• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

I cant imagine Levy agreeing to that, IF he goes itll be like it all in one go or something like that, this is Levy

im not an accountant, but surely a lump sum of 80-100 mill will be subject to some sort of tax when the figures are all added up at the end of the tax year.....

What I really don't understand is why all of the British press are so inclined to help RM with their under-handed tactics and be accomplice to the brightest talent in the PL moving abroad? Surely they would be wanting him to stay here so they could report on him on a regular basis. This really smacks of in-the-moment sensationalism trumping a long-term benefit.

Who: The Cobra
Where: Fighting ****
When: July 29th

The Cobra has stated that Bale will sign and be made club captain

TottenhamLegend said:
Cobra: Bale to sign and new deal... And will also be made Club Captain

These players and agents will know what Levy's like about holding players to contracts. Why then did he sign a contract extension without something like a buyout clause something that would have enabled him have more control over when he leaves? He must have been happy to commit his future to Spurs. I really think this is just a media brick storm stoked up by his agent last week it was Suarez. The player himself is happy at Spurs. Also where's all the stuff about Madrid not being able to afford Bale- has that changed?

This is part of the problem. They are destabilizing the player, have worked the agent and now want to get him far cheaper in cash terms than the reported bids. That's not even ITK, that's what they do (we saw with Modric). Again, whatever happens they have achieved the goal of mucking the player's head...it's a disgrace.

Who: The Cobra
Where: Fighting ****
When: July 29th

The Cobra has stated that Bale will sign and be made club captain

TottenhamLegend said:
Cobra: Bale to sign and new deal... And will also be made Club Captain

Bale isnt captain material - you cant give someone the captaincy because they may leave.

Then again im of th eopinion that only central defenders should be captains

isn't Club Captain different to who wears the armband?

anyway - this Cobra business, can anyone back up whether it's a genuine ITK account or one which is a bit of a tinkle take?

(i know that it's used by different people to relay info, just not sure if it's taken seriously - a big claim to be making at this point - Bale staying/new contract)

I hope thats not true. I dont care who the player is, I wouldnt want Dawson stripped of the captaincy just to give it to someone so they stay at the club thats just ridiculous. Dawson would do anything to play for Spurs and to give it to Bale just to keep him, I'd find that quite insulting....

Bale isnt captain material - you cant give someone the captaincy because they may leave.

Then again im of th eopinion that only central defenders should be captains

Reportedly a model pro, one of the players that trains the hardest. True dedication to becoming as good as he possibly can.

Will obviously have the respect of the rest of the players.

Would be a fine choice for me and whatever leadership we get from Dawson, Vertonghen, Lloris etc they can provide without the armband too. We don't really have a true leader as in a vocal leader on the pitch so giving the captaincy to the biggest star makes some sense at least.

Reportedly a model pro, one of the players that trains the hardest. True dedication to becoming as good as he possibly can.

Will obviously have the respect of the rest of the players.

Would be a fine choice for me and whatever leadership we get from Dawson, Vertonghen, Lloris etc they can provide without the armband too. We don't really have a true leader as in a vocal leader on the pitch so giving the captaincy to the biggest star makes some sense at least.

Captaincy has always been one of those things that we all have differing views on. I guess it depends what qualities and attributes one expects from a captain. I like a talker and one with organisational skills - hence the defender for me as first choice.

I wouldnt expect Bale to stay because he is made captain - would it be a big deal for him? enough to sway him? doubt it. I like Dawson as captain.

good point - leaders lead whether they have the armband or not - assigning a club captain is more formality than anything else at this level - identifies a figurehead more than anything else

Really on the fence as to whether I think it's better he stays or goes. I'm leaning towards the get rid now and slap down £30m each on Bernard, Soldado and Lamela.

Appreciate it's real life and not FM, but just think this has the potential to poison our campaign and it might be better to get rid and get some new talent in. We shall see.

I just can't understand what's changed in the last three months to turn Bale's head. I can only imagine Real have threatened him that it's this summer or never and he's getting desperate.

good point - leaders lead whether they have the armband or not - assigning a club captain is more formality than anything else at this level - identifies a figurehead more than anything else
exactly - if you need a piece of elastic on your arm to show you're the captain - you aren't.

Captaincy has always been one of those things that we all have differing views on. I guess it depends what qualities and attributes one expects from a captain. I like a talker and one with organisational skills - hence the defender for me as first choice.

I wouldnt expect Bale to stay because he is made captain - would it be a big deal for him? enough to sway him? doubt it. I like Dawson as captain.

I agree that it's a difficult one to agree on. :)

I just don't see us having a talker as an option for our captaincy at the moment. If we had a Roy Keane type available to us then I wouldn't want us to give Bale the captaincy, but since it's a bit of a coin toss who gets in anyway I don't think giving it to Bale would be bad, especially if it comes after him signing a new contract with the amount of speculation he's been the subject of recently.

fudge on tomorrows Marca front page ... They have a picture of Gareth Bale downing some Seafood Paella dozing off at the table which looks like an attempt of a Siesta (The only fake part of the picture looks like the weather has clearly been photoshopped)

The title reads "Bale goes on Roast Meal Strike - He was born to play for Real"

but we still have nothing tangible from Bale or Barnett to say he is dum dum DUM Distraught...... until then we cant be sure Bale hates Levy/us and wants the fastest ticket out of here.

I wonder if Madrid have somehow resurrected Joseph Goebbels to head there propaganda!

still the waiting game. we know nothing.

Back