• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

I'd like to see us use our "connections" and get a deal on Khedira

connections?

word is he wants 200k a week.....thats probably 125k a week more than Levy would be prepared to offer :)

Just read that Salvio at Benfica has done his knee in quite badly (7 months out apparently). Liverpool are no longer interested.

Ssn breaking news spurs are preparing a 12m bid for Danny Ings, weird one as he's free this summer either this is a lie ( most likely) or we know we won't get him head to head against someone so we're trying to get him before he is on a free?

Ssn breaking news spurs are preparing a 12m bid for Danny Ings, weird one as he's free this summer either this is a lie ( most likely) or we know we won't get him head to head against someone so we're trying to get him before he is on a free?

He's not exactly free, His fee would be decided by a tribunal which would probably be a few million. Still seems a bit weird that we would go as high as 12m to get him sooner though you're right.

Total load of BS if you ask me. If he wants to come to us, there's not way Levy will pay 12 mill when he can get him for 5. If he wants to go somewhere else, no amount of money offered to Burnley will change that as he will be a free agent in a few weeks...

Who comes up with this crud???

Why would ings sign for us on that deal rather than go for a lot less the following week and get a fatty signing on bonus... This is gonads, and poorly thought out

Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli has been linked with a move away from Anfield but he will remain at the club next season, according to his agent Mino Raiola.

"We have talks with Liverpool and he will stay," Raiola told Sky Sports. "I spoke many times with the club and they were happy with his input as a professional."

Why would ings sign for us on that deal rather than go for a lot less the following week and get a fatty signing on bonus... This is cobblers, and poorly thought out

Not at all.

When his contract does expire in 5 weeks, it needs to go to tribunal to determine a value on him (because he is under 23).

At best we've stolen a march on Liverpool/United/other rivals but offering Burnley a proper fee.

At worse we've probably just add £7m to the amount the tribunal will decide is a reasonable price someone else has to pay for him.

Not at all.

When his contract does expire in 5 weeks, it needs to go to tribunal to determine a value on him (because he is under 23).

At best we've stolen a march on Liverpool/United/other rivals but offering Burnley a proper fee.

At worse we've probably just add £7m to the amount the tribunal will decide is a reasonable price someone else has to pay for him.

I don't think the criteria used to determine a valuation is anything to do with what sort of offers have come in for the player. It instead relates to the length of time they have been at the club, the number of first team games played, international games, under 21 games etc, etc.

The player decides where he goes to, doubt very much he cares about the fee Burnley get (hence not signing the contract). Most think tribunal will top out at 7m. That's 5m going to Burnley rather than his back pocket

Is there a sell on-clause for Trippier? Maybe we're preparing another package deal.

Talksport saying we're still trying to sign Llorente.

Independent claiming Pedro is being kittend around by Barca at 7 million. How that equates to us trying to sign him I don't know.

Danny ings will be cheapest striker option bar maybe Charlie Austin out there this summer so I have no doubt levy has gone for him .. Any other premier league striker or a name striker wud cost more money and be even bigger transfer fee so doesn't surprise me as levy is one tight so and so .. I'm sure some decent strikers out their foreign wise so I'm just hoping Mitchell has the ability and contacts to spot a player cos baldini n previous lot hadn't a clue

I know swaps don't work but with the likes of fazio and soldado and Paulinho all heading for exit id be actively looking to do a deal with several Spanish clubs or even South American club for a real top Young un' for Paulinho .... I know top clubs after ottamendi but would Valencia be interested in any of those three above to do a swap deal ??

As long as back bone of the side is properly fixed and big time strengthened by players who make a real difference this summer I'll be fairly happy even if we need a lot more IMO too .

Following on a discussion in the itk thread(thought I'd put it in the discussion thread). Talk of Morgan Schneiderlin for £20m+ and Southampton doing a levy. If a fellow premier league team doesn't want to sell I wouldn't even entertain going after the player. There's so much money in the premier leagu now that the teams don't need the money surely there must be other players in other leagues who are equally as good. I personally don't see any value in the premier league if a club doesn't want to sell a player.

You need players to force moves pretty much as there's little financial benefit to clubs in selling players they want to keep. Southampton probably like to consider themselves rivals to us, when really it's just a brief period of overachieving. League One anyone?

I don't think the criteria used to determine a valuation is anything to do with what sort of offers have come in for the player. It instead relates to the length of time they have been at the club, the number of first team games played, international games, under 21 games etc, etc.

Those factors are definitely true but I do think that offers made for the player play a part when the tribunal meet to discuss the sort of fee they should be setting.
Maybe it's a clever move by Levy knowing Ings won't leave now but that this bid at least raises the level a tribunal will set, possibly to a level that Liverpool may not be willing to go for but we would still be happy with (and less than £12m)
I do wonder how swift acting Liverpool are going to be in the transfer market, Rodgers has been doing his best to look quite the jackass for the owners.

"We have talks with Liverpool and he will stay," Raiola told Sky Sports. "I spoke many times with the club and they were happy with his input as a professional."

I think an administrative error must have resulted in the words circus and clown being omitted from the end of that sentence.

In setting these compensation fees, the PFCC took into account the costs of training and development, the player's age and playing record, the length of time he was registered with his former club, the terms offered by both clubs, the status of the two clubs, transfer fees paid previously for his services and the interest shown by other clubs in acquiring the registration of the player.

Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/ne...al-decisions-1866314.aspx#hTzplSm4hJc3BUxW.99

Back