• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Not sure I can agree with that. Sunderland and Chelsea away were excellent team performances in my opinion. In fact I'd say the problem we have is that we can't win ugly. Utd in the first half of the season didn't play well at all, and yet they'd get a goal out of nothing from a set piece or a moment of brilliance. We just don't do that enough.

Are you talking about Sunderland on saturday ? "Excellent team performance" ?

I can only conclude we have different standards for "excellent".

Seeing as Harry loves taking a handful of games into isolation to prove a point (2 points from 8 games), here's a stat for him.

Had our current league form (6 points from 8 games, 8 for, 13 against) been at the start of the season Harry took over we'd be a whole one league place higher than he likes to remind us we were. We'd only be above Saudi Sportswashing Machine on goal difference because they kept getting hammered.

Interesting that he's stopped getting his friends in the media to write stories about him and the Egnland job since our performances went to brick isnt it?

Interesting that the media have stopped writing anything about England since we went brick.

Shows how fickle they are.....a couple of wins and Hodgson is the man, no wait!! Pardew!! Maybe now, Harry!?

Harry has had 4 years for me to make my mind up.

Average, very average

Seeing as Harry loves taking a handful of games into isolation to prove a point (2 points from 8 games), here's a stat for him.

Had our current league form (6 points from 8 games, 8 for, 13 against) been at the start of the season Harry took over we'd be a whole one league place higher than he likes to remind us we were. We'd only be above Saudi Sportswashing Machine on goal difference because they kept getting hammered.

This.

And now people are promoting a 0-0 draw with Sunderland as a fudging "excellent" performance.

That Kenny Dalglish'ish sort of delusions.

Redknapp's MO:

Take charge at club
Short spell of success
Make sure everyone hears what a great job you've done
Run out of ideas
Sign old players on high wages that no other manager in their right mind would want
Leave club

Leave club in financial trouble on the brink of bankrupcy

Thank fcuk for Levy

Harrys mistake was not playing Sandro today. If he knew he would have to rest him today, he shouldn't have played on Saturday.

This guy should be first on the team sheet no matter what reason being he gives 150%. With the amount of football he has had this season he could easily of played both games over easter

I've been one of Redknapp's biggest supporters on this forum the last year or so, but even my confidence in him is starting to waiver.

Our set pieces are a complete joke, which surely comes down to coaching.

Our injury record is pathetic.

He always recognises that he gets it wrong tactically AFTER the game, Swansea was one of the rare games recently where he got it spot on before the game.

I'm starting to see why fans got frustrated when he talked us up as title contenders, then has a go at the fans for being unrealistic. He's absolutely right to remind us that we haven't been CL regulars in the last 50 years, but when you raise people's expectations, what do you expect?

I love Harry, and i still want him as our manager next season.

But he has made some big mistakes in recent games, that line up vs Norwich was the worst i had seen for years. He knows we`re too open and comes out after the game saying we were too open. So why did he not change after 15 minutes? Everyone could see our formation wasnt working.

I agree with Jurgen, the set piece situation is a joke. At this level this should have changed.

Im not even sure the fa will want him to manage England now.. But i think hes the right man for the job at Tottenham, its been a very long season, and i would give him a extra year to prove his point.

Things will change quickly if we beat Chelsea on Sunday, but i think that Harry will only be a success if he finishes above Arsenal..for me anyway.

Last edited:
I love Harry, and i still want him as our manager next season.

But he has made some big mistakes in recent games, that line up vs Norwich was the worst i had seen for years. He knows we`re too open and comes out after the game saying we were too open. So why did he not change after 15 minutes? Everyone could see our formation wasnt working.

I agree with Jurgen, the set piece situation is a joke. At this level this should have changed.

Im not even sure the fa will want him to manager England now.. But i think hes the right man for the job at Tottenham, its been a very long season, and i would give him a extra year to prove his point.

Things will change quickly if we beat Chelsea on Sunday, but i think that Harry will only be a success if he finishes above Arsenal..for me anyway.

I agree. I still want him to be our manager, but there are some things at the club that need fixing.

He can start be getting rid of Tim Sherwood, Les Ferdinand and the rest of the coaching team who offer nothing and bring some proper coaches in!

i cant think of any other manager who would come out after a defeat and say that the formation was at fault and he only picked that formation because other people told him it would be a good idea.

Thats a man no longer in control. In a way its good he takes other opinions on board, but his final decision has to be his final decision and he has to back it 100% all the way, and if it goes wrong just take it on the chin, not bleat on to anyone who'll listen that the advice he took was rank and shift all the blame away from himself

Are they qualified coaches or just ex-pros (i.e. good characters to have around the place)?
Do we have a fitness coach?

Well if thats the case, someone i.e. Levy needs to tell him they ain't good enough.

What does Ferdinand do? How he didn't get sacked last season despite our strikers woeful form is beyond me! And Adebayor for all his great play, should score more goals.

Without trying to pick at you, you sound to me like the sort of person who would in that scenario take issue with Levy interfering with the managers job and the running of the team.

I could be mistaken, either way I certainly mean no offence.

Regardless, there would be plenty absolutely up in arms with the Chairman sacking off the managers staff and telling him to try again - I certainly wouldnt be impressed.

Seems quite extreme in order to keep the manager, disregard his management...

Without trying to pick at you, you sound to me like the sort of person who would in that scenario take issue with Levy interfering with the managers job and the running of the team.

I could be mistaken, either way I certainly mean no offence.

Regardless, there would be plenty absolutely up in arms with the Chairman sacking off the managers staff and telling him to try again - I certainly wouldnt be impressed.

Seems quite extreme in order to keep the manager, disregard his management...

Ok maybe not sack them without his consent, but at the very least "suggest" to Redknapp that the some of the coaches aren't performing and give him the choice of bringing new ones in as replacements.

What I don't understand is that he claims to see things during the game but doesn't do anything about it. Yesterday the team was "too open" - why not make it less open? Against Chelsea at home and Arsenal away there weren't enough in midfield - why not put put more in midfield during the game instead of talking about it afterwards?

Back