• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Edit: And actually, I don't see how that situation is any different if you use one way of looking at it or the other? In "your way" the player cost 5 million each year for the first 4 years, in "my way" the player cost 20 million in total for the 10 years.

Yes....but your method concludes that buying the player for ?ú20 million and releasing him for nothing represents a ?ú20 million loss regardless of what has occurred in the intervening ten years. It fails to take into account what the player has done at the club - what he was bought to do.

Yes....but your method concludes that buying the player for ?ú20 million and releasing him for nothing represents a ?ú20 million loss regardless of what has occurred in the intervening ten years. It fails to take into account what the player has done at the club - what he was bought to do.

Yes and no.

Having Luka Modric at the club probably costs us ?ú3m+ per season in wages. But that doesn't mean it's not worth it, nor that i don't look at his contribution to the team. Wayne Rooney did cost Manchester United ?ú26m or whatever that was. Brilliant piece of business, great player, great for them if he stays there until the end of his career. He still cost them ?ú26m more than Paul Scholes did.

Talking about money to talk about transfer fees and actual footballing performances to rate the contribution of the player makes perfect sense to me. Since there is very little correlation between the monetary value and game contribution in the yearly amortization (is that right?) method I don't see how it adds much even at the best of times, and like I've already shown in many cases it's painting a picture that is opposing reality.

and like I've already shown in many cases it's painting a picture that is opposing reality.

And as I've also shown, your method can also distort the true picture.

So, as I said, each method has its place. And Spurs would not have considered that they made a loss on Palacios.

I think he has taken us as far as he can. But then again I don't think anyone could take us further

Sent from my Liquid MT using Fapatalk

could we wait till the end of the season before deciding on the question, please? There's a long way to go yet, and if we end up with Champions League football and the FA Cup, I'll be quite happy, even if it's his upper limit. I mean, assuming he keeps hitting his ceiling but can't take us any further, would regular CL football and a handful of Cups really be that bad? ;)

could we wait till the end of the season before deciding on the question, please? There's a long way to go yet, and if we end up with Champions League football and the FA Cup, I'll be quite happy, even if it's his upper limit. I mean, assuming he keeps hitting his ceiling but can't take us any further, would regular CL football and a handful of Cups really be that bad? ;)

No - that would be great

No - that would be great

Exactly. So I don't see what all the fuss is about. Sure, once we build our sixty thousand seater monster stadium and are in a position to spend mega wages on big-name players, then we can perhaps legitimately demand a manager who can win us the title, or the European Cup. But until then, finding such managerial geniuses has to be looked at as a bonus, rather than as something we should expect. I don't know about most people, but I'm really quite happy with getting a sustained run of CL football under our belts and trying to become the number one club in terms of FA Cups won. We are the FA Cup, after all.;)

Even his biggest critics on this forum cannot refute the fact that he has raised the profile of our club. Champions League quarter finalists in our first attempt! Signing players established stars like VDV. Even if he does leave in the summer, there will be plenty of top managers queuing up to take over from him. Are we bettter now than before he took over? Absolutely! Will we be in a better position than we were before him? Yes! That is one of the signs of a great manager!

Even his biggest critics on this forum cannot refute the fact that he has raised the profile of our club. Champions League quarter finalists in our first attempt! Signing players established stars like VDV. Even if he does leave in the summer, there will be plenty of top managers queuing up to take over from him. Are we bettter now than before he took over? Absolutely! Will we be in a better position than we were before him? Yes! That is one of the signs of a great manager!

I do agree with this apart from the bit about a great manager, a truly great manager would have got this squad of players higher and hopefully when he walks it will happen.

I do agree with this apart from the bit about a great manager, a truly great manager would have got this squad of players higher and hopefully when he walks it will happen.

When you consider the wages that we pay compared to the other teams chasing a top four finish and how much Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project have spent on transfer fees during Redknapp's time at Spurs, it will be a major achievement if he delivers two Champions League qualifications in three full seasons.

I can't agree with this quote unfortunately. Fergie is a great Manager but there is every chance that Utd will go backwards when he lives. Spurs fans, especially the anti-Redknapp mob, won't want to hear this but there is EVERY chance that we'll go backwards when Redknapp leaves. Whoever replaces Redknapp will have big shoes to fill. We have punched above our weight with him. I just hope whoever comes in will be given time to go through that backwards spell and step out from the shadow and form their own time. Somehow I doubt they will. Spurs fans are exceedingly quick to kneejerk and judge.

I can't agree with this quote unfortunately. Fergie is a great Manager but there is every chance that Utd will go backwards when he lives. Spurs fans, especially the anti-Redknapp mob, won't want to hear this but there is EVERY chance that we'll go backwards when Redknapp leaves. Whoever replaces Redknapp will have big shoes to fill. We have punched above our weight with him. I just hope whoever comes in will be given time to go through that backwards spell and step out from the shadow and form their own time. Somehow I doubt they will. Spurs fans are exceedingly quick to kneejerk and judge.

No more so than fans of any other club.

When you consider the wages that we pay compared to the other teams chasing a top four finish and how much Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project have spent on transfer fees during Redknapp's time at Spurs, it will be a major achievement if he delivers two Champions League qualifications in three full seasons.

Do not see what that has to do with the squad we have here already, its good enough to win the Prem and my point was a truly great manager would have us higher up the table.

I disagree. We are universally disliked by other fans because of it. We are the worst out of the established Premiership clubs that's for sure. We are NEVER satisfied, content or realistic in our ambitions.

I disagree.

We are universally disliked because we're loud and proud and won't accept a role as bit part to the Sky four; because we are gobby; and because there are so many of us.

Having "realistic ambitions" is just a euphemism for knowing your place and not rocking the boat. fudge that! That's what other clubs want from us. But thank goodness we've always desired more. And believed in more.

I said in answer to another postertthat" a truly great manager would have got this squad of players higher" and you answered my post with the above, and i wondered what wages had to do with the squad we already have here.

Back