add, my point wasn't necessarily to defend 'Arry's tactics. He often makes decisions that I disagree with, including against Sunderland and Norwich. It was just to try and dispel (what I think is) the myth that our bad run of form has co-incided with an increased amount of chopping and changing, or a lack of Lennon. And to point out that we all (and I am probably one of the worst, as a tactics 'enthusiast') tend to immediately try and understand why we've lost a game by analysing and criticising tactical choices, when that only plays a small part in results. Equally as important IMO is confidence and, at least in terms of individual matches, a degree of luck / randomness.

Earlier on in the season we went on one of the best runs in the league, now we are on one of the worst. Our players haven't suddenly lost ability or stopped caring; we haven't made sweeping changes to the systems or lineups we play, or the consistency that we play them with. We just had a run of tough fixtures and tough luck, and are now going through a crisis in confidence. But the momentum can swing for us again, just as it has swung against us recently. Let's hope it starts against Chelsea on Sunday. As fans of this club, I really believe we have our part to play, as we represent Tottenham at least as much as the players do. Regardless of the team's performance, I hope we lift the fudging roof off at Wembley for 90 minutes, and at WHL for 180 minutes after that, to give the players back their confidence and to get our team back to winning ways. COYFS.

Well, some of these comments definitely make up for wasting an afternoon at the expense of my Masters, thanks.

Just to add, my point wasn't necessarily to defend 'Arry's tactics. He often makes decisions that I disagree with, including against Sunderland and Norwich. It was just to try and dispel (what I think is) the myth that our bad run of form has co-incided with an increased amount of chopping and changing, or a lack of Lennon. And to point out that we all (and I am probably one of the worst, as a tactics 'enthusiast') tend to immediately try and understand why we've lost a game by analysing and criticising tactical choices, when that only plays a small part in results. Equally as important IMO is confidence and, at least in terms of individual matches, a degree of luck / randomness.

Earlier on in the season we went on one of the best runs in the league, now we are on one of the worst. Our players haven't suddenly lost ability or stopped caring; we haven't made sweeping changes to the systems or lineups we play, or the consistency that we play them with. We just had a run of tough fixtures and tough luck, and are now going through a crisis in confidence. But the momentum can swing for us again, just as it has swung against us recently. Let's hope it starts against Chelsea on Sunday. As fans of this club, I really believe we have our part to play, as we represent Tottenham at least as much as the players do. Regardless of the team's performance, I hope we lift the fudging roof off at Wembley for 90 minutes, and at WHL for 180 minutes after that, to give the players back their confidence and to get our team back to winning ways. COYFS.

Another great post. You're on fire.

Absolutely. But he then lost Berbatov and was a useless manager. HR also didnt have Berbatov and picked up points.

I was just pointing out Harry didnt take over from Jol in 5th place, which someone seems to think he did.

You can't just compare Henry against Ramos and say he's done a good job because of it. You have to compare him to Jol as well. It was essentially the same squad, nay the same club, that Henry took over with as it was when Jol left it, so it's apples and apples. And Jol did a brilliant job with what he had available.

And then consider Jol didn't embarrass himself in Holland or Germany (I'm not going to have this argument again, he did brilliant at Ajax, FACT) and he's done very well at Fulham after Hughes hung them out to dry.

I'm not anti-Henry as such, I'm just pro-Jol. He made mistakes his first reign at Spurs, but come on, what's with this expectation of young managers to be the finished product anyway? I would hope he's learned a few things and is a vastly improved manager today as he was when he managed us.

Henry on the other hand, well yes he's done well for us. But he's old, he's not going to do this much longer, he obviously wants the England job, he obviously isn't passionate for the club and I have my doubts as to whether he could achieve the same level of success for the next 2 seasons at the club than he's done for the last 2.

So that's why I want Redknapp out and Jol (and only Jol ... or Mourinho) in.

If playing the best football ive ever seen in 30 years, being able to finally compete with the big boys, beating the scum regularly, the 2-3, Inter Milan et al at the Lane and almost pushing for the league... Is considered doing us over... Well frankly Harry can have my anus for the weekend

Some of you have have taken knee jerk to a new level

I couldn't give 2 donkey dingdongs and a goats ass how many "kneejerk" replies i get from this as i now feel i have enough evidence to claim that Arry Redknapp does not care if we qualify for the champions league or care about us in general really. Yes he'd obviously prefer if we do Well as it's a good reflectionon him but it's Arry over everyone in his mind. I will now state why i feel this way:

Arsenal (away) =
There is no manager in world football that would have gone 4-4-2 away to them lot in the situation we were in at the time. 10 points clear and Arsenal needing the win way way way more than us? Niko on the right? he did it imo because he knew full well he was out and there was also a slight chance we could challenge for the league so it's do or die for Arry (no consideration for whats good for the team).

