• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Madrid cannot afford to pay Spurs €40 million cash for Bale never mind €100 million. With current debt levels of €590 million on net assets of only €141 million they are an over borrowed financially dodgy entity and therefore represent a very BIG credit risk and it wouldn’t surprise me if they were eventually bankrupted at some stage. It would be very interesting to see how they value their assets in their balance sheet. They still owe Spurs €20 million from the Luca deal last year and no way can we extend any further credit to them. Why should Spurs sell their prized asset to a potentially insolvent entity who may never pay up? And Levy should not even consider any of the overpaid dross languishing in the mediocre Madrid squad.

=D>

Last edited:

Madrid cannot afford to pay Spurs €40 million cash for Bale never mind €100 million. With current debt levels of €590 million on net current liabilities of €141 million they are an over borrowed financially dodgy entity and therefore represent a very BIG credit risk and it wouldn’t surprise me if they were eventually bankrupted at some stage. It would be very interesting to see how they value their assets in their balance sheet. They still owe Spurs €20 million from the Luca deal last year and no way can we extend any further credit to them. Why should Spurs sell their prized asset to a potentially insolvent entity who may never pay up? And Levy should not even consider any of the overpaid dross languishing in the mediocre Madrid squad.

Based on the table you posted would the same logic apply to Barca?

Madrid cannot afford to pay Spurs €40 million cash for Bale never mind €100 million. With current debt levels of €590 million on net current liabilities of €141 million they are an over borrowed financially dodgy entity and therefore represent a very BIG credit risk and it wouldn’t surprise me if they were eventually bankrupted at some stage. It would be very interesting to see how they value their assets in their balance sheet. They still owe Spurs €20 million from the Luca deal last year and no way can we extend any further credit to them. Why should Spurs sell their prized asset to a potentially insolvent entity who may never pay up? And Levy should not even consider any of the overpaid dross languishing in the mediocre Madrid squad.

Their government will just bale (see what I did there ;)) out again.

Theyre just ****s really

I can't remember who posted it on here the other day and can't be bothered trawling back but they made a point which has kind of stuck with me.

Man Utd finished 17 points above us last season and they don't have Gareth Bale.

Such a simple point but one which needs to be taken into account. Bale was no doubt a saving grace for us last season on his own, but factor in the talent/s which can be brought in IF he was to leave and there is absolutely no reason to think we cannot do better than last season.

I don't want him to go. Not at all and I want us to add quality alongside Bale, but I will not be devastated about the future if it happens.

Wow, my 'build up to the new season' excitement has started! \o/

For the first time this season......COYS!

The problem is if we sold Bale for say £85m there is no guarantee we will be able to bring in top talent because there are a lot of top players that simply will not sign for a team not in the CL. Secondly some clubs will attempt to hold as to ransom because they would feel we are desperate to strengthen. No, I would rather keep Bale for one last season and with the addition of Paulinho, and possible Soldardo together with the returning Kaboul and Sandro and give it a hell of a go this season.

Lets face it until a couple of weeks ago Bale was not thinking about Madrid. He had given interviews talking about next season, he had signed a contract with BT to be one of the key pillars of their advertising campaign, and of course there is the New York Square billboard. Would that have really gone ahead if Bale had hinted he wanted to go to Madrid this season?

He has 3 years left on his contract at least make him stay one more year. Last summer it was Modric and now it is Bale, I hate the fact that Madrid think they can snap their figures and get whichever of our players they want. That is bullying and I hate bullies. I hope Levy says no on principle no matter how much money they offer.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/5038880/Gareth-Bale-95m-deal-a-rush-for-Real-Madrid-on-US-tour.html

REAL MADRID hope to seal a £95million deal for Gareth Bale before they return from their US tour on August 11.
President Florentino Perez travelled with the team for friendlies in Los Angeles, Phoenix, Washington and Miami and expects talks to continue this week.
A Madrid source said: “Bale is the chosen man.Efforts to sign him will continue. We are hopeful a deal can be done soon.”
And now Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is set to hold showdown talks with Bale early this week.
After their £81m bid was rejected, Real will offer £51m cash plus Angel Di Maria and Fabio Coentrao, to take the deal to £95m.
Meanwhile, Spurs were last night closing in on landing Valencia’s Spanish striker Roberto Soldado for £25.8m.

