• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
perhaps he isn't the right manager for our club considering most of our fans can't seem to accept that we aren't the massive juggernaut that they think we are.

Maybe that's the case, but the fact is that when you manage a club, it and its fans are the greatest ever. That's the rules, play the fudging game or go manage some little club like West Ham that'll be glad to have you.

Liverpool away--won
Stoke home-----won
Chelsea away---lost
Man Utd home--won
Arsenal away---won

the difficult games excuse doesnt wash anymore. If Wigan, little relegation candidates Wigan can have a run of those results against those teams, there is no reason for Tottenham's pathetic results

Results like that would leave us still as title challengers now or at least with 3rd wrapped up. If you think we *should* automatically be in that sort of position by rights then it is time to have a lie down! It would be a huge overachievement if we were in that position. As it is, I still think 4th would still be overachievement considering how little has been added to the squad in recent times.

Maybe that's the case, but the fact is that when you manage a club, it and its fans are the greatest ever. That's the rules, play the fudging game or go manage some little club like West Ham that'll be glad to have you.

Serious question Scara, would you rather have a manager who tells us how great we, sucks up to the fans, but we finish outside the top 6, or a manager who gets similar or the same results as Redknapp but occasionally hurts some of the fans' feelings?

I will accept that in a way he is his own worst enemy at times. He builds up expectations, claiming it's not impossible for us to win the league, but then tells us we have no right to be there if we fail. He's 100% accurate in pointing out the fact that the club hasn't exactly been littered with success in the last two decades, but I do understand why fans get the raging hump when he contradicts himself.

Liverpool away--won
Stoke home-----won
Chelsea away---lost
Man Utd home--won
Arsenal away---won

the difficult games excuse doesnt wash anymore. If Wigan, little relegation candidates Wigan can have a run of those results against those teams, there is no reason for Tottenham's pathetic results

Home-Run.jpg

Or, translated:

Hurry up FA, and give the England manager job to my dad. We are getting a bit worried at the delay, especially because things are getting a bit squiffy her now, and we don't want that to influence the outcome.

The (not so) Good Ship SS Tottenham is shipping water at an alarming rate now, and its beginning to show. In fact its slowing, floundering and could capsize at any time, which is a pity as earlier in its current voyage, it was steaming full-ahead. It badly needs new stabilizers to right it, but there don't seem to be any around capable of re-righting it. Dad has no intention of doing the good captain bit, and going down with the ship. He doesn't like getting his clothes wet, you see (just ask David Bentley, who was confined to quarters when he tried that). He wants to get on the first lifeboat off and jump to the nearest and best rescue ship, and he knows that the SS England is steaming not too far away, which looks like the best transfer package available.

The SS Tottenham 'passengers' are starting to see water rising in the lower decks, and its put the boilers out. A recent collision with a Russian-owned ship may have jammed the rudder, too. It is looking increasingly rudderless. The rate of level of alarm is going up, especially as the stokers cannot re-light the boilers, and anyway the ship appears to be running out of fuel, as well as steam, and direction. Some 'passengers' think it should have been carrying more fuel right at the beginning of the voyage, and that it constitutes negligence that inaquate stocks were in not place in the first place. Quite possibly some new crew members might be the answer, and of a higher standard than some of the current ones, and certainly a new captain, many of the 'passengers' are saying.

Much better for dad to be transferred to the other vessel now, especially as the horizon looks rosier in that direction. I'm a bit worried that the SS England appears to be in the becalmed Sargasso Sea at the moment, and it could change quickly to mountainous seas and storms, even though that may be in the middle of a regatta, but the storms don't seem as regular as at the SS Tottenham, so I think its a risk worth taking. So lower the rope quickly, so dad can leg it and transfer his command and his captaincy to the bigger and shinier vessel. Its the Flagship of the fleet, so you could, in fact, say that, at the same time, he is being promoted to Admiral, so a nice little earner too.

