• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Just out of curiosity, when will the good form return ? As it seems nothing affects form as its just bad form, nothing will affect good form so it will just happen like a light switch ?

the good form will return when we get a good result after a bad run, like we did against Swansea

oh :~

the good form will return when we get a good result after a bad run, like we did against Swansea

oh :~

Yeah its a toughie. As it seems management, players, media, confidence, tactics, formations etc cant affect form (excluding figuring out how to play Bale), it just happens, maybe that win vs Swansea was good form now were back to bad ?

Tricky one that old form thing.

Yes, because now form doesn't exist in sport and Spurs are immune!

For what it's worth I think something weird is going on. With the players we have, we should have been able to pick up a couple more results. But we are creating chances, we just aren't being ruthless.

In any case, to deny that form can have an effect is just absolutely ridiculous. It takes Harry bashing to an extreme, ludicrous level.

We hit bad form. Arsenal had bad form. Chelsea had bad form. City had bad form. What makes us so special that we definitely won't hit bad form? Is it the depth of our squad? Our money? Our stadium?

What I will say, is that following on from the Gary Neville City video posted in another thread, maybe we have been figured out slightly and maybe something needs to change. When we got 4th we had Bale come into the team and it meant we had a different approach that was hard to contend with. He has now become a fixture and teams will have spent the last 2 years trying to figure out how to stop us.

But is it that easy? It can't be changed how to get the best out of Bale et al, and you can't exactly drop your best players without people wondering what the hell is going on. So it comes down to form again. Eventually we will find a way to break these teams down and our confidence will be up again.

We can have bad form just like anyone else can.

Yes of course we can hit bad form like everyone else, but just because other teams have had bad patches too doesn't make it any easier to accept.

I do accept that we are punching above our weight in comparison to our revenue and stadium size as do most (sane) posters on this forum, but it is the manner of capitulation that is so galling. For a club that was 3rd to have almost the same form in the last 12 matches as the bottom 3 teams in the league at the business end of the season is hard to take. I not prepared to accept that we are reverting to the natural order of things. It sounds too much like Harry's know your place comments to me and while I am a big Harry supporter those comments riled me.

Keep it up Jamie, we need more of this, fudging lots today and plenty tomorrow. Keep the fire stoked so this saggy taco gets to fudge in the summer

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...Redknapp-Dad-Harry-has-not-heard-from-FA.html

JAMIE REDKNAPP says his dad Harry being England boss would make him so proud.

The ex-Liverpool star says Redknapp snr is yet to hear from the FA about the job.

Pundit Redknapp, 38, says his old man, 65, has been fantastic as Tottenham boss.

He said: ÔÇ£The public want him. I am his son and will support him.

ÔÇ£If England ask, heÔÇÖd think about it. But at the moment, no one at the FA is being pro-active. It is not long to the Euros and we havenÔÇÖt got a manager.ÔÇØ

Jamie also told how a huge weight had been lifted from the family after the acquittal of dad Harry in his February fraud case.

He said: ÔÇ£ItÔÇÖs been an emotional time, not something IÔÇÖve enjoyed.

ÔÇ£He is my dad and to see him go through that was not a great experience. ItÔÇÖs a relief.ÔÇØ

Or, translated:

Hurry up FA, and give the England manager job to my dad. We are getting a bit worried at the delay, especially because things are getting a bit squiffy her now, and we don't want that to influence the outcome.

The (not so) Good Ship SS Tottenham is shipping water at an alarming rate now, and its beginning to show. In fact its slowing, floundering and could capsize at any time, which is a pity as earlier in its current voyage, it was steaming full-ahead. It badly needs new stabilizers to right it, but there don't seem to be any around capable of re-righting it. Dad has no intention of doing the good captain bit, and going down with the ship. He doesn't like getting his clothes wet, you see (just ask David Bentley, who was confined to quarters when he tried that). He wants to get on the first lifeboat off and jump to the nearest and best rescue ship, and he knows that the SS England is steaming not too far away, which looks like the best transfer package available.

The SS Tottenham 'passengers' are starting to see water rising in the lower decks, and its put the boilers out. A recent collision with a Russian-owned ship may have jammed the rudder, too. It is looking increasingly rudderless. The rate of level of alarm is going up, especially as the stokers cannot re-light the boilers, and anyway the ship appears to be running out of fuel, as well as steam, and direction. Some 'passengers' think it should have been carrying more fuel right at the beginning of the voyage, and that it constitutes negligence that inaquate stocks were in not place in the first place. Quite possibly some new crew members might be the answer, and of a higher standard than some of the current ones, and certainly a new captain, many of the 'passengers' are saying.

Much better for dad to be transferred to the other vessel now, especially as the horizon looks rosier in that direction. I'm a bit worried that the SS England appears to be in the becalmed Sargasso Sea at the moment, and it could change quickly to mountainous seas and storms, even though that may be in the middle of a regatta, but the storms don't seem as regular as at the SS Tottenham, so I think its a risk worth taking. So lower the rope quickly, so dad can leg it and transfer his command and his captaincy to the bigger and shinier vessel. Its the Flagship of the fleet, so you could, in fact, say that, at the same time, he is being promoted to Admiral, so a nice little earner too.

