• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
I said in answer to another postertthat" a truly great manager would have got this squad of players higher" and you answered my post with the above, and i wondered what wages had to do with the squad we already have here.

I think our first team is capable of finishing 3rd. I think that Emirates Marketing Project & Chelsea should definitely be finishing above us (and those two should be fighting for the title). I think realistically Man Utd have the experience and class so they should be finishing above us. I think Arsenal have over achieved for a while and don't have the money to spend and it's them we should be competiting for 4th with.

I think we have got somewhat lucky this year, because Chelsea have completely imploded and are punching signficantly below their weight. I believe we are where we should be.

I think the wage limit is great and keeps us financially sound, but it is hampering our ability to sign top class players.

It is my opinion that our defence isn't good enough to win the league, and we desperately need a goal scorer.

I think our first team is capable of finishing 3rd. I think that Emirates Marketing Project & Chelsea should definitely be finishing above us (and those two should be fighting for the title). I think realistically Man Utd have the experience and class so they should be finishing above us. I think Arsenal have over achieved for a while and don't have the money to spend and it's them we should be competiting for 4th with.

I think we have got somewhat lucky this year, because Chelsea have completely imploded and are punching signficantly below their weight. I believe we are where we should be.

I think the wage limit is great and keeps us financially sound, but it is hampering our ability to sign top class players.

It is my opinion that our defence isn't good enough to win the league, and we desperately need a goal scorer.

Fair enough, but i do believe that what we are missing more then anything is a real winning mentality and a bit more tactical awareness. And a truly great manager ( say a Fergie or JM ) would give us that. Redknapp has done greatbut is not a great manager and thats why we are where we are imo.

Fair enough, but i do believe that what we are missing more then anything is a real winning mentality and a bit more tactical awareness. And a truly great manager ( say a Fergie or JM ) would give us that. Redknapp has done greatbut is not a great manager and thats why we are where we are imo.

I don't think Fergie is, or ever will be, a great tactical Manager. Indeed everytime Fergie fudges around with his tried and tested formula (4-4-2 with a deep lying forward in the hole) they fudge up.

I don't think Fergie is, or ever will be, a great tactical Manager. Indeed everytime Fergie fudges around with his tried and tested formula (4-4-2 with a deep lying forward in the hole) they fudge up.

I guess all managers fudge up sometimes, however he does keep winning trophys and thats one of the reasons he is a great manager.

I disagree.

We are universally disliked because we're loud and proud and won't accept a role as bit part to the Sky four; because we are gobby; and because there are so many of us.

Having "realistic ambitions" is just a euphemism for knowing your place and not rocking the boat. fudge that! That's what other clubs want from us. But thank goodness we've always desired more. And believed in more.

Agreed.

I wish Harry would shut his fudging mouth, rentaquote fudges me off with the way he talks to the press, see his latest comments about Luka

I can't agree with this quote unfortunately. Fergie is a great Manager but there is every chance that Utd will go backwards when he lives. Spurs fans, especially the anti-Redknapp mob, won't want to hear this but there is EVERY chance that we'll go backwards when Redknapp leaves. Whoever replaces Redknapp will have big shoes to fill. We have punched above our weight with him. I just hope whoever comes in will be given time to go through that backwards spell and step out from the shadow and form their own time. Somehow I doubt they will. Spurs fans are exceedingly quick to kneejerk and judge.

absolutely spot on.

I disagree. We are universally disliked by other fans because of it. We are the worst out of the established Premiership clubs that's for sure. We are NEVER satisfied, content or realistic in our ambitions.

Harsh imo.

Just look at the gooners this season. So many were 'taking a break" and wanted Wenger sacked up until 1 month ago. Other fans dislike us because were are proud of our history, and even when we were sh#t, we turned up, sold out our games and made a noise.

Most of those clubs have half empty stadiums when things go bad for them, so they see us as deluded for still supporting our club. Their problem not ours.

Harsh imo.

Just look at the gooners this season. So many were 'taking a break" and wanted Wenger sacked up until 1 month ago. Other fans dislike us because were are proud of our history, and even when we were sh#t, we turned up, sold out our games and made a noise.

Most of those clubs have half empty stadiums when things go bad for them, so they see us as deluded for still supporting our club. Their problem not ours.

I agree, and not just the gooners.

Liverpool fans were (and continue to be) very loyal to Benitez, but they hounded Hodgson out of the club and from him being the saviour reborn people are now starting to turn on Daglish after a couple of poor months.

Chelsea fans. Wait, Chelsea have fans? I suppose they are more patient than their owner, that's something, but their owner is Abramovich so it doesn't really say much.

City fans have questioned Mancini quite a bit, and if he fails to win them the league this season I think the questions will start flying again.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans, well I can only go by Greg I suppose, but he was quite harsh on Pardew up until not that long ago.

Do not see what that has to do with the squad we have here already, its good enough to win the Prem and my point was a truly great manager would have us higher up the table.

Can I have some of what you're smoking please?

I have to agree with MK, I was discussing this earlier in the thread with Nayim, that the expectation to win the prem with this squad is madness. Our squad is not good enough to cope with this and Redknapp has said himself we are missing at least 2 big players.
My earlier point was could we go any further, how do we get past City, Chelsea and Utd if they spend so much and most likely will buy our top players.

I have to agree with MK, I was discussing this earlier in the thread with Nayim, that the expectation to win the prem with this squad is madness. Our squad is not good enough to cope with this and Redknapp has said himself we are missing at least 2 big players.
My earlier point was could we go any further, how do we get past City, Chelsea and Utd if they spend so much and most likely will buy our top players.

I disagree with the bolded part to be honest.

I think we made terrible mistakes with the players we loaned out in January...as well as some of Harrys team selections.

I think Bassong, Corluka, Pienaar, and less tinkering would have made a big difference to the last month, and would have seen us pick up more points than 2 from 15. I dont think we would be in a position to challenge realistically at this stage, but I certainly wouldnt call it madness.

He got Nelsen and Saha didn't he?

He also said we wont buy for the sake of it, and that its difficult to find players at christamas, and that if we find the right player at the right price, AND the club want to sell, we'll move on it.

Wanting Leandro doesnt mean we can get him.

People here were calling for Zamora and Hoilett, and personally I was fuming when we let Fulham sign Ruiz. However, Im glad we didnt sign any of them, just to sign someone.

He also said we wont buy for the sake of it, and that its difficult to find players at christamas, and that if we find the right player at the right price, AND the club want to sell, we'll move on it.

Wanting Leandro doesnt mean we can get him.

People here were calling for Zamora and Hoilett, and personally I was fuming when we let Fulham sign Ruiz. However, Im glad we didnt sign any of them, just to sign someone.

I agree.

Although I wasn't fuming when we didn't sign Ruiz and I'm still happy we didn't spend ?ú11m on him...

Harsh imo.

This, we are no different then any other club when it comes to moaning. I have mates who support Utd and they have not stopped all season.

Back