Only trouble is Jamie, the biggest and shiniest vessels may not always be the best way of sailing, especially if you are not a good enough captain, and some of the biggest have sunk on their maiden voyage. No matter how calm the sea is (now), it could be infested with sharks below the water line, and swimming with sharks means you are likely to be bitten. Badly. Its also best if your ship had a massively thick hull, but in your dad's case, I'm not sure his has.

The new, or repaired SS Tottenham, should be a super-ship with poweful engines, sleek, sexy, streamlined, super-armed with both defensive armament and especially bloody great big powerful offensive guns as a main armament. The best radar too. It should also have a highly experienced new captain, who has sailed many seas, and preferably won some regattas too. A Portuguese captain is the best one around, and though expensive, would be the best choice to command the new vessel. It would be nice if the new vessel had a new shiny and matching port to go with it too, soon.

fudgein hell Martin, enough of the maritime metaphors!! :)

Serious question Scara, would you rather have a manager who tells us how great we, sucks up to the fans, but we finish outside the top 6, or a manager who gets similar or the same results as Redknapp but occasionally hurts some of the fans' feelings?

I will accept that in a way he is his own worst enemy at times. He builds up expectations, claiming it's not impossible for us to win the league, but then tells us we have no right to be there if we fail. He's 100% accurate in pointing out the fact that the club hasn't exactly been littered with success in the last two decades, but I do understand why fans get the raging hump when he contradicts himself.

Jurgen. Let's not even discus the horrific lack of managerial nous in the past 2-3 months. Where's the accountability? Harry ALWAYS PROTECTS HARRY. It is NEVER about mistakes HE might've made, it's always deflection/redirection. He's the master of it. With regards to the brick decisions we've suffered this season, I am going to partially hold him responsible. I felt that after Stoke he should've gone mental and taken a touchline ban. I felt that AGAIN post-Eastlands...and I think he doesn't want to make enemies but this (in turn) makes it "easier" for refs to "get things wrong" with us because they know they're not going to get (correct) ****ed in the press like they would by Fergie, Wenger, etc, etc.

Liverpool away--won
Stoke home-----won
Chelsea away---lost
Man Utd home--won
Arsenal away---won

form and confidence. its amazing how many people are or chose to be ignorant of these two things. wigan beat all those teams? sure..but they've lost some simple games too.

we are low on confidence and our form is in the toilet, hence why our results are the total oppposite of when we had confidence and form.

Jurgen. Let's not even discus the horrific lack of managerial nous in the past 2-3 months. Where's the accountability? Harry ALWAYS PROTECTS HARRY. It is NEVER about mistakes HE might've made, it's always deflection/redirection. He's the master of it. With regards to the brick decisions we've suffered this season, I am going to partially hold him responsible. I felt that after Stoke he should've gone mental and taken a touchline ban. I felt that AGAIN post-Eastlands...and I think he doesn't want to make enemies but this (in turn) makes it "easier" for refs to "get things wrong" with us because they know they're not going to get (correct) ****ed in the press like they would by Fergie, Wenger, etc, etc.

I agree with all of that, but I still don't get the hatred for him even as early as 2009. I've lost count the number of times I've heard fans say "I fudging hate Redknapp" at games or walking back to the tube/car after a game. Most of the things that he says about the club are true i.e. we haven't won much in two decades, have only finished in the top 4 twice since 1990, haven't been to many European Cup quarter finals etc. People don't like hearing it for some reason even though it's true!

I actually do think the vacant England manager's job has affected HIM and his decisions rather than the team. I've been baffled many times over the last couple of months by his tactics and team selections, but that really doesn't call for people calling him a twitchy saggy faced **** who doesn't a brick about Tottenham, was he lying when he said after his trial how grateful he was to our fans for chanting his name in the Wigan game? You wouldn't hear United fans calling Fergie red faced Scottish prick or Arsenal fans call Wenger a paedo ****.

I still want Harry to stay. Im sure he knows what hasnt worked, and will not repeat his tactical mistakes.

Until February, we were playing some of best football in Europe, and if it wasnt for that Bale/defoe miss at City we wouldnt be where we are now. Thats the turning point of the season.

