• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Personally, I've never had this hate of Harry that some people have. No matter what you think of him, he HAS made us a much better team than we were when he came in. However, with Harry we will always be in the second band of teams, just below United, City, Arsenal etc, and that is because he's simply not a winner.

Unlike the Fergies, Wengers, Mancinis of this world, he doesn't know how to prepare a team for a title run in. It was plain to see. He didn't bring in any quality players in January, wasn't sure about squad rotation, and faffed about with tactics at the wrong time. United and Arsenal haven't got much better squads than us, but their managers are simply so much more experienced, knowing about the run-in to the season, and that is why we've fallen away and they've just got stronger and stronger.

I'll always be grateful to Harry for where he has got us, but if we really want to push on and compete at the very top, rather than challenging for 4th and the occasional cup, we need a winner of a manager. And that is why I've said on another thread that I want AVB in. And I don't buy all the flimflam about us not being able to challenge until we have a new stadium. The potential is there, we have some top players, and we saw in the first half of the season just how good we can be. What we now need is a manager who can get those players to fulfill the potential over the whole of a season, rather than just the first half.

We are in the second tier due to the fact we are in the second tier of Income & spending. We have to build a team not buy a team - we lose our best players due to not being able to pay them enough to stay.

In the premier league era those who pay the most (fees & Wages) are at the top -

Keep it up Jamie, we need more of this, fudging lots today and plenty tomorrow. Keep the fire stoked so this saggy taco gets to fudge in the summer

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...Redknapp-Dad-Harry-has-not-heard-from-FA.html

JAMIE REDKNAPP says his dad Harry being England boss would make him so proud.

The ex-Liverpool star says Redknapp snr is yet to hear from the FA about the job.

Pundit Redknapp, 38, says his old man, 65, has been fantastic as Tottenham boss.

He said: “The public want him. I am his son and will support him.

“If England ask, he’d think about it. But at the moment, no one at the FA is being pro-active. It is not long to the Euros and we haven’t got a manager.”

Jamie also told how a huge weight had been lifted from the family after the acquittal of dad Harry in his February fraud case.

He said: “It’s been an emotional time, not something I’ve enjoyed.

“He is my dad and to see him go through that was not a great experience. It’s a relief.”

lovely timing again Jamie](*,)

the Redknapp's clearly dont give a fcuk about Tottenham anymore.....and the players have sensed it long ago

cheers

Wouldn't be surprised if it's him instructing his muppet to say this

What a fudging farce - Levy should fine him 6 months wages for this flimflam

We should be mid table where we belong, didnt you know ?

Sooner he is out of the club the better.

Ugh, this really needs to stop.

He didn't say it was 'where we belong'. He has said that with our budget, we are doing well to be competing up there.

He has also said that he sees a title in this club in the next few years. Why is that always ignored?

He didn't say it was 'where we belong'. He has said that with our budget, we are doing well to be competing up there.

He has also said that he sees a title in this club in the next few years. Why is that always ignored?

I think people forget where Tottenham should be at times. They’ve got two Carling Cup wins since 1991, and the average finishing position – up until about four or five years ago - is probably about 10th. You can get carried away with where you should be and who you are really.

We're not exactly Wigan or West Brom are we? 11th Richest club in the world, 5th Richest in UK by revenue.

Either way it doesnt matter, he just needs to get on with his job, his current job for the next 5 matches for which he has a contract for ?ú3m pa. That's what I'd like to say to him; shut up with your excuses and put downs, shut up about England, and get on with your bloody job.

Last edited:

He's not saying 'where we belong' in the condescending sense, he is saying with our budget and where we have usually been, our expectations shouldn't really be to be finishing top 4 every season. It isn't realistic, and I think if you were able to look at the quotes objectively rather than with the anti-Harry specs on you would be able to see that.

He is absolutely saying the fans need to be more realistic, and there's nothing false about what he has said at all. The fans do need to be more realistic. But he is not being condescending. He has also said he sees a title in this club in the next few years. Regardless of whether it's actually gonna happen, he's said it. You ignored it again, because it doesn't fit the 'Harry doesn't give a brick about us and thinks we're small time' agenda, which isn't actually true at all.

