• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Can't blame young players for thinking would be a good move. Nothing wrong with backing your own ability and believing you can make an impression there, and at the very worst they are getting a good salary and a loan move to gain experience...

I do think there are many agents that will push players for non football reasons though

Oh absolutely,money talks. But I think it's a bit simplistic to just suggest it's just about the money....

I think for some players it has nothing to do with their choice, they are essentially owned by agents and money men who have spotted them playing in the middle of nowhere and funded their opportunity to enter professional football.

Wasn't it Falcao that basically said he goes where his agent & 3rd party tell him as he has little say in the matter

Might be, but then those players who are owned by third parties are really in a brick position. At least those that only have an agent have a choice in the matter and only have the agent's advice to consider.

I think we should start a major charm offensive on Schweinsteiger. Unrealistic long shot maybe but why the fudge not. Sell him the London life, leader of men on the pitch type thing.

Really quiet few weeks ahead now I think .. Wud not expect much business or news from Spurs at all till mid July at earliest .. This early business talk is just to drum up deals for outgoings who will stay as long as they can !! Last minute levy I think same as usual ... Still just read prem fixtures out June 17th !!

Really quiet few weeks ahead now I think .. Wud not expect much business or news from Spurs at all till mid July at earliest .. This early business talk is just to drum up deals for outgoings who will stay as long as they can !! Last minute levy I think same as usual ... Still just read prem fixtures out June 17th !!

Yeah - I think the Burnley pair may be all we do until mid-August

Ings won't join us .. Just right back lad by sounds of it

It looks like we are ahead at the moment. He seems our plan a, whereas he's a back-up option to other targets for Liverpool and United. That alone should give us a big edge.

It looks like we are ahead at the moment. He seems our plan a, whereas he's a back-up option to other targets for Liverpool and United. That alone should give us a big edge.
Fair enough but every report I read says he totally rejects Us and will open talks with Liverpool .. We will see . Decent signing he would be but not one to pull up trees IMO .. We need other positions in first team filled a lot more but yeah need few strikers too .. I'd be more than happy picking two very very good to top rated strikers from South America or France and be understudies and have skillset to play with Kane myself and prioritise elsewhere

Ings will be a bench warmer at Spurs if he came. Maybe he sees the chance of more playing time at Liverpool with Sturridge being constantly injured.

Ings will be a bench warmer at Spurs if he came. Maybe he sees the chance of more playing time at Liverpool with Sturridge being constantly injured.

Liverpool have about 6 forwards and will use the Sterling money to buy Benteke. We're a far better option in terms of opportunities and stability/club trajectory (Rodgers will likely be sacked before bonfire night)

Liverpool have about 6 forwards and will use the Sterling money to buy Benteke. We're a far better option in terms of opportunities and stability/club trajectory (Rodgers will likely be sacked before bonfire night)
I lot of those forwards will be offski I would guess. I suppose they could go for Benteke and Ings too but if they do choose to sell Sterling, which seems inevitable really, they might be wiser to invest in a similar type player rather than another striker. I know that Benteke to <insert any club except Spurs> would be your preference, but I'd gladly accept the complete opposite - Ings to pool and Benteke to us.

One things is for sure we're both shopping in the same market.

Not a rumour but Napoli failed to qualify for the CL and Higuain who I didn't particularly rate before seems to be doing well, guess he's not suitable for us if we want Kane to be the main man or could he play alongside him as seems he has a bit of creativity and could maybe play a bit deeper. Not saying he'd join but doubt he's on huge wages and must surely be gettable for someone?

James Milner to be announced by Liverpool shortly apparently.

Talk of a £10 million sign on fee. Turned down 165k a week at City, so won't be far off that at Liverpool. Wants to play centrally.

Back