• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Completely agree. Overall Kane is superior, although Haaland has some extreme qualities Kane can't match.

Kane's way more clinical, which backs up the argument - Haaland has missed 26 big chances this season, Kane just 11. In that City team he'd be unstoppable, IMO. Imagine having De Breyne supplying your chances instead of having to create them yourself, LOL.
De Bruyne
Kane..Haaland​

Completely agree. Overall Kane is superior, although Haaland has some extreme qualities Kane can't match.

Kane's way more clinical, which backs up the argument - Haaland has missed 26 big chances this season, Kane just 11. In that City team he'd be unstoppable, IMO. Imagine having De Breyne supplying your chances instead of having to create them yourself, LOL.

Had the City game on in the background while watching ours on the tablet, IIRC he missed at least 3 big ones yesterday from what I saw

“You can’t disrespect any competition that you play in.

“It’s one of those, if you end up in the Conference League and win it, it’s worth it. If you don’t, then people probably look at it as an inconvenience.

“But when you’ve been at a club where we haven’t won a trophy for 15 years, if we do end up in it, it could be an opportunity to try and put that to bed.

Exactly Harry, exactly what some of us on here have been saying....

Look I get it, with the simplistic assertions that Kane has won nothing with Spurs. However these dumb, dumbs fail to appreciate context. One Conference League win with Spurs would be worth five FA Cup wins with Emirates Marketing Project. The same fools who argue that modern football is all about money and cheap glory and not about loyalty, bemoan Kane staying at Spurs. It is an irrational perspective.

Look I get it, with the simplistic assertions that Kane has won nothing with Spurs. However these dumb, dumbs fail to appreciate context. One Conference League win with Spurs would be worth five FA Cup wins with Emirates Marketing Project. The same fools who argue that modern football is all about money and cheap glory and not about loyalty, bemoan Kane staying at Spurs. It is an irrational perspective.

Its just another narrative that stupid people echo at the top of their lungs thinking they have something to say.

Media and social media, build a narrative, drive it home via emotion triggers and repeat until it becomes a "truth"

If we keep Kane in the summer there is no guarantee he joins Utd next year.

If we have the right manager and we make the top 4 and Man Utd does not Kane would have a decision to make. Nothing is written in stone just yet.

If we keep Kane in the summer there is no guarantee he joins Utd next year.

If we have the right manager and we make the top 4 and Man Utd does not Kane would have a decision to make. Nothing is written in stone just yet.

Could do a sol Campbell too ... ill run for the hills ...

I would personally take the personal accolades over a few cup wins, you can actually sit there and say i done this, it was all my hard work and i was ultimately the main reason why i have all of these golden boots and records. No one remember players for winning cups, they remember them for being great players.

I would personally take the personal accolades over a few cup wins, you can actually sit there and say i done this, it was all my hard work and i was ultimately the main reason why i have all of these golden boots and records. No one remember players for winning cups, they remember them for being great players.
Players tend to be remembered as great via their achievements and accolades. A combination of the invisible and the team. I don't think you can really speak for many legends of the game who have been remembered without winning something important and contributing in the process.

The individual triumphs are more like garnishes to an already successful career which by most standards looked via the prism of club success ultimately.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Players tend to be remembered as great via their achievements and accolades. A combination of the invisible and the team. I don't think you can really speak for many legends of the game who have been remembered without winning something important and contributing in the process.

The individual triumphs are more like garnishes to an already successful career which by most standards looked via the prism of club success ultimately.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
I kind of agree with this, but still think it's a chicken and egg situation really. I mean I know Shearer won the league with Blackburn but I don't really remember him doing that (granted partly because it was such a long time ago) and remember him way more for his outstanding goals and the sheer rate he scored at.

Kane is just such a strange example, because someone like him operating at the consistent top level of the game he does constantly putting in the numbers he does and winning nothing is just unheard of. Usually the top players at some stage of their career are winning tournaments, the only guy I personally can think of who did similar is Le Tissier who was a class act and didn't win anything - but even he was not at kane's level in terms of consistent output.

But anyone trying to put down how good Kane is down to him not lifting a trophy is talking utter gonads - you could put Haaland or De Bryne in the Spurs team and they would win nothing. Or put Kane in the City team and he would win plenty - would him doing that magically make him a better player? I think not.....

Talksport (ignore the source) had a retired striker a few months back as a guest and this topic came up, and they tried to push the Kane scenario, i.e. would you trade team honors (e.g. win PL or be top scorer in PL history).

The response was no doubt individual, even highlighted that as a striker it's probably even less of a team game, despite re-asking several times, the guy wouldn't budge, individual honors every time.

Of course, if that's Kane view, none of us know, but .. everyone knows Shearer is the top goalscorer in PL history, you could probably name 10 players who have won the PL that no one has any idea of who they are.

Back