Only trouble is Jamie, the biggest and shiniest vessels may not always be the best way of sailing, especially if you are not a good enough captain, and some of the biggest have sunk on their maiden voyage. No matter how calm the sea is (now), it could be infested with sharks below the water line, and swimming with sharks means you are likely to be bitten. Badly. Its also best if your ship had a massively thick hull, but in your dad's case, I'm not sure his has.

The new, or repaired SS Tottenham, should be a super-ship with poweful engines, sleek, sexy, streamlined, super-armed with both defensive armament and especially bloody great big powerful offensive guns as a main armament. The best radar too. It should also have a highly experienced new captain, who has sailed many seas, and preferably won some regattas too. A Portuguese captain is the best one around, and though expensive, would be the best choice to command the new vessel. It would be nice if the new vessel had a new shiny and matching port to go with it too, soon.

Keep it up Jamie, we need more of this, fudging lots today and plenty tomorrow. Keep the fire stoked so this saggy taco gets to fudge in the summer

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...Redknapp-Dad-Harry-has-not-heard-from-FA.html

JAMIE REDKNAPP says his dad Harry being England boss would make him so proud.

The ex-Liverpool star says Redknapp snr is yet to hear from the FA about the job.

Pundit Redknapp, 38, says his old man, 65, has been fantastic as Tottenham boss.

He said: ÔÇ£The public want him. I am his son and will support him.

ÔÇ£If England ask, heÔÇÖd think about it. But at the moment, no one at the FA is being pro-active. It is not long to the Euros and we havenÔÇÖt got a manager.ÔÇØ

Jamie also told how a huge weight had been lifted from the family after the acquittal of dad Harry in his February fraud case.

He said: ÔÇ£ItÔÇÖs been an emotional time, not something IÔÇÖve enjoyed.

ÔÇ£He is my dad and to see him go through that was not a great experience. ItÔÇÖs a relief.ÔÇØ

Do you think 'pundits' realise how fudging departed they sound when they say things like this?

Yes of course we can hit bad form like everyone else, but just because other teams have had bad patches too doesn't make it any easier to accept.

I do accept that we are punching above our weight in comparison to our revenue and stadium size as do most (sane) posters on this forum, but it is the manner of capitulation that is so galling. For a club that was 3rd to have almost the same form in the last 12 matches as the bottom 3 teams in the league at the business end of the season is hard to take. I not prepared to accept that we are reverting to the natural order of things. It sounds too much like Harry's know your place comments to me and while I am a big Harry supporter those comments riled me.

Capitulation is a bit much. This capitulation amounts to having not picked up at least a point at Everton, beaten Stoke and Norwich and maybe at least a point at home to Man Utd. So about 6 points over 8 games. We've made some major progress if that is a 'capitulation' these days. And I'd like to see how the bottom 3 have got on in the corresponding fixtures? We played Arsenal away who were 5th at the time, Man Utd 2nd at home, Everton 7th away, Chelsea 5th away, Swansea 12th home, Norwich about 9th at home, Sunderland away in 8th. And if you want to talk 12 games, well that would include City and Liverpool away. Pretty much the entire top half. Most of them away. Don't think many clubs will have taken a great deal more than us in those games, nevermind the bottom 3!

Capitulation is a bit much. This capitulation amounts to having not picked up at least a point at Everton, beaten Stoke and Norwich and maybe at least a point at home to Man Utd. So about 6 points over 8 games. We've made some major progress if that is a 'capitulation' these days. And I'd like to see how the bottom 3 have got on in the corresponding fixtures? We played Arsenal away who were 5th at the time, Man Utd 2nd at home, Everton 7th away, Chelsea 5th away, Swansea 12th home, Norwich about 9th at home, Sunderland away in 8th. And if you want to talk 12 games, well that would include City and Liverpool away. Pretty much the entire top half. Most of them away. Don't think many clubs will have taken a great deal more than us in those games, nevermind the bottom 3!

I do realise there are different ways of looking at it but in our last 12 games (1/3 of the season just) we're 4th from bottom in the form guide. They are the inescapable facts. Amazingly CL qualification is still in our own hands which just highlights the complete reversal of fortune we've experienced. Anyway I try not be a negative poster but it's hard these days. Nothing a few goals won't cure.

He's been found out as usual, motivation will only get you so far and then tactics have to play a part. One of the problems is that Redknapp is a mangerial dinosaur, and in todays game he needs more then just go out there, run araound a bit and enjoy yourself.

I do realise there are different ways of looking at it but in our last 12 games (1/3 of the season just) we're 4th from bottom in the form guide. They are the inescapable facts. Amazingly CL qualification is still in our own hands which just highlights the complete reversal of fortune we've experienced. Anyway I try not be a negative poster but it's hard these days. Nothing a few goals won't cure.