What the fudge? £51m cash plus Angel Di Maria and Fabio Coentrao, to take the deal to £95m? How the fudge do Angel Di Maria and Fabio Coentrao add up to £44m?

:ross:

Gotta love today's Marca headline...

A4691_zpse1522d90.jpg

... Euro 145m is around GBP 125.3m.

I'll be very disappointed if that fee hasn't reached at least a billion Euros by 1st August.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/5038880/Gareth-Bale-95m-deal-a-rush-for-Real-Madrid-on-US-tour.html

What the fudge? £51m cash plus Angel Di Maria and Fabio Coentrao, to take the deal to £95m? How the fudge do Angel Di Maria and Fabio Coentrao add up to £44m?

:ross:

Also Levy (to my knowledge) has never accepted a player exchange instead of money in any transfer.

And does anyone have any idea how they are gonna fit Bale, Ronaldo, Ozil and Isco into the same starting 11.
Lets be honest they dont really need Bale same way they didnt need Modric last year.

He's just a big name to appease the fans.

What is that about the president of Tottenham feeling humiliated by Madrid? And yeah, I would expect Levy to tack on more and more money for increasingly tangential reasons as the transfer deadline goes closer. Actions of Marca - + 2 million quid, Zidane and his antics - 5 million, Destabilising attempts by Madrid - 10 million, Reparations for the Anglo-Spanish War of 1585 - 25 million, etcetera, etcetera.

Also Levy (to my knowledge) has never accepted a player exchange instead of money in any transfer.

And does anyone have any idea how they are gonna fit Bale, Ronaldo, Ozil and Isco into the same starting 11.
Lets be honest they dont really need Bale same way they didnt need Modric last year.

He's just a big name to appease the fans.

Bale really needs to think of it objectively. If we are to offer 150k a week then there isnt much of a difference in the way of salary so the money factor counts it out. Is he ready for the pressure, not being first choice, different way of life etc - at this stage of his career development and family?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ut-spare-us-the-loveforspurs-rot-8737363.html

Hmm. I do not know what team James Lawton follows, but maybe he has picked up on the beginnings of anger within our fanbase at the farcical nature of it all. You know, now that we have gotten past the denial and sorrow stages. If this article does indeed chime with people (and I know I found myself nodding in agreement once or twice), it is a dangerous sentiment that is spreading where the fans' absolute faith that Bale is going to stay is, after a gruelling week, being slowly replaced with anger at his (still alleged) attempts to move. Will not help with the atmosphere around the club come the first game of the season. Hopefully not, and hopefully someone involved pipes up to the world and clears up this mess before it festers even more.

Must say we have underestimated Real Madrid and Bale on :
1)Real Madrid's desperation to sign Bale and
2)Bale's desperation to join Real

Never thought Real will be willing to bid more than 60m for Bale. Thought if we put something like 80m price tag on Bale, Real Madrid will be put off by that. Instead, they are still trying to buy Bale even at 95m ! It is a really silly money considering Ronaldo had won many trophies and only cost them 80m while Bale has not won any trophy yet. Don't know how much more money will force Real to give up on Bale.

And never thought Bale who are supposed to be a shy, innocent, family-oriented and loyal-to-the-club boy will suddenly transform himself into a monster and try to force us to sell him to Real, as alleged by the media so far. All his supposed good relationship with AVB seems meaningless to him now, it seems. I think we didn't "protect" Bale enough from the attention of Real. I am convinced Real had contacted Bale and his agent directly to influence him.

Dubai: That's a fine bit of writing by James Lawton. Thanks for the link.

At the other end of the scale, The Telegraph gives us the hilariously inept ramblings of their Alexei Sayle lookalike, John Percy

john-percy60-60_2378356a.jpg

Yeah, I bet he loves North Korean sherry.

Last edited:
Back