We're not exactly Wigan or West Brom are we? 11th Richest club in the world, 5th Richest in UK by revenue.

Either way it doesnt matter, he just needs to get on with his job, his current job for the next 5 matches for which he has a contract for ?ú3m pa. That's what I'd like to say to him; shut up with your excuses and put downs, shut up about England, and get on with your bloody job.

No, and neither are we Man United, Emirates Marketing Project, Arsenal, Chelsea, or Liverpool. But we're up there with, and in some cases ahead of, them. Deal with it.

I want harry to finish on a high, or turn the england job down and take on the CL next season with some tasty new players.

the speculation in my view is down to the FA. they are stuck between a rock and hard place and thats fine but this shouldnt be the case.

I blame john terry for all of this, for getting Capello to resign instead of quitting england.

I still want Harry to stay. Im sure he knows what hasnt worked, and will not repeat his tactical mistakes.

Until February, we were playing some of best football in Europe, and if it wasnt for that Bale/defoe miss at City we wouldnt be where we are now. Thats the turning point of the season.

Yes harry has made some mistakes but some of our finishing has been awful, and some referee decisions have not helped our season.

If you take the game against Chelsea, as an example, the first 35 minutes are fine, we're the best team until Ade misses that easy chance. Thats the turning point of the game. If he scores that, im pretty sure we go on to win the game.

How many times we have been the better team and not scored, that van der vaart miss at the bridge right before half time springs to mind, and as we're in a bad form, as soon as we miss/concede, our heads go down and its game over.

We are in the second tier due to the fact we are in the second tier of Income & spending. We have to build a team not buy a team - we lose our best players due to not being able to pay them enough to stay.

In the premier league era those who pay the most (fees & Wages) are at the top -

When was the last time we lost a really crucial player? Since Berbatov and Keane sales, I can't think of anyone that has left that I have felt gutted about losing.

As someone else said, we're not exactly strapped for cash, and I don't think that should be an excuse for not winning. It is all in our mentality. The talent is there, the winning psychology isn't.

When was the last time we lost a really crucial player? Since Berbatov and Keane sales, I can't think of anyone that has left that I have felt gutted about losing.

As someone else said, we're not exactly strapped for cash, and I don't think that should be an excuse for not winning. It is all in our mentality. The talent is there, the winning psychology isn't.

Neither are Chelsea, United, City, Liverpool or Arsenal. What gives us the devine right to be ahead of them? They have talent too. They want to win too. We aren't poor but we aren't as rich as them.

Neither are Chelsea, United, City, Liverpool or Arsenal. What gives us the devine right to be ahead of them? They have talent too. They want to win too. We aren't poor but we aren't as rich as them.

You are fighting a losing battle BoL, they are a bunch of folks who think Spurs are entitled to CL spot/Top 4/FA Cup/etc. that we have the 4th/3rd/2nd best squad in the league and "any manager" would just need to turn up and other teams will roll over and let the mighty Tottenham have the 3 points.

All this, despite the fact that for the last twenty years, mid table mediocrity with no European Football and the odd CC run is what we have had/accomplished, somehow any manager should be challenging for the title with the squad/club/budget we have.

Here what no one wants to accept

- Manure/Scum/Pool, have a bigger income, larger current fanbase, pay higher wages, greater draw for players, and are more experienced at finishing in, competing for top 4 spots.
- Cheat$ki/City, operate off sugar daddy funds, rules don't apply, and can/will buy whoever they please

Us finishing above any of those 5 is a good achievement, finishing above 2 or 3 would be brilliant.

You are fighting a losing battle BoL, they are a bunch of folks who think Spurs are entitled to CL spot/Top 4/FA Cup/etc. that we have the 4th/3rd/2nd best squad in the league and "any manager" would just need to turn up and other teams will roll over and let the mighty Tottenham have the 3 points.

