• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

But with KWP vs Fredericks we'll be talking about our 4th/5th choice RB. Fredericks needs to take up a squad place too as he's over 21.

Fredericks is just in the position Adam Smith was in last summer - too old to be that far down the pecking order.

If we could find him a good PL loan there might still be a way into our first team for him.

Was getting really good reviews earlier this season at 'boro from what I remember.

Wouldn't mind a PL proven and somewhat experienced full back like Trippier to make sure we have proper cover and a bit more competition for places.

Does Tripppier fit with Poch's philosophy, as his strength is his conventional crossing?
Yes, I know Kane has scored from Bentaleb's and Dier's crossing, but exception rather than the rule.

Does Tripppier fit with Poch's philosophy, as his strength is his conventional crossing?
Yes, I know Kane has scored from Bentaleb's and Dier's crossing, but exception rather than the rule.

The whole point of attacking FBs is for them to go on the outside when the forward goes inside. When we're attacking they are our wingers.

A lot of Gooners seem to think Arsenal are about to bid 25M for Arturo Vidal.
It made me wonder a few things:

- is Wenger sending out a message to Schneiderlin's agents and Southampton? i.e. "this is what 25M really gets you; be realistic on price dudes"
- Are Juve looking to hold onto Pogba for an extra season whilst cashing in on Vidal and replacing him with Khedira on a free?
- Would Manure be more likely to go for MS with Arsenal's attentions elsewhere?
- Could Juve replace Vidal with MS?
- If Arsenal don't sign Vidal or MS early (no excuses from their position as confirmed CL participants for next year) does that cause us problems in our recruitment of a DM?

- is Wenger sending out a message to Schneiderlin's agents and Southampton? i.e. "this is what 25M really gets you; be realistic on price dudes"
- Are Juve looking to hold onto Pogba for an extra season whilst cashing in on Vidal and replacing him with Khedira on a free?
- If Arsenal don't sign Vidal or MS early (no excuses from their position as confirmed CL participants for next year) does that cause us problems in our recruitment of a DM?
-Khedira to Spurs, on a free, fits with our transfer policy?

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Ciro Immobile yet as a prime candidate to partner/rotate with Kane upfront. He only signed for Borussia last summer, but most fans over on the Schwatzgelb.de forum seem to think he's eminently disposable, and indeed seem to consider his potential sale as a way to fund the new manager's incoming transfers. According to Bild, he's already put his mansion in Germany up for sale, and according both them and Sport Mediaset, he's apparently up for sale for around 15 million euros, hardly an unaffordable price. So far, the only clubs to be linked with him are also clubs like us: Liverpool were heavily linked with the guy a week or so ago, and now Italian sides like Inter Milan and Napoli are apparently interested in him. And given Dortmund's season, it's unlikely he'd be filled with dreams of CL challenges and titles, and he probably isn't on too high a weekly wage to boot, given the relative paucity of the Bundesliga's wage levels beyond Bayern.

So, what's the view on this guy? He seems like a potentially good buy to me: yes, he's only scored 10 goals in 33 games for Dortmund (plus three assists), but he had 22 goals in 33 games for Torino in 2013/2014, and clearly impressed Kloppo enough to secure a move to Dortmund, a lightning-fast, high pressing, direct side very similar to how Poch seems to want us set up. He isn't the fastest player in the world, but like Kane he can hold his own, and seems similarly adept at heading, dribbling and shooting from range. He's only just turned 25 (in February, I think), so he's still got time on his side, and the video below shows that he's clearly got some skills at least (although having said that, it is a video of Serie A: Lamela's highlight videos were also uniformly brilliant). Also seems like a decent, down-to-earth bloke, and is apparently a family man with a kid (which I would guess provides some insurance against Balotelli-style craziness and detachment, at least :p ). And if it doesn't work out, hey, 10.5 million quid isn't anywhere close to Soldado-esque.

As far as I'm concerned, this is exactly the sort of cheapo medium fee, low risk move that Levy likes to make....but it wouldn't be the worst one. Whaddaya guys think?

Links:

http://www.bvb-forum.de/index.php?id=1082845
http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/c...-1-3-mio-euro-zu-verkaufen-40306736.bild.html
http://www.football-italia.net/64775/immobile-market
http://www.football-italia.net/66618/inter-approach-immobile

Vidal normally players behind the 2 strikers at Juve, more of a 10 maybe, not sure him and MS are similar players at all.

Glad we're continuing our old transfer policy of just signing right backs again!

Disappointed for Fredericks though but think Trippier is a very good player, he was exceptional in the championship last season.

Immobile was a big flop at Dortmund imo and for me was symptomatic of their malaise in terms of player recruitment and not re-investing properly in their squad coming home to roost.
No thanks

It

It makes me wonder could we put in a cheeky bid for Vidal?

Vidal is worth more than £25 million imo. Schneiderlin has his sights set on UCL football and staying in the UK, but if Arsenal look elsewhere and UTD don't come in for him then he's essentially left at Sotuhampton, a club he's gradually moved away from these last few weeks.

Maybe he is trying to force a transfer to happen and get it done.
Either he has wanted Spurs all along (Since last Summer) and he is mentioning CL to get us to make an offer high enough to get accepted..
or
He does actually want a top 4 move and is mentioning CL to try and get them to come in for him and sort it asap as no doubt top 4 clubs get first wind of any top players they hear are available during the summer.

I think it's the first and he is just impatient about wanting to come to us, and get it all sorted as he thought it would happen last summer and it's been dragging on.
If he does actually want a CL club then he could look silly if they don't come in for him and he has to make a decision at some point later towards the end of the window.

** All my random thoughts of course!

It's a compilation from the Championship which they took by storm that year. Not gonna get too excited about the lad just yet.

Back