• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Solid article.

Although I think SkySports might just be a bit too bombastic predicting what the tribunal fee will be if it comes to that. Remember the fees being speculated about for the completely unproven Zeki Fryers when we reportedly spent a decent amount to circumvent the tribunal process. Although Ings has a shorter career at Burnley he's PL proven and with much more interest surrounding him.

The tribunal process seems likely to be at least somewhat random depending on who gets put into the committee etc. A negotiation with Burnley is a much more clear cut process for both clubs. It also gives us a lot more power in terms of negotiating those clauses Levy seems to use a lot to get the best deal possible. With a tribunal it's probably a more "take it or leave it" type deal.

Not sure how many would agree but i reckon Zamora on a free is a no brainer. The guy is an absolute nightmare for centre backs coming on late. Holds up the ball well and links up play well. I think as a 3rd striker he would be perfect.

QPR have completed the signing of Swindon Town midfielder Massimo Luongo for an undisclosed fee.

The Australian international has penned a three year contract at Loftus Road.

Luongo enjoyed a stellar season in 2014/15, contributing six goals and eight assists as Town reached the League One Play-Off Final, only to succumb to defeat against Preston North End at Wembley. He was also voted into the PFA League One team of the year by his peers.

QPR Head Coach, Chris Ramsey, is delighted with the addition of the 22-year-old playmaker, commenting: “Mass is a player I know a lot about having played a part in his development at Spurs.

“He brings quality on the ball; the ability to link up play all across the pitch; and his goals and assists record at club and international level speaks volumes for a creative midfielder.

“As with any young player, there are areas of his game that need improving, but knowing him as I do, I know he will embrace the learning curve of playing for us in the Championship.

“I'm confident he will flourish at Loftus Road.”

Luongo, who played a pivotal part in the Socceroos’ triumph at the Asian Cup in January, scoring in the final on the way to being named player of the tournament, is relishing the move to Loftus Road, commenting: “Regular football is important to me. That’s why QPR appealed to me. I’m at my best when I’m playing week in, week out – I’m all for playing as many games as possible in a season.

“The step up to the Championship is going to be a challenge, but I’ll always back myself.

“I sat down with the manager (Chris Ramsey), and the big thing for me was where he wants to go with the club. Also, how he wants me to be involved attracted me. He sold it to me really well.

“I never want to rest on my laurels – I always want to push on. I’m very excited to now be a QPR player. I can’t wait to start pre-season and get my head down.”

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/massimo-luongo-joins-qpr-from-swindon-town-2474048.aspx

Tottenham Hotspur technical director Franco Baldini is stepping up on the club's interest in Torino captain Kamil Glik.

The Poland international is the subject of much interest and has also been linked with Manchester United as they search for another centre-back.

Torino president Urbano Cairo is working on a contract renewal for Glik as he bids to ensure the club captain stays put.

But Cairo could face a tough time keeping hold of the defender given wealthy Premier League clubs are chasing his signature.

According to Italian sports daily Gazzetta dello Sport, Baldini is a firm fan of Glik and is hoping to take him to White Hart Lane this summer.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2015/05...r-manchester-united-target-kamil-glik/211090/

QPR have completed the signing of Swindon Town midfielder Massimo Luongo for an undisclosed fee.

The Australian international has penned a three year contract at Loftus Road.

Luongo enjoyed a stellar season in 2014/15, contributing six goals and eight assists as Town reached the League One Play-Off Final, only to succumb to defeat against Preston North End at Wembley. He was also voted into the PFA League One team of the year by his peers.

QPR Head Coach, Chris Ramsey, is delighted with the addition of the 22-year-old playmaker, commenting: “Mass is a player I know a lot about having played a part in his development at Spurs.

“He brings quality on the ball; the ability to link up play all across the pitch; and his goals and assists record at club and international level speaks volumes for a creative midfielder.

“As with any young player, there are areas of his game that need improving, but knowing him as I do, I know he will embrace the learning curve of playing for us in the Championship.

“I'm confident he will flourish at Loftus Road.”

Luongo, who played a pivotal part in the Socceroos’ triumph at the Asian Cup in January, scoring in the final on the way to being named player of the tournament, is relishing the move to Loftus Road, commenting: “Regular football is important to me. That’s why QPR appealed to me. I’m at my best when I’m playing week in, week out – I’m all for playing as many games as possible in a season.

“The step up to the Championship is going to be a challenge, but I’ll always back myself.

“I sat down with the manager (Chris Ramsey), and the big thing for me was where he wants to go with the club. Also, how he wants me to be involved attracted me. He sold it to me really well.

“I never want to rest on my laurels – I always want to push on. I’m very excited to now be a QPR player. I can’t wait to start pre-season and get my head down.”

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/massimo-luongo-joins-qpr-from-swindon-town-2474048.aspx

Well that scuppers the theory that we sold him with a buy back because we could not loan them any more players. A good signing for QPR, it will be interested to see if we loan them anyone

Not sure how many would agree but i reckon Zamora on a free is a no brainer. The guy is an absolute nightmare for centre backs coming on late. Holds up the ball well and links up play well. I think as a 3rd striker he would be perfect.

I' almost agree with you Luton. I think that we need our 3rd choice striker to be someone like Zamora, a player who is getting on a bit but can still do a job. Not sure if he is the answer though, he's not all that prolific, but a solid shout nonetheless.

Edit: Gilk as well as Dier and Wimmer. That means that Jan wants out or Fazio is being shipped out after just one season.

Well that scuppers the theory that we sold him with a buy back because we could not loan them any more players. A good signing for QPR, it will be interested to see if we loan them anyone

You would think that we have some kind of sell on fee % as he was pretty highly rated at Spurs.

Tottenham HotspurDaniel: Every club wants to do their business early but there are always three parties involved. Since the transfer window came most of the transactions take place in the final two weeks of the window.

I' almost agree with you Luton. I think that we need our 3rd choice striker to be someone like Zamora, a player who is getting on a bit but can still do a job. Not sure if he is the answer though, he's not all that prolific, but a solid shout nonetheless.

Edit: Gilk as well as Dier and Wimmer. That means that Jan wants out or Fazio is being shipped out after just one season.

Or it could be just one of the thousands of speculative articles that are just nonsense?

Chelsea's Christian Atsu, back from a season-long loan at Everton, has joined Bournemouth on loan for next season.

So from today we have:

Mirrallas is talking about broken promises at Everton and seems to be talking himself towards the exit.
Aymen Abdennour is still on our radar and we have apparently put a bid in for him as have Saudi Sportswashing Machine.
Luan Garcia Teixeira is a young CB at Vasco da Gama that we are monitoring.

Chelsea's Christian Atsu, back from a season-long loan at Everton, has joined Bournemouth on loan for next season.
Signing for Chelsea is a bit of a mystery box - you never know where you'll end up playing. Would appeal to the more adventurous footballer who doesn't want to be involved with a "club" or have "team mates" or a "home".

Is it the agents or the players that think a move to Chelsea is good?
Can't blame young players for thinking would be a good move. Nothing wrong with backing your own ability and believing you can make an impression there, and at the very worst they are getting a good salary and a loan move to gain experience...

Back