All this, despite the fact that for the last twenty years, mid table mediocrity with no European Football and the odd CC run is what we have had/accomplished, somehow any manager should be challenging for the title with the squad/club/budget we have.

- Manure/Scum/Pool, have a bigger income, larger current fanbase, pay higher wages, greater draw for players, and are more experienced at finishing in, competing for top 4 spots.
- Cheat$ki/City, operate off sugar daddy funds, rules don't apply, and can/will buy whoever they please

Us finishing above any of those 5 is a good achievement, finishing above 2 or 3 would be brilliant.

I would add to that the fact that no-one wants to accept that we can go through bad form. Apparently because we had good form in the earlier part of the season, we are absolutely not allowed to have bad form, and that if we go through it the manager who had previously guided us to the dizzy heights during the good form suddenly becomes a clueless donkey that needs to leave us immediately. This despite the fact that every single club in the world bar Barca and Madrid are capable of going through uninspiring patches of form.

While I agree with pretty much all of that you cannot escape the fact that we were miles ahead in 3rd and have hit relegation form which has crushed the fan's and team's spirit (actually we're 4th from bottom in the form table for the last 12 matches). It's this fact that is boiling people's tinkle.

Spurs story is of missed opportunity and we're living that story again. Still time to change the ending mind you.

While I agree with pretty much all of that you cannot escape the fact that we were miles ahead in 3rd and have hit relegation form which has crushed the fan's and team's spirit (actually we're 4th from bottom in the form table for the last 12 matches). It's this fact that is boiling people's tinkle.

Spurs story is of missed opportunity and we're living that story again. Still time to change the ending mind you.

We hit bad form. Arsenal had bad form. Chelsea had bad form. City had bad form. What makes us so special that we definitely won't hit bad form? Is it the depth of our squad? Our money? Our stadium?

What I will say, is that following on from the Gary Neville City video posted in another thread, maybe we have been figured out slightly and maybe something needs to change. When we got 4th we had Bale come into the team and it meant we had a different approach that was hard to contend with. He has now become a fixture and teams will have spent the last 2 years trying to figure out how to stop us.

But is it that easy? It can't be changed how to get the best out of Bale et al, and you can't exactly drop your best players without people wondering what the hell is going on. So it comes down to form again. Eventually we will find a way to break these teams down and our confidence will be up again.

We can have bad form just like anyone else can.

Redknapp's greatest strength is his man management, motivational skills.....however the players are no longer responding because they know he wants the England job. Whatever he now says isnt sinking in.

i wonder if Levy could have foreseen this. Last summer he knew that during the season ahead was Redknapp's court case, the media pushing Redknapp for the England job after the new year as the clock ticked down on Capello's reign....could Levy have been pro-active and simply replaced Redknapp last summer?

Capello resigning early hasnt helped, but the media and pundits were always going to link Redknapp with the job. The speculation, the questions would still have existed even if Capello was still there. Not as intensely but definitely enough to affect the players, what with Redknapp refusing to rule the England job out

We hit bad form. Arsenal had bad form. Chelsea had bad form. City had bad form. What makes us so special that we definitely won't hit bad form? Is it the depth of our squad? Our money? Our stadium?

What I will say, is that following on from the Gary Neville City video posted in another thread, maybe we have been figured out slightly and maybe something needs to change. When we got 4th we had Bale come into the team and it meant we had a different approach that was hard to contend with. He has now become a fixture and teams will have spent the last 2 years trying to figure out how to stop us.

But is it that easy? It can't be changed how to get the best out of Bale et al, and you can't exactly drop your best players without people wondering what the hell is going on. So it comes down to form again. Eventually we will find a way to break these teams down and our confidence will be up again.

We can have bad form just like anyone else can.

Crisis over, everything that has happened since Cappello resigned from the England job has been down to bad form. Thats all it is, bad form.

Will get my Harry worshiping shine back out tonight and beg for forgiveness. Will sleep like a baby tonight too.

Glad that nightmare is over.

Back