Again, I think we've actually been fairly consistent this season, it just the imbalance in the fixtures that has lead to these different periods for results. The 12 before this we're probably top of the form table: P12 W 8 D 3 L1 but look at the opposition! Now we've coming into a run of 4 out of 5 against teams who are 15th to 20th, all of whom we've beaten already. I fully expect 8-10 points minimum. That should be enough for 4th.

Again, I think we've actually been fairly consistent this season, it just the imbalance in the fixtures that has lead to these different periods for results. The 12 before this we're probably top of the form table: P12 W 8 D 3 L1 but look at the opposition! Now we've coming into a run of 4 out of 5 against teams who are 15th to 20th, all of whom we've beaten already. I fully expect 8-10 points minimum. That should be enough for 4th.

Our confidence is so shot to hell that none of those fixtures look easy any more. Form/confidence/momentum, whatever you want call it, counts for so much.

Anyway who's to know how it will all turn out in the end.

Our confidence is so shot to hell that none of those fixtures look easy any more. Form/confidence/momentum, whatever you want call it, counts for so much.

I agree about the importance of form / confidence / momentum. But it can turn. During our run of crappy results we've had a number of good performances, including our first half against Chelsea on Sunday. We just need a couple of things to go for us, and the confidence and momentum can come back. If Arsenal-Chelsea is a draw and we manage to beat QPR, we're suddenly 4 points ahead of Chelsea and 3 behind Arsenal with a game in hand. Suddenly the momentum might be with us, especially if Chelsea get tonked by Barca tonight (GHod I hope they do...)

But you're right, we don't know how it's going to turn out in the end, so this kind of conversation will be much more relevant and worthwhile at the end of the season... we could finish 3rd and sign Llorente and Hazard, we could finish 6th and lose Modric and Bale.... such tight margins!

Well, the same was said after the first two games and it turned around. Yep, agree, it could go either way and that will go a long way to deciding his legacy here.

Liverpool away--won
Stoke home-----won
Chelsea away---lost
Man Utd home--won
Arsenal away---won

the difficult games excuse doesnt wash anymore. If Wigan, little relegation candidates Wigan can have a run of those results against those teams, there is no reason for Tottenham's pathetic results

Liverpool away--won
Stoke home-----won
Chelsea away---lost
Man Utd home--won
Arsenal away---won

the difficult games excuse doesnt wash anymore. If Wigan, little relegation candidates Wigan can have a run of those results against those teams, there is no reason for Tottenham's pathetic results

It's not an excuse, it's a partial reason. Wigan having a few great results doesn't change the (undisputable) fact that, overall, it's more difficult to get results against higher-placed teams. Of course it's still disappointing that we failed to get good results in virtually any of them.

You are fighting a losing battle BoL, they are a bunch of folks who think Spurs are entitled to CL spot/Top 4/FA Cup/etc. that we have the 4th/3rd/2nd best squad in the league and "any manager" would just need to turn up and other teams will roll over and let the mighty Tottenham have the 3 points.

All this, despite the fact that for the last twenty years, mid table mediocrity with no European Football and the odd CC run is what we have had/accomplished, somehow any manager should be challenging for the title with the squad/club/budget we have.

Here what no one wants to accept

- Manure/Scum/Pool, have a bigger income, larger current fanbase, pay higher wages, greater draw for players, and are more experienced at finishing in, competing for top 4 spots.
- Cheat$ki/City, operate off sugar daddy funds, rules don't apply, and can/will buy whoever they please

Us finishing above any of those 5 is a good achievement, finishing above 2 or 3 would be brilliant.

We have some of the most unrealistic fans in the world! That coupled with Redknapp's penchant for telling it how it is a poisinous mix, with that in mind, perhaps he isn't the right manager for our club considering most of our fans can't seem to accept that we aren't the massive juggernaut that they think we are.

I can see why the England thing is tinkling people, it's tinkling me off too, but there was still a genuine hatred for Redknapp from certain quarters even last season and I don't understand why. Even the biggest Redknapp haters cannot deny he has raised the profile of our club and has got us playing the best football we've played in at least 20 years.

We have some of the most unrealistic fans in the world! That coupled with Redknapp's penchant for telling it how it is a poisinous mix, with that in mind, perhaps he isn't the right manager for our club considering most of our fans can't seem to accept that we aren't the massive juggernaut that they think we are.

I can see why the England thing is tinkling people, it's tinkling me off too, but there was still a genuine hatred for Redknapp from certain quarters even last season and I don't understand why. Even the biggest Redknapp haters cannot deny he has raised the profile of our club and has got us playing the best football we've played in at least 20 years.

There was genuine hatred towards Redknapp when we got 4th spot too. A few weeks before achieving it, there were those calling for his head. And even when he had achieved it people were saying he should be fired so we can get a Manager in who will go to the next level.

Back