Yes harry has made some mistakes but some of our finishing has been awful, and some referee decisions have not helped our season.

If you take the game against Chelsea, as an example, the first 35 minutes are fine, we're the best team until Ade misses that easy chance. Thats the turning point of the game. If he scores that, im pretty sure we go on to win the game.

How many times we have been the better team and not scored, that van der vaart miss at the bridge right before half time springs to mind, and as we're in a bad form, as soon as we miss/concede, our heads go down and its game over.

Its about mentality, we might play well most games and generally have a good half in the majority of them but its how you deal with going a goal down. Look at the top teams, they dont panic. They take stock regroup, show confidence and patience. We more than often just crumble and its happened too many times to be random.

I simply won't accept any member of club staff thinking so lowly of us fans and expecially not taking the opportunity to show it publicly. If the only other option were a manager with guaranteed poorer results then it would be a much tougher decision, but that's not the case.

If really pushed on the matter then yes, I'd probably take less success if it meant our club was represented in a manner more in keeping with our values. Just like I'd rather lose than dive, or play negative football or be bought as a billionaire's plaything.

This.
When we were just a few points behind 1st place this season,I thought to myself if we really are able to win the title.Then I thought a second about Manchester United and their spirit and attitude.Then I thought of our spirit and the "this is as good as it gets" quote.Harry might have not done us over,but this is as far as we can come under him.For him,its "ok" if we dont win some games and the players see it and its hurting us.

There are people who do not want managers like Mourinho, Moyes, etc regardless of what results they could bring as they won't have the team playing the "Tottenham way".

Then in this thread, there's the argument in this thread that Harry's position should not be questioned, coz he's got results dammit.

It's the same argument. Results are one thing. The way we play is another. The manager's relationship with fans is another again. It's just where you rank them in terms of importance.

form and confidence. its amazing how many people are or chose to be ignorant of these two things. wigan beat all those teams? sure..but they've lost some simple games too.

we are low on confidence and our form is in the toilet, hence why our results are the total oppposite of when we had confidence and form.

true, but isnt it up to the manager to get inside his players heads and turn the confidence around. Wigan have had a shocking season as usual but somehow when it matters their manager has produced a positive reaction in his players and have won games that they had no right winning when you consider the level of opposition.

heard on talksport this morning that the rumour is Redknapp has been in secret talks with the FA during the last couple of days

also Levy is back in Florida for personal reasons

there is not much noise coming out of Spurs since the semi final

something might be going on behind the scenes

true, but isnt it up to the manager to get inside his players heads and turn the confidence around. Wigan have had a shocking season as usual but somehow when it matters their manager has produced a positive reaction in his players and have won games that they had no right winning when you consider the level of opposition.
Unlike Wigan, we are not poor or small enough for successful teams to show us no respect.

Unlike Wigan, we are not poor or small enough for successful teams to show us no respect.

even if the big teams didnt show Wigan any respect, still the results and performances achieved by Wigan have been pretty stunning....and successful teams get to their position by respecting every opponent. Thats the secret, not like Spurs who in their history tend to be up for big games and ignore to concentrate fully when playing teams at a lower level.

even if the big teams didnt show Wigan any respect, still the results and performances achieved by Wigan have been pretty stunning....and successful teams get to their position by respecting every opponent. Thats the secret, not like Spurs who in their history tend to be up for big games and ignore to concentrate fully when playing teams at a lower level.
Despite top teams failing to do that, plenty of times, to lowly clubs.

i agree with you on this but wigan have been bad for a loooong time now, but i do honestly see your point. i just think maybe give redknapp a chance ?

besides you coudl get your wish. he looks to be leaving at end of season

Despite top teams failing to do that, plenty of times, to lowly clubs.

i see, so Liverpool, Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal all failed to take Wigan seriously within the space of 4 weeks? :)Not fair on Wigan and the fact they are playing very very well and have a formation which seems hard for the opposition to deal with . The manager there has to take a lot of credit

and i agree with your location comment, it was more fun when we were brick :)

Back