• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

my concern with players like that is that Bayern (and other clubs in that envelope) can afford to bide their time, if they get to the point where they are happy to sell then surely they they don't have faith in the player, they can easily afford to have a dozen on their books and keep them interested

if you go to bigger orchards you'll only get windfall

Think of poor old Jim White. He's probably off somewhere crying into Natalie Sawyers tits.
tumblr_mkksksk6jk1s3kc0io2_250.gif

They've got some good youngsters at Monaco; like Martial, Kongdogbia and Kurzawa. Of course Levy could be after Moutinho just to troll AVB.

I imagine the French league suits us well, as players are reasonably priced and would most likely see us as an upgrade, unless their already at PSG.

And Monaco have financial problems and are changing their approach going by most reports so could definitely be some deals there to be made.

I would've thought signing any player from Monaco is prohibitive to us from a salary point of view due to the tax free wages they earn there?

my concern with players like that is that Bayern (and other clubs in that envelope) can afford to bide their time, if they get to the point where they are happy to sell then surely they they don't have faith in the player, they can easily afford to have a dozen on their books and keep them interested

if you go to bigger orchards you'll only get windfall

Mats Hummels disagrees...

Even been a decent number of players that have left a big super club because they couldn't get games only to return 2-3 years later to be a success. Like Carvajal at Real and Alba at Barca. Bayern of course wanted to bring Hummels back too, but (so far) failed. That's ignoring players like Pique and Fabregas that was more in the "got poached" category than "leaving because of a lack of game time.

Bayern has a somewhat ridiculous competition for places in central midfield, including several extremely talented youngsters that are competing for the game time that can be given to younger players. A player losing out in that kind of competition can still be a fantastic talent imo. Not that I know much, if anything, about Hojbjerg specifically.

Mats Hummels disagrees...

Even been a decent number of players that have left a big super club because they couldn't get games only to return 2-3 years later to be a success. Like Carvajal at Real and Alba at Barca. Bayern of course wanted to bring Hummels back too, but (so far) failed. That's ignoring players like Pique and Fabregas that was more in the "got poached" category than "leaving because of a lack of game time.

Bayern has a somewhat ridiculous competition for places in central midfield, including several extremely talented youngsters that are competing for the game time that can be given to younger players. A player losing out in that kind of competition can still be a fantastic talent imo. Not that I know much, if anything, about Hojbjerg specifically.

thats a fair point, I just feel that if it gets to the point that they end up here we shouldn't expect too much

They've got some good youngsters at Monaco; like Martial, Kongdogbia and Kurzawa. Of course Levy could be after Moutinho just to troll AVB.

I imagine the French league suits us well, as players are reasonably priced and would most likely see us as an upgrade, unless their already at PSG.

:D thats funny

Martial would be an amazing buy, i think he is heading to the top. Signing him would be like signing Depay a year ago.

I wonder whats happened to Ocampo or whatever his name is, a right sided attacker who tore us apart in that pre season drubbing under AVB. He looked a real talent too

Martial Kongdogbia? You guys are just making up names now. I say we should look at Zakalaka Mikawika Tulu Nbutu Niang Mpoko Wazebi.

Speaking of which, whatever happened to that Zeki Fryers lad?

Martial Kongdogbia? You guys are just making up names now. I say we should look at Zakalaka Mikawika Tulu Nbutu Niang Mpoko Wazebi.

There is a truly brilliant idea

- make up some name that has fun in it (Kong dog)
- Create fake Wiki page
- Put ownership club in smaller league
- Give some BS statistcs (e.g. 19 yr old CB with 2:1 goal scoring record)

Then go ITK some other club fans and see if one of the media outlets pick it up (like in the past)

There is a truly brilliant idea

- make up some name that has fun in it (Kong dog)
- Create fake Wiki page
- Put ownership club in smaller league
- Give some BS statistcs (e.g. 19 yr old CB with 2:1 goal scoring record)

Then go ITK some other club fans and see if one of the media outlets pick it up (like in the past)

Mr N'Kong, is that you!!??

Martial, Moutinho and Abdennour are three we have been linked with previously

Would definitely like Martial. Didn't really feel that he was cut out for Poch-style pressing earlier in the season (he had some attitude problems as well, as Jardim revealed), but he seems to have taken to the coach and really knuckled down when it comes to on-pitch work-rate. He's fantastically fast, strong and skilled as well, of course (not for nothing was he tagged as the 'new Henry' a while ago), but I like that he's genuinely taken the advice of his coach to heart and worked on improving the defensive/grafting side of his game.

Would be a great addition up front, with the bonus being that he can easily be deployed out wide as well. He'll probably cost north of 15 million, though, so I'm not sure Levy would consider him worth spending our ickle money on.

Tutto Mercato Web believe Sampdoria midfielder Pedro Obiang will decide to join either Spurs or West Ham this week.

Back