United (home) =
He said earlier this season in his sun article that you'd be mad to play 4-4-2 against a team like United. I specifically remember him saying that. Oh but now he has the balls to try it out? listen i'm not saying it was right or wrong but how can you claim no team should play them 4-4-2 one minute and then suddenly decide to go 4-4-2?

Everton (away) =
Players in wrong positions throughout the game and a piece of brick first half. Oh look what happens when he plays player in the right positions in the 2nd

Stoke (home) =
Ok he gambled and it didn't pay off. It happens.

Chelsea (away) =
Sensible approach to pack the midfield. We create a lot on the break too. Arry declares that he "loves the formation we played"

Swansea (home) =
Nice team and good performance. Arry again makes it a point to state he loves the formation, it's his prefered one, we look far more solid, it suits us most.

Sunderland (away) =
A point gained playing the formation Arry loves. Again he declares "it's the best formation for us"

Norwich (home) =
Abandons his loved formation. Plays Saha? informs Livermore that he will start his first game in a long time but instructs him to play in a position that's not his prefered one. Why exactly would you go 4-4-2 and to top it all of play nobody capable enough of protecting defenders? very dosgy imo. It's not even that i'm saying it's the wrong formation but when Arry declares we finally found our stride playing his preferd formation then abandons it.

Done us over good and proper.

Over the years we have had our discussions on these boards, but what you have written here is absolutely spot on. As you know, I have always said (and known) that Harry comes first for Harry, and equally, every comment you've made is IMHO correct. I'll go a step further and say that he said post-Norwich "everyone wants me to go 4-4-2"...disgraceful. He cannot even find it in him to take it on the chin. He should be standing up and using his considerable press clout to get the message out that he feels he got it wrong but will get it right. Instead, he blames the proverbial "everyone told me"...as for the Arsenal comments, mate, i cannot tell you how much my heart sank pre-match when I saw that a) Lennon was on the bench and not on the pitch and b) that we were going 4-4-2 and not 4-5-1...I remember worrying about the Newcash 5-0, thinking it would be over-praised (they were missing Cabaye and Tiote)...in fact, the Arsenal match proved why Harry will never win the league; he cannot make the decisions necessary to get the points necessary with the necessary nous. A manager hunting the league would've gone to the deathstar and made sure (first of all) to not lose, regardless of how un-sexy it might've appeared...

As i have said many times i do not believe the FA will offer Redknapp the job, so unless Redknapp does what he usally does when the going get tough for him and walks, we are stuck with him.

I can tell you, for some at the club this would be a nightmare...there were some prayers going on last sumer as Switzerland went 2-0 up. Had they kept that score, there was every chance Crapello would've gone and everything would've happened earlier...

If Harry steadies the ship and we finish well, will the same amount of people be as outraged, and call for this embarrassing thread to be locked, as there was for the "Lets All Laugh At arsenal" thread?

Doubt it. Alot of the sentiments in here are quite frankly disturbing.

You worried what Scum fans thought when they closed the gap.....but you dont give a f#ck what the world thinks about your views on our manager. Acting like you've been deprived of your rights to glory. Some of you make me sick.

Good to see that there are still a few with a level head around here.

If Harry steadies the ship and we finish well, will the same amount of people be as outraged, and call for this embarrassing thread to be locked, as there was for the "Lets All Laugh At arsenal" thread?

Doubt it. Alot of the sentiments in here are quite frankly disturbing.

You worried what Scum fans thought when they closed the gap.....but you dont give a f#ck what the world thinks about your views on our manager. Acting like you've been deprived of your rights to glory. Some of you make me sick.

Good to see that there are still a few with a level head around here.

You will remember back in August I tried to point this stuff out. I tried last January to tell people he had spurned the chance to sign a top striker due to indecision/mind on court case, and nobody believed it. Again, back to this August, I pointed out that he had tried to flog Modric for 40 mill with a week left in the window having said he wanted him to stay and KNOWING Levy had committed not to selling him since the end of June!

Of course it's all rosy when we win, but that does not (and never has) undone the truths of his era. This team, with the right top-level manager, would be in the title race right now. RIGHT NOW. I am not being greedy, I am simply telling it as it is. Let me ask, why did he let Pienaar go back to Everton? And why did he let Bassong go/bring Nelsen in? You'd keep them BOTH if you could rotate the squad properly.

If I make you sick, I apologise...not my intention. But you cannot be blind to the man's faults...

You will remember back in August I tried to point this stuff out. I tried last January to tell people he had spurned the chance to sign a top striker due to indecision/mind on court case, and nobody believed it. Again, back to this August, I pointed out that he had tried to flog Modric for 40 mill with a week left in the window having said he wanted him to stay and KNOWING Levy had committed not to selling him since the end of June!

Of course it's all rosy when we win, but that does not (and never has) undone the truths of his era. This team, with the right top-level manager, would be in the title race right now. RIGHT NOW. I am not being greedy, I am simply telling it as it is. Let me ask, why did he let Pienaar go back to Everton? And why did he let Bassong go/bring Nelsen in? You'd keep them BOTH if you could rotate the squad properly.

If I make you sick, I apologise...not my intention. But you cannot be blind to the man's faults...

Great post - he needs to go, end off. Irrespective of whether the FA want him or not. He's peaked and would drag us down from here onwards - selfish clog with the long-terms transfer vision a mipoic mole.

@ Steff

Im not talking about criticizing him. Its justified, on many, many levels.

Im talking about some of the sentiment and venom towards him.

Edit: How fitting that someone swoops in and gives me a perfect example of the brick Im talking about - see above.

600 people have read this but 18 have responded.

Where are all the hardcore Harry bashers, who have put all their weight into Harry's "recent tinkering" as the cause of our demise?

The "square peg, square hole" posse, who think he played 4-5-1 right up until Cappello got sacked, then he tried to "do us over" by switching formation every week?

:-k

Anyway, that wasn't too difficult to knock back any point the anti redknapp lot have made.

I look forward to the morning when people with a closed mind come back into the thread and post the same bias rubbish that they cant defend.

PS Can anyone translate the phrase "Harry Redknapp has done us over" into what has actually happened. The phrase didnt even make great sense when I saw several chavs use it during the london riots. It makes even less sense in the context of Spurs losing a few football matches.

I agree,doesn't make much sense rioters shouting out "Harry Redknapp has done us over" :-k

When Arsenal fans were saying sack Wenger, the rest of the football world were thinking they are crazy, hes a good manager having a bad run. Now look at them.

Precisely. Some of the people in this thread are so very much like the Scum fans its scary.

I couldn't give 2 donkey dingdongs and a goats ass how many "kneejerk" replies i get from this as i now feel i have enough evidence to claim that Arry Redknapp does not care if we qualify for the champions league or care about us in general really. Yes he'd obviously prefer if we do Well as it's a good reflectionon him but it's Arry over everyone in his mind. I will now state why i feel this way:

Arsenal (away) =
There is no manager in world football that would have gone 4-4-2 away to them lot in the situation we were in at the time. 10 points clear and Arsenal needing the win way way way more than us? Niko on the right? he did it imo because he knew full well he was out and there was also a slight chance we could challenge for the league so it's do or die for Arry (no consideration for whats good for the team).

United (home) =
He said earlier this season in his sun article that you'd be mad to play 4-4-2 against a team like United. I specifically remember him saying that. Oh but now he has the balls to try it out? listen i'm not saying it was right or wrong but how can you claim no team should play them 4-4-2 one minute and then suddenly decide to go 4-4-2?

Everton (away) =
Players in wrong positions throughout the game and a piece of brick first half. Oh look what happens when he plays player in the right positions in the 2nd

Stoke (home) =
Ok he gambled and it didn't pay off. It happens.

Chelsea (away) =
Sensible approach to pack the midfield. We create a lot on the break too. Arry declares that he "loves the formation we played"

Swansea (home) =
Nice team and good performance. Arry again makes it a point to state he loves the formation, it's his prefered one, we look far more solid, it suits us most.

Sunderland (away) =
A point gained playing the formation Arry loves. Again he declares "it's the best formation for us"

Norwich (home) =
Abandons his loved formation. Plays Saha? informs Livermore that he will start his first game in a long time but instructs him to play in a position that's not his prefered one. Why exactly would you go 4-4-2 and to top it all of play nobody capable enough of protecting defenders? very dosgy imo. It's not even that i'm saying it's the wrong formation but when Arry declares we finally found our stride playing his preferd formation then abandons it.

Done us over good and proper.

Heres a thread you might have like to have a look at http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showthread.php?1246-False-Memories

I agree, with just three more solid players Corluka being one that we had already and better tactics this squad definately could have been in the chase for the title until the very end, our fall off has been a joke for whatever reason, the release of Corluka was madness, I think he is a better player than Walker also he compliments Lennon more, we were in a great position 2 months ago until Harry started trying to be clever and believe is own hype, I still think he will not be offered the England job either, a few shrewd buys at the close season and Redknap still here will suit me.

I agree, with just three more solid players Corluka being one that we had already and better tactics this squad definately could have been in the chase for the title until the very end, our fall off has been a joke for whatever reason, the release of Corluka was madness, I think he is a better player than Walker also he compliments Lennon more, we were in a great position 2 months ago until Harry started trying to be clever and believe is own hype, I still think he will not be offered the England job either, a few shrewd buys at the close season and Redknap still here will suit me.

With all due respect, I think this is a great example of people looking to blame anything and everything for our dip in form... release of Corluka madness? Walker may not be everyone's cup of tea, but he was starting every game during our record-breaking run. Perhaps we're lucky that Walker hasn't got injured, but I can say with some confidence that our position wouldn't be any different now if we hadn't let Corluka go out on loan.

Back