• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Is it the 3rd best team though? Recently I've been thinking that maybe we were over achieving and on paper, I think Arsenal have a better team than us....

Chelsea also you could say. so I would say we have a team still over achieving in 4th...IMO

I've been saying this all season. It's typical of our fans to blow out of all proportion any sort of run, both negative and positive.

I personally believe with the personnel they have the title should've been a comfortable two horse race this year between City and Chelsea. Utd were my choice for 3rd. Ourselves and Arsenal were the battle for 4th. Saudi Sportswashing Machine have been fantastic, and deserve all the plaudits coming their way regardless of where they end up. Quite often you have one unfancied team be in the mix (remember when we got 4th, Villa were in it until the last three or four games - now look at them!) but I thought it would be Liverpool.

So the way it's panned out is this.

Utd have done an amazing job. I rate this is as Fergie's best ever title.
City have woefully underachieved.
Chelsea are by far the season's biggest underachievers even if they do end up 4th.
Arsenal have done well and slightly over achieved, mainly down to being almost single handedly dragged up through RVP
We've done about as well as expected, but because we started strongly it doesn't feel like it.
Saudi Sportswashing Machine have done fantastically well.

Because the new points system for post modding/banning trolls isn't in place yet. There will be very stringent rules against trolling in the near future though - hopefully should clean up the quality of this forum massively.

So does that include someone accusing someone of verbally abusing people when they havent?

I can only assume people talk of a glorious Wembley day as the final ?

At this form we'll get fudging murdered by Chelsea live on TV. In fact, we'd struggle to match up with even Liverpool in a fictive final, and that's what's really sad.

Am not looking forward to the semi at all.

As someone else said: That (c*nt) Terry playing with broken ribs, that star Bale dodging every single tackle in his vicinity. There is a problem somewhere in there, surely.

So, because you cant be arsed, we should belittle Redknapp for getting there?

He needs to go - end off. Even if the FA don't want him anymore - oh, the irony, old bulldog

Levy needs to pick a man for the long run and give him the cheque book for players better than Ryan Nelsen and Louis Saha. Ridiculous.

Arry did a job to calm the ship back then and take us to a solid level. Clearly he's unable to complete the next ascend and take us where we belong quality-wise so perhaps he's reached his limitatoins - fair enough. The FA Cup would be a nice farewell and he'll be remembered as a great success.

Agree. Have always said that Harry's key stregnths (man management and getting the best out of individuals) were ideally suited to where we were when he took over (ie bottom). However his real weaknesses (any tactical accumen whatsoever, short term vision) are now holding us up. He's made some ridiculously stupid tactical decisions whilst he's been at Spurs and I really dont see how he can take us any further.

At the top of the league where teams are relatively closely matched (and especially at Cl level), games can become like chess matches where the decisions by managers over formations, rotating players, substitutions are the difference between winning and losing and those are areas where Harry is inept. Add to that the fact that he's 65 so even if he doesnt take the England job, he's never going to be interested in building something and buying players with a future and I fail how we wouldnt be better off by moving on.

Keeping Harry means that our squad will become ever more littered with 33+ year old players and loan signings and give the new guy more work to do. I hope England appoint Harry as it means that they'll pay us to take him rather than levy having to pay to fire him!

I've been saying this all season. It's typical of our fans to blow out of all proportion any sort of run, both negative and positive.

I personally believe with the personnel they have the title should've been a comfortable two horse race this year between City and Chelsea. Utd were my choice for 3rd. Ourselves and Arsenal were the battle for 4th. Saudi Sportswashing Machine have been fantastic, and deserve all the plaudits coming their way regardless of where they end up. Quite often you have one unfancied team be in the mix (remember when we got 4th, Villa were in it until the last three or four games - now look at them!) but I thought it would be Liverpool.

So the way it's panned out is this.

Utd have done an amazing job. I rate this is as Fergie's best ever title.
City have woefully underachieved.
Chelsea are by far the season's biggest underachievers even if they do end up 4th.
Arsenal have done well and slightly over achieved, mainly down to being almost single handedly dragged up through RVP
We've done about as well as expected, but because we started strongly it doesn't feel like it.
Saudi Sportswashing Machine have done fantastically well.

Agree with all that, AT THE START OF THE SEASON.

Being 13 points clear in January?

Nope.

So if we had Wenger and his management team we would be 2nd then do you think? Just asking, not trying to be lary...

Not sure, mate - but they' ve played better as a team. Much like Norwich and Swansea have done well with largerly mediocre players.

We rely on individual brilliance from VdV or a cracker from Bale. Not good enough

So, because you cant be arsed, we should belittle Redknapp for getting there?

What great teams have we beaten on our great cup run?

The fact we are at Wembley is a joke and devalues the competition.

I'm not giving ANY credit for a cup semi to Redknapp, none.

Cheltenham, Watford, Stevenage and Bolton.

BIG fudging WOW!!!

I would say Harry got massively lucky and we were very loucky to scrape past Stevenage, a League 1 team.

And Watford murdered us, we escaped with a VERY luck win.

Last edited:
What great teams have we beaten on our great cup run?

The fact we are at Wembley is a joke and devalues the competition.

I'm not giving ANY credit for a cup semi to Redknapp, none.

Like I said, if we win the FA Cup, you can complain about the easy route to the final, and belittle the manager all you want.

I dont care.

I never did. You quoted me the first time.

But I think thats the best solution for both of us. Shame, cos I actually respect the fact you think freely, despite disagreeing with alot of what you say.

Oh well, I'll add you to the growing list of people who have requested I dont reply to them (4 in total now). Two of them kind of hurts (you and African), but oh well. Its easy to be misunderstood on a forum...or maybe I am just a troll after all.

Good luck.

Agree with all that, AT THE START OF THE SEASON.

Being 13 points clear in January?

Nope.

Having had a much easier run at that stage of the season. It's all relative. It could be argued that we flattered to deceive due to having an easier run of games than our immediate rivals.

But I do believe that Redknapp has been the primary cause in our good form and bad. He just needs to go back to his 4-4-2 (or 4-4-1-1 or whatever the pedants want to call it) with the right personnel.

Not sure, mate - but they' ve played better as a team. Much like Norwich and Swansea have done well with largerly mediocre players.

We rely on individual brilliance from VdV or a cracker from Bale. Not good enough

So the answer has to be in the management. Rodgers and Lambert do seem to get the best out of their players but Harry also appeared to be able to do that to us until of late so don't think they are the answer.

Thinking about it Wenger would clearly sort us out, but not for 2 years like Harry has done for 10 years plus as he has done for the goons.

I love Harry for getting us here but we need someone like Mourinho who is a proven winner to take us to the next level. I think that was near to impossible had we been in a strong position for 3rd and get this, but I know this is impossible now seeing that it is highly unlikely we will get 3rd.

The only sensible option would be to go for Moyes, he is a very good manager and yes we may lose our flair style of play but where has that actually got us? A few plaudits for our entertaining champions league debut and a premature run for the title but we need solidarity and good mental strength.

The only thing that will go against this point is up until the City game (I think) we had a great defensive record but then it all seemed to fade away and started shipping in goals, so can't really put a finger on it.

Do we actually want our best manager in years to walk away to the England job and start over again or do we try and stick with him?

I do not know the answer anymore, but I sure did 2 months ago after the Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home game...

Last edited:
I think that if Wenger had the time with our club that Harry has, we'd have comfortably finished 3rd and would at the very least be pushing 2nd closely.

And yet he has been at Arsenal for longer and they aren't pushing for the title this year? I could argue that if Spurs had RVP we'd have been in the title mix this year.....

Not sure I can agree with that. Sunderland and Chelsea away were excellent team performances in my opinion. In fact I'd say the problem we have is that we can't win ugly. Utd in the first half of the season didn't play well at all, and yet they'd get a goal out of nothing from a set piece or a moment of brilliance. We just don't do that enough.

Seeing as Harry loves taking a handful of games into isolation to prove a point (2 points from 8 games), here's a stat for him.

Had our current league form (6 points from 8 games, 8 for, 13 against) been at the start of the season Harry took over we'd be a whole one league place higher than he likes to remind us we were. We'd only be above Saudi Sportswashing Machine on goal difference because they kept getting